H1 SE Tatanka LW Salt Anyone???

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

H1 SE Tatanka LW Salt Anyone???

Post by steelcity16 »

I just want a massive hunk of serrated H1 to swing around!! :D With how popular and legendary the Pacific Salt is, I would think there would be a market for some larger H1 Salt blades like a Police LW Salt and a Tatanka LW Salt. I don't really have a desire for the non-salt G10 versions of these knives, but I would buy H1 SE LW Salt versions of both in a heartbeat!

Anyone else?? I know Vivi is on board!! ;)
Last edited by steelcity16 on Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
The Meat man

Re: H1 SE Tatanka LW Salt Anyone???

Post by The Meat man »

You should get the Whale Rescue blade and mount it on a two-handed shaft. ;)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
NickShabazz

Post by NickShabazz »

I'm curious: Now that LC200N is a thing in the Salt line, and has been shown to be basically rustproof, with substantially better edge-holding, why would you ask for H1 here?

My current feeling is that I, for one, welcome our LC200N overlords, and I hope quite strongly that it comes to replace H1 throughout the Salt lineup. And, frankly, just gets used more in general.
Mourning the Slysz Bowie and loving the rest of Spyderco's gems. Check out my reviews at https://www.youtube.com/c/nickshabazz!
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

NickShabazz wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:47 pm
I'm curious: Now that LC200N is a thing in the Salt line, and has been shown to be basically rustproof, with substantially better edge-holding, why would you ask for H1 here?

My current feeling is that I, for one, welcome our LC200N overlords, and I hope quite strongly that it comes to replace H1 throughout the Salt lineup. And, frankly, just gets used more in general.

Does LC200N beat H-1 for SE? That is the question.

I agree, I'd love to see more LC200N Salts come out. I'm looking forward to the LC200N Pacific Salt, if and when.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

The Meat man wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:57 pm
NickShabazz wrote:

Does LC200N beat H-1 for SE? That is the question.

Exactly. H1 is the undisputed king of serrated edges as far as I am concerned until I have the new LC200N SE Pacific Salt for an apples to apples comparison against my legendary H1 SE Pacific Salt. I haven't seen any real comparisons of H1 SE vs LC200N SE yet. I love my H1 SE blades so until I see evidence that LC200N is an improvement upon H1 in serrated edge, I will continue to ask for and purchase the H1 SE blades. I would love to pit a FFG LC200N SE Spyderhawk against my H1 SE Spyderhawk as well!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
SaltSerious

Post by SaltSerious »

I hadn't even considered a Tatanka Salt. I would certainly be interested. While we're throwing out idea's, how about a Tatanka based hawkbill the SpyderRaptor?
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

SaltSerious wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:27 pm

While we're throwing out idea's, how about a Tatanka based hawkbill the SpyderRaptor?

:eek: i would be all over that. I love my Spyderhawk and recently purchased a backup. I've been wanting a Spyderhawk XL as well as a Fixed Blade Spyderhawk XL.

This was earlier today..

SaltSerious

Post by SaltSerious »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:35 pm
SaltSerious wrote:

While we're throwing out idea's, how about a Tatanka based hawkbill the SpyderRaptor?

:eek: i would be all over that. I love my Spyderhawk and recently purchased a backup. I've been wanting a Spyderhawk XL as well as a Fixed Blade Spyderhawk XL.

This was earlier today..

Fellow Spyderhawk brother,
that's a nice shot.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

SaltSerious wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:26 pm

Fellow Spyderhawk brother,
that's a nice shot.

Thanks! I just ordered a Tasman Salt 1 and a Dfly Salt Hawkbill at a good price from eBay last night as well. So I have my smaller Hawks covered...now we just need some Sal to make us some XL and XXL H1 SE Hawkbill Salt LW folders! :)
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Base it off the catcherman if you really want this to happen. The molds are already made. Just have to fit a hawkbill blade in there. Otherwise you can do like I did and put a tip on a whale rescue model. Sure if you spent a little time with it you could turn it into a folder. Use a pin to lock it open and then you could use the same pin to lock it closed.
SaltSerious

Post by SaltSerious »

Steelcity, wondering if this would be made with the powerlock or regular lockback since it would be a LW variant. Really hope this knife is produced.
Frozenspyder

Post by Frozenspyder »

I'd like to see any variation of the Tatanka. The original was amazing. I think it may have been a little big for most people or it would still be in production though.
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

NickShabazz wrote:

Have you heard about the hardness of the serrations on H1 knives? It's a mixed bag but most people seem to be very happy with the edge retention.

This would be the ultimate rope cutter! I'd be in!
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

steelcity16 wrote: I just want a massive hunk of serrated H1 to swing around!! :D With how popular and legendary the Pacific Salt is, I would think there would be a market for some larger H1 Salt blades like a Police LW Salt and a Tatanka LW Salt. I don't really have a desire for the non-salt G10 versions of these knives, but I would buy H1 SE LW Salt versions of both in a heartbeat!

I could be wrong but, unless FRN molds have dropped dramatically from the $30,000+ range in the last 10 years, I suspect the chances of seeing a lightweight version of a niche model like the Tatanka are on par with those of it snowing here in SC tomorrow. Now, perhaps you meant it some other way, but in Spyderco parlance knives with "lightweight" in their description have FRN handles. Spyderco might be able to do a Tatanka with an unlined CF or G10 handle, but I think that's as close to a lightweight as you're going to get.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
SaltSerious

Post by SaltSerious »

The Deacon wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:17 am
steelcity16 wrote: I just want a massive hunk of serrated H1 to swing around!! :D With how popular and legendary the Pacific Salt is, I would think there would be a market for some larger H1 Salt blades like a Police LW Salt and a Tatanka LW Salt. I don't really have a desire for the non-salt G10 versions of these knives, but I would buy H1 SE LW Salt versions of both in a heartbeat!

I could be wrong but, unless FRN molds have dropped dramatically from the $30,000+ range in the last 10 years, I suspect the chances of seeing a lightweight version of a niche model like the Tatanka are on par with those of it snowing here in SC tomorrow. Now, perhaps you meant it some other way, but in Spyderco parlance knives with "lightweight" in their description have FRN handles. Spyderco might be able to do a Tatanka with an unlined CF or G10 handle, but I think that's as close to a lightweight as you're going to get.
G-10 SE H1 Salt Tantanka, I'll take half a dozen. Let's make this happen.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I don’t think FRN scales would make the Tatanka anything like LW.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Elshauno

Post by Elshauno »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:35 pm
SaltSerious wrote:

Have you checked out the G Sakai H1 knives?
ferider

Post by ferider »

Asking for a LW version of the Tatanka is just silly. Even as is, I feel the liners on my Tatanka are on the thin side. For actual use, that is. It's too large for my pockets anyways, so it's carried in a sheath.

Now make me one with CPM Cruwear and thicker liners, and I would buy a couple :) Or as is, with CPM S110V blade for rust resistance, that would be cool as well.

Roland.
Monty

Post by Monty »

Nice.
Last edited by Monty on Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Monty

Post by Monty »

oops double post... enjoy your weekend everyone