M390 Delica Blue FRN Bento Box Shop Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Re: New M390 Bento Box Shop Exclusive

Post by steelcity16 »

I'm going to be sleeping tonight with visions of Smurf Blue FRN M390 Dragonflies dancing in my head. Man I hope that is what it is!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Not sure how you guys keep thinking this is a Shaman or something else out of Golden. Have you taken a minute to look at the curved font and overall style of every single Shaman/PM2/Para 3/etc released out of Golden and not a single one matches the style of the tang stamp that LC posted?

Take a look at this recent HAP40 Lum Tanto tang - the way the S and P and the Y and D of the company name are spaced - that’s ONLY a Seki thing. I would fully expect the color difference - that the HAP40 one is rust colored - is simply due to the chemistries (different oxidation potentials) of the two steels.

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:33 pm
Not sure how you guys keep thinking this is a Shaman or something else out of Golden. Have you taken a minute to look at the curved font and overall style of every single Shaman/PM2/Para 3/etc released out of Golden and not a single one matches the style of the tang stamp that LC posted?

Take a look at this recent HAP40 Lum Tanto tang - the way the S and P and the Y and D of the company name are spaced - that’s ONLY a Seki thing. I would fully expect the color difference - that the HAP40 one is rust colored - is simply due to the chemistries (different oxidation potentials) of the two steels.

Haha this reminds me of Forensic Files. "A forensic typologist identified the knife as Japanese in origin, not domestic, as theorized by others."
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

We're all assuming that the photo is from the new run? Not a stock photo from an old run or something?
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Hmmm... NONE of my Seki spyders look like that. The kerning is all even. This is a sampling of: green, blue, and pink Delica 4s; orange df2; Salt 2; hap40 wharncliffe Delica; and Remote Release.

Also of note is that ALL of my pm2s and para3s have capital “S” and lowercase “pyderco”.

This exhausts my available comparators, so... I’ve no idea what that Bento Box exclusive could be!

Eta- some good pricing on otherwise unavailable knives!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

TomAiello wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:25 pm
We're all assuming that the photo is from the new run? Not a stock photo from an old run or something?
Who knows where that photo is from. Could even be photoshop :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Ooooh what if it's a Dodo!

A guy can dream right?

Letterings right.
(Probably not :D )

What about a Blue Handled Respect? Lulz

See this mystery reveal things has backfired already, what ever it is, it wont live up to the possibilities of what it could have been.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I'm betting Delica, but hoping for a Dragonfly.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Hmmm, being a CC member I also seem to have a few Seki Spydercos sitting around. Here’s my stamped VG-10 wharnie Delica, looks pretty similar. All the multitude of other FRN colors all shared this font style, although most recent ones are now lasered on versus stamped.

Still looking like it’s Seki made to me... I guess folks don’t see the direct similarity to this and the Lum Tanto lettering style...
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Character spacing in that stamping is even, and it’s a Delica. What knife belongs to the stamp/etch for the HAP40/SUS420 you posted further up?
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 4:29 pm

Still looking like it’s Seki made to me... I guess folks don’t see the direct similarity to this and the Lum Tanto lettering style...

I'm with you!! Praying for an FRN Dragonfly, or an FRN Delica would be a close second.

Could be a Lum Tanto or Police though. :confused:
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 4:56 pm
Character spacing in that stamping is even, and it’s a Delica. What knife belongs to the stamp/etch for the HAP40/SUS420 you posted further up?

That was from the BHQ Lum Tanto.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Unless they are bringing back the jester, this is going to be a big swing and a miss.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

SF Native wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 5:09 pm
Unless they are bringing back the jester, this is going to be a big swing and a miss.

Oh snap, didn't think of that. Smurf Blue FRN M390 Jester is my new horse in this race!!! Lets go Jester!!!
PStone

Post by PStone »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 4:29 pm
Hmmm, being a CC member I also seem to have a few Seki Spydercos sitting around. Here’s my stamped VG-10 wharnie Delica, looks pretty similar. All the multitude of other FRN colors all shared this font style, although most recent ones are now lasered on versus stamped.

[img]

I 100% agree. Totally a Seki engraving. If only it were a bit wiggly like some of the vtoku’s.... That would clear things up.

If it turns out to be an endura, will you let your cc into the wild, or hang onto it? My vtoku endura is 087....

*Edited to remove quoted pic
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 5:04 pm
Woodpuppy wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 4:56 pm

That was from the BHQ Lum Tanto.
😖

Yeah I see that now...
Elshauno

Post by Elshauno »

If it's a Delica or Endura i hope its a wharncliffe
Mm1313

Post by Mm1313 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 12:57 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 12:50 pm
SF Native wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 12:43 pm
It’s got to be a shaman, right?
What other new model has been that popular?
Why would they do a caly, delica, dragonfly, urban, para anything, etc now? Those have been available for years.
This will be the year of the shaman.
I would imagine it takes a long time to get whatever they ordered made. That's why I really think it's more Para 2's.
That would be interesting, as I was under the impression that DLT was releasing their M390 PM2 again sometime this year...though interestingly enough, they've released the satin/tan 20CV and the DLC version tomorrow. I wonder if DLT pulled out of another M390 run, and maybe BBS is doing theirs again instead??
DLT actually mentioned on their Instagram today in the comments section of their new release that they were gonna still be releasing the red m390 PM2 at some point in the not so distant future.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Mm1313 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:23 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 12:57 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 12:50 pm
SF Native wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 12:43 pm
It’s got to be a shaman, right?
What other new model has been that popular?
Why would they do a caly, delica, dragonfly, urban, para anything, etc now? Those have been available for years.
This will be the year of the shaman.
I would imagine it takes a long time to get whatever they ordered made. That's why I really think it's more Para 2's.
That would be interesting, as I was under the impression that DLT was releasing their M390 PM2 again sometime this year...though interestingly enough, they've released the satin/tan 20CV and the DLC version tomorrow. I wonder if DLT pulled out of another M390 run, and maybe BBS is doing theirs again instead??
DLT actually mentioned on their Instagram today in the comments section of their new release that they were gonna still be releasing the red m390 PM2 at some point in the not so distant future.

Ugh, PM2s are so 2017. Where the Para 3 LWs at??
SG89

Post by SG89 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:29 pm
Ugh, PM2s are so 2017. Where the Para 3 LWs at??
This guy knows whats up
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb