Corn in ancient Egypt?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
demoderby

Re: Corn in ancient Egypt?

Post by demoderby »

it was one of Khufu sons prince Djes-eb 4th dynasty old kingdom around 2500 BC. and another connection to Australia would be that Howard Carter found boomerangs that were covered in gold in king tuts tomb which was in the 18th dynasty of the new kingdom which was around 1300 BC
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

In the past couple of years or so I've been following a couple of websites that have kept up with the history and archaeology of the Peru, Bolivia and Chile regions of South America. With so many unique finds going back many, many centuries ago there were mentions of "corn" in the most ancient of the Peruvian people's as far back as they can determine. I've even wondered if their uses of corn go back further than Egypt or any other ancient civilizations for that matter.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

National Geographic magazine and others have done stories on cocaine, tobacco, and other American things being found in very ancient mummies showing some sort of trade between Egypt and there.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
demoderby

Post by demoderby »

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:43 am
They are truly only scratching the surface concerning many mysteries of Ancient Egypt. There are a couple of scholars I follow that believe that the pyramids were constructed by a race of giants>> I don't necessarily believe that myself because I think that guy that built "Coral Castle" in southern Florida actually discovered how Ancient Egyptians moved those mega-ton stones. But the theory that slaves slid the quarried stones that came from a long ways away up on a giant ramp is hogwash in my opinion.

It wasn't long after Howard Carter discovered the Tomb of King Tut that some other archaeologists determined that the Ancient Egyptians actually did brain surgeries on some of the mummies they found. Egypt is still a Pandora's Box of so many mysteries that I doubt we'll ever know most of it for sure.

One of the more recent claims about the Pyramids were being used as some sort of energy source and/or a type of power plant I do find rather interesting>> but far from being convinced. Egyptology is a study that could consume many lifetimes of study needless to say.
on youtube there is a interesting video about how ed could have built the castle .thats Eds Coral Castle Quarry and Flywheel, Engineering Mystery Solved
patrickwboyd

Post by patrickwboyd »

The "cocaine" and "nicotine" refered to that was found was a result of false positives due to contamination from the countless presevation efforts of the said mummies. The examples in question were all owned for a number of years in private collections before the samples had been taken.
The "corn" you are referring to if meant as a general term in ones (Germanic) language, does refer to a generic term used for type of edible grains. If meant as, " I see corn (maíze) in the picture", then you would be wrong. Even if we took into account that yes there was one settlement found in North America, at L'Anse Aux Meadows in Canada dating from about the year 1100 and abandoned shortly after. Maíze had only made it to the Southern United States about 2,000 years ago and started coming into Northeast America 1000 years ago about the year 1000. In the next 400-600 years it would finally make its way into Canada. Meaning there was no corn in North America to be taken by the Vikings at the time. If you look into the progression of plants and animals by indigenous peoples it it very slow.
We also have 0 evidence of the Egyptians traveling anywhere outside Europe or Africa. They did not fair well at sea faring.

I know I'm late to the party but thought better later than never...yes I only made an account just to give you correct information at 6AM my time. Yeah I do have a life... it's making sure YOU have the right information and can speak without incorrect information....
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear patrickwboyd:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike