Corn in ancient Egypt?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
demoderby

Re: Corn in ancient Egypt?

Postby demoderby » Wed May 29, 2019 1:23 pm

it was one of Khufu sons prince Djes-eb 4th dynasty old kingdom around 2500 BC. and another connection to Australia would be that Howard Carter found boomerangs that were covered in gold in king tuts tomb which was in the 18th dynasty of the new kingdom which was around 1300 BC

JD Spydo

Postby JD Spydo » Wed May 29, 2019 2:19 pm

In the past couple of years or so I've been following a couple of websites that have kept up with the history and archaeology of the Peru, Bolivia and Chile regions of South America. With so many unique finds going back many, many centuries ago there were mentions of "corn" in the most ancient of the Peruvian people's as far back as they can determine. I've even wondered if their uses of corn go back further than Egypt or any other ancient civilizations for that matter.

Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Postby Doc Dan » Thu May 30, 2019 8:48 pm

National Geographic magazine and others have done stories on cocaine, tobacco, and other American things being found in very ancient mummies showing some sort of trade between Egypt and there.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

"Until we meet again, may the good Lord take a liking to you."
(Roy Rogers)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050

demoderby

Postby demoderby » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:58 pm

JD Spydo wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:43 am
They are truly only scratching the surface concerning many mysteries of Ancient Egypt. There are a couple of scholars I follow that believe that the pyramids were constructed by a race of giants>> I don't necessarily believe that myself because I think that guy that built "Coral Castle" in southern Florida actually discovered how Ancient Egyptians moved those mega-ton stones. But the theory that slaves slid the quarried stones that came from a long ways away up on a giant ramp is hogwash in my opinion.

It wasn't long after Howard Carter discovered the Tomb of King Tut that some other archaeologists determined that the Ancient Egyptians actually did brain surgeries on some of the mummies they found. Egypt is still a Pandora's Box of so many mysteries that I doubt we'll ever know most of it for sure.

One of the more recent claims about the Pyramids were being used as some sort of energy source and/or a type of power plant I do find rather interesting>> but far from being convinced. Egyptology is a study that could consume many lifetimes of study needless to say.
on youtube there is a interesting video about how ed could have built the castle .thats Eds Coral Castle Quarry and Flywheel, Engineering Mystery Solved

Return to “Off-Topic”