Native Chief - Can we get a heartbeat?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Re: Native Chief - Can we get a heartbeat?

Post by steelcity16 »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:57 pm
Thanks for the updates I will be purchasing one when available becasue with the way Spyderco is delivering this year it appears if you do not as soon as they come out, you will be getting locked out and at the mercy of the flippers.

Wonder why things are delivering like they are this year? Sprint runs that are done in low numbers and sprint out off the seller website within minutes before people can purchase IE: Recent 20CV PM2. Before that the DLC from Blade HQ Shaman wasn't it?

The Smock a so called regular production run knife, ran and promptly disappeared. Same with the Ikuchi look around now they are out of stock at Blade HQ Knife Center etc....

2019 has been a strange year with Spyderco small batch runs of the most interesting designs seems to be the trend.

Or maybe demand is increasing rather than the supply being lower...
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:18 pm
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:57 pm
Thanks for the updates I will be purchasing one when available becasue with the way Spyderco is delivering this year it appears if you do not as soon as they come out, you will be getting locked out and at the mercy of the flippers.

Wonder why things are delivering like they are this year? Sprint runs that are done in low numbers and sprint out off the seller website within minutes before people can purchase IE: Recent 20CV PM2. Before that the DLC from Blade HQ Shaman wasn't it?

The Smock a so called regular production run knife, ran and promptly disappeared. Same with the Ikuchi look around now they are out of stock at Blade HQ Knife Center etc....

2019 has been a strange year with Spyderco small batch runs of the most interesting designs seems to be the trend.

Or maybe demand is increasing rather than the supply being lower...
Maybe but knowing how few of the 20CV PM2 were ordered from Spyderco by DLT, 800 of them which sold out in 4 minutes I am thinking otherwise. Glad I bought two of them never dreamed they would sell out that fast.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Chief in stock at lamnia (European dealer)!
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Double post
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Filoso-

Post by Filoso- »

Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:02 am
Thanks for the heads up Wartstein!! ;)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Filoso- wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:34 am
Wartstein wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:02 am
Thanks for the heads up Wartstein!! ;)

For you guys always a pleasure!! :)
PStone

Post by PStone »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:42 am

Modded this one. Happy with it. :D
Wow!!! That is amazing! You did that yourself?? You are very talented. That needs to be a sprint run in solid CF.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Mine is in the mail.
Cycletroll

Post by Cycletroll »

Just received tracking info from BladeHQ. Pre order placed about a month ago. :)
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

In stock at GPknives. Got one inbound :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
millwright

Post by millwright »

In stock at knifejoy
nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

Very nice work, LiquidCobra. Are those Dremel Dimples?

I like the extra-crisp and grippy G10 on the Native Chief, though I'll probably not carry it with dress slacks. Will make for great EDC in casual slacks and jeans. Home run with the NC, slim in the pocket, while unfolding a pocketful of blade. Well worth the wait, and with a Spydieholic mindset I look forward to a sprint. This would be a great scaffold for a C52-cognate micarta plus CruWear.

Here are a few quick bundled cell pix of recently arrived Shaman Sprint, BBS Delica M390, Native Chief, LadyBug Pakkawood HAP40, and the DLT 20CV DLC PM2.

Haven't seen many posts of the NC, BBS, nor LB PW. I'll try to get some better daylight photos of these, before they head out as graduation gifts. (The Shaman is not for a grad per se, but an in-law finishing law clerkship with a US District judge. Knife rights, hehe)

please forgive the html block crossing threads

GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

That's about $1200 all in eh? ****
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Would make sense with a comparison to the Shaman, all the rest are pretty irrelevant...like the 8 other threads I've seen these pics tonight :rolleyes: props to you for having the cash to buy all these recent releases...but at least make the pics worthy of the thread titles.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
elena86

Post by elena86 »

How thick behind the edge is it ?
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

If the stock keeping is correct, i just nabbed the last one from GP Knives for this round of inventory. Will be happy to see the shipping confirmation!
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Enactive wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:50 pm
If the stock keeping is correct, i just nabbed the last one from GP Knives for this round of inventory. Will be happy to see the shipping confirmation!
Looking forward to your first impressions, if you'll like to let us know!

/ I will have to try selling my Custom-Zirikote-wood-scales Military first to get the funds for the Chief..
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Wartstein wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:32 pm
Enactive wrote:

/ I will have to try selling my Custom-Zirikote-wood-scales Military first to get the funds for the Chief..
Of course, i will be happy to share my impressions once i have some.

Your Mili looks pretty special, seems like you should be able to sell it for a good price. I hope that works out for you to get a Chief.
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Enactive wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:04 pm
Wartstein wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:32 pm
Enactive wrote:

Of course, i will be happy to share my impressions once i have some.

Your Mili looks pretty special, seems like you should be able to sell it for a good price. I hope that works out for you to get a Chief.
Cool, thanks!! :)

/ No, actually it's pretty hard to sell "special" knives (so fearuring wooden scales like my Mili does) where I live. But since the Chief is a regular production knife I strongly assume it will be still available in a few weeks or month, so I can take my time concerning the Mili-sale... Chief will be mine eventually. :)
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Have any more of you got the Chief yet and what do you think about it? I really like the ergos and it's a nice slicer. I hope more people buy the chief than they did the Manix2 backlock. I would like to see the chief sprinted/exclusive-d. I really like large knives to be backlocks and Golden makes an excellent backlock. The same knife made in Seki would prob cost over $200.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb