What is your favorite fruit?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
ThePeacent

Re: What is your favorite fruit?

Post by ThePeacent »

Avocado, tomato, coconut, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

You all know how to eat good food :) Here is a related question: Do you like to ever add fruit to "savory" foods such as meat dishes? David you mentioned pineapple, that is one of my favorites, too. I sometimes have enjoyed sliced fresh pineapple on a ham sandwich and also on pizza.
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

JD Spydo wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 3:20 am
Hey guys I just found out that by definition the "avocado" is also classified as a fruit!! Now that really shocked me when I read it. To me the avocado has vegetable written all over it. But it was about 10 years ago that an old girlfriend of mine won a bet with me that the tomato is a fruit as well.

There are so many trick questions regarding what is fruit and what is vegetable. They even have avocado also classified as a "berry" on top of everything else :confused:
Fruits contain the seed of the plant. So that's straightforward: cucumbers are fruit. So are aubergines/eggplant.

"Name a berry" is a great pub question because strawberry, raspberry and blackberries aren't berries according to the scientific definition- they are drupes or aggregate fruit.

A berry is produced from the ovary of a single flower in which the outer layer of the ovary wall develops into an edible fleshy portion. Multiple seeds inside is fine and still a berry but not multiple smaller fruitlets or the seed at the surface.

Chilli? That's a berry
Strawberry? Not a berry

Ain't science fun?! :D
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
awa54

Post by awa54 »

403 forbidden

...or possibly figs?
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:26 am
I sometimes have enjoyed sliced fresh pineapple on a ham sandwich ...
Fresh or out of a tin SEF, either ways I’m partial to a ham and pineapple sanga. :cool:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin