Disgusting: Another Fake Military and Fake Tusk, with Spyderco name on it!

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
SpyderEdgeForever

Disgusting: Another Fake Military and Fake Tusk, with Spyderco name on it!

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

This is so disgusting. Another Fake Spyderco Military listed on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fiber-S ... mbat-Blue-

Folding-Pocket-Knife/303152808380?_trkparms=aid%3D333200%26algo%3DCOMP.MBE%26ao

%3D1%26asc%3D58205%26meid%3D82445b284f414513941a91084f5cf063%26pid%3D100008%26rk

%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D333116458738%26itm%3D303152808380&_trksid=p2047675.c100008.m2219

They even put Spyderco on the blade.

This particular seller has other fakes for sale too:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/zhongjson0/m.h ... 7675.l2562

They are selling a fake Tusk, too:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cool-Tactical- ... Sw1OFc078y

Absolutely disgusting and filthy. Whenever I see this I feel a deep wretched disgust inside towards these people. They are stealing from sal and the Spyderco people.
lonerider1013

Re: Disgusting: Another Fake Military and Fake Tusk, with Spyderco name on it!

Post by lonerider1013 »

Beyond the copyright theft is the question: why would anyone buy a fake knife, i.e. something that looks like the real thing but not the same quality? A knife isn't a handbag or fancy clothes it's a tool and if it isn't up to the quality you think it is someone could be hurt. Imagine... locks failing, blades bending or snapping... this is not very cool.
"A fool's blade may be sharper than his brain"
“Learn to ride a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live." - Mark Twain
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

lonerider1013 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 2:18 pm
Beyond the copyright theft is the question: why would anyone buy a fake knife, i.e. something that looks like the real thing but not the same quality? A knife isn't a handbag or fancy clothes it's a tool and if it isn't up to the quality you think it is someone could be hurt. Imagine... locks failing, blades bending or snapping... this is not very cool.
This is a very important point and I am very glad you mention this. Thank you lonerider. Those fakes can endanger the lives and limbs of people. Someone could lose a finger if they are attempting to cut something and the counterfeit lock or blade or some other part fail. Its very disgusting.
Owl

Post by Owl »

lonerider1013 wrote:
Beyond the copyright theft is the question: why would anyone buy a fake knife, i.e. something that looks like the real thing but not the same quality?

Perhaps for the portion of those I've seen who don't use their knives :p Watched a video of a 'knife' made entirely from carbon fiber once, which the reviewer found was literally incapable of cutting anything and further wasn't food safe (even pointed out by the company). Yet no doubt some would have bought it to take pictures of or fidget with.
lonerider1013

Post by lonerider1013 »

Wow.
I could see a carbon fiber stiletto, for the nefarious, but not a knife.
"A fool's blade may be sharper than his brain"
“Learn to ride a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live." - Mark Twain
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

lonerider1013 wrote:
For a lot of people it's the look/name of the real product at a fraction of the cost. They hardly use the knives, And if they do , It's for opening mail or boxes. Remember in the late 80s early 90s, The fake car phone antennas sold at Pep Boys and Napa? ....same concept for people projecting a false image of themselves to boost self worth!

Never understood that....

James