Fixed Blade Friday!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
legOFwhat?
Member
Posts: 818
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:58 am
Location: Kentucky; Earth

Re: Fixed Blade Friday!

Postby legOFwhat? » Fri May 17, 2019 7:04 pm

Thank you reject for taking the time. Bless you!
-Larry


User avatar
Reject
Member
Posts: 1500
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Australia. Up a Gum tree.

Re: Fixed Blade Friday!

Postby Reject » Fri May 24, 2019 1:13 am

Image
How much can a Koala bear?

JD Spydo
Member
Posts: 17260
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Blue Springs, Missouri

Re: Fixed Blade Friday!

Postby JD Spydo » Fri May 24, 2019 4:46 am

Larry_Mott wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:29 pm
No Kumo love in here?
Larry I did like the overall design of the KUMO but that handle to me was just not appropriate for a knife that I would want to make into a hard user or even a camp/outdoor/backpacking knife for that matter. Had that KUMO model been given a Micarta, G-10 or an Almite handle comparable to the one that they put on the original C-60 Ayoob I would have probably kept my KUMO model. And I've got a video on how to re-wrap those types of handles too but I just like a harder, more permanent handle than the one they put on.

Actually the super ergonomic FRN handle they put on the TEMPERANCE 1 model is still in my all time top 3 favorite fixed blade handles. And I would have loved one with similar ergonomics.

User avatar
z4vdBt
Member
Posts: 449
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:42 pm
Location: U.S.A. Earth

Re: Fixed Blade Friday!

Postby z4vdBt » Sat May 25, 2019 1:43 am

Image

User avatar
Reject
Member
Posts: 1500
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Australia. Up a Gum tree.

Re: Fixed Blade Friday!

Postby Reject » Fri May 31, 2019 1:27 am

Image
How much can a Koala bear?

JD Spydo
Member
Posts: 17260
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Blue Springs, Missouri

Re: Fixed Blade Friday!

Postby JD Spydo » Fri May 31, 2019 7:10 pm

Reject wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:27 am
Reject my good Brother there are very few guys here at Spyderville that I truly envy>> but dude you're one of them :D Just that awesome collection of TEMP 1 models you have drives me bonkers every time I see them. Also it seems like we have similar tastes on blades. Yeah your collection of fixed blade Spyders is absolutely awesome :cool: Keep up the good work my friend :)

User avatar
Reject
Member
Posts: 1500
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Australia. Up a Gum tree.

Re: Fixed Blade Friday!

Postby Reject » Fri May 31, 2019 8:35 pm

:) Thanks JD. The reason I post photos of them so often is not to create envy, :D it is to share the enjoyment I feel for of these wonderful creations.

;) Plus it gives me a reason to get them out and play with them more often.
How much can a Koala bear?

JD Spydo
Member
Posts: 17260
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm
Location: Blue Springs, Missouri

Re: Fixed Blade Friday!

Postby JD Spydo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Reject wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 8:35 pm
:) Thanks JD. The reason I post photos of them so often is not to create envy, :D it is to share the enjoyment I feel for of these wonderful creations.

;) Plus it gives me a reason to get them out and play with them more often.
Don't change a thing>> just keep building that collection of awesome Spyderco fixed blades. We all need an example we can look up to ;)

I wonder would you be for a Sprint Run of the TEMP 1 either in a supersteel or LC200N in both PE & SE like the original was offered in? :cool: Actually I couldn't think of a better outdoor combination than a newly revamped TEMP 1 in a new blade steel. I wouldn't even mind the original handle>> because it was just about perfect from day one.

User avatar
legOFwhat?
Member
Posts: 818
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:58 am
Location: Kentucky; Earth

Re: Fixed Blade Friday!

Postby legOFwhat? » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:23 pm

I, for one, would be all over a sprint Temperance and I don't have any knives in LC200N yet. Any super steel would work for me.

Do it! Please :)
-Larry

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5313
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: Fixed Blade Friday!

Postby MacLaren » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:54 pm

I meant to add this last Friday. Am also suprised it hasnt been posted yet. I'll go ahead and post her today, as I will be out of the country this Friday.
Image
Image

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5313
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: Fixed Blade Friday!

Postby MacLaren » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:24 pm

Reject wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:27 am
Image
Would you care to elaborate a bit on this one?
I just wander about it. I've always considered getting one.
Did she come pretty sharp outta the box? Ergos?
Thanx man :cool:

User avatar
xceptnl
Member
Posts: 8350
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: Tobacco Country, Virginia
Contact:

Re: Fixed Blade Friday!

Postby xceptnl » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:34 pm

This one is a pretty frequent carry at work.

Image
Image
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*

User avatar
Reject
Member
Posts: 1500
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Australia. Up a Gum tree.

Re: Fixed Blade Friday!

Postby Reject » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:19 am

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:24 pm
Reject wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:27 am
Image
Would you care to elaborate a bit on this one?
I just wander about it. I've always considered getting one.
Did she come pretty sharp outta the box? Ergos?
Thanx man :cool:
If Stuart Ackerman happens to pass by this thread, :) he would be the best person to talk about the FB39 Sustain.

But out of box it slices paper easily :o and I now have a lot less hair on my arm after doing that test for you.
Feels light in hand,the scale are very smooth, but design of the handle makes for a very secure hold. The smoothness of the scales will make it very easy on the hand when doing repetitive work.
Its got a very sharp tip to the blade; :D won't be using it as a pry bar
How much can a Koala bear?

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5313
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: Fixed Blade Friday!

Postby MacLaren » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:41 am

Reject wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:19 am
MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:24 pm
Reject wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:27 am
Image
Would you care to elaborate a bit on this one?
I just wander about it. I've always considered getting one.
Did she come pretty sharp outta the box? Ergos?
Thanx man :cool:
If Stuart Ackerman happens to pass by this thread, :) he would be the best person to talk about the FB39 Sustain.

But out of box it slices paper easily :o and I now have a lot less hair on my arm after doing that test for you.
Feels light in hand,the scale are very smooth, but design of the handle makes for a very secure hold. The smoothness of the scales will make it very easy on the hand when doing repetitive work.
Its got a very sharp tip to the blade; :D won't be using it as a pry bar
Stewart doesn't need to come by. You covered everything I wanted to know. Thank you!

User avatar
Reject
Member
Posts: 1500
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Australia. Up a Gum tree.

Re: Fixed Blade Friday!

Postby Reject » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:59 am

Image
How much can a Koala bear?

User avatar
Reject
Member
Posts: 1500
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Australia. Up a Gum tree.

Re: Fixed Blade Friday!

Postby Reject » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:10 am

Image
How much can a Koala bear?

User avatar
Reject
Member
Posts: 1500
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Australia. Up a Gum tree.

Re: Fixed Blade Friday!

Postby Reject » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:40 pm

Image

Image
How much can a Koala bear?

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5313
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: Fixed Blade Friday!

Postby MacLaren » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:20 pm

Reject wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:10 am
Image
That's beautiful. Always regretted not getting one...

User avatar
Reject
Member
Posts: 1500
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:49 pm
Location: Australia. Up a Gum tree.

Re: Fixed Blade Friday!

Postby Reject » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:22 pm

Image

Image
How much can a Koala bear?


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ankerson, bbturbodad, Colorodo, Enactive, jpm2, MSN [Bot], Notsurewhy, Sirens1, toxophilus, twinboysdad and 35 guests