Street Beat Sprint

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Would you buy a Street Beat sprint run?

Yes. I'd prefer stainless with a satin finish (M390, CTS204P, S110V, LC200N etc.)
35%
Yes. I'd prefer stainless with a DLC finish
4%
Yes. I'd prefer carbon steel with a satin finish (K390, M4, Super Blue, etc.)
29%
Yes. I'd prefer carbon steel with a DLC finish
9%
No, I am not interested in this model regardless of steel choice
12%
No, I am happy with VG10
10%

Total votes: 68

vivi

Re: Street Beat Sprint

Post by vivi »

sal wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:54 am
I think the maker of the model might have difficulty working with the steels suggested. I'll present your case.

sal
Sal, thank you for your consideration. Part of my love for the two Perrin bowies stems from reading your admiration of the models. I remember a post of yours that said something to the effect of "Even if the Street Beat doesn't maintain high sales, it isn't going anywhere. It's too nice of a design."

Since it is made in japan, maybe hap40 or vtoku2 would be more feasible?
:unicorn
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

sal wrote:
I think the maker of the model might have difficulty working with the steels suggested. I'll present your case.

sal
FANTASTIC!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

Vivi wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:27 pm
sal wrote:

sal
Sal, thank you for your consideration. Part of my love for the two Perrin bowies stems from reading your admiration of the models. I remember a post of yours that said something to the effect of "Even if the Street Beat doesn't maintain high sales, it isn't going anywhere. It's too nice of a design."

Oh man, unlaminated hap40 or vtoku2 or superblue would be awesome! Just keep the black micarta handle.
--Jeremy
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Voted “not interested”.

With my fixed-blade allegiances already in place (ESEE; Blind Horse Knives>LT Wright Handcrafted Knives), I came to Spyderco for the folders.

Only the WaterWay, whose designer and development environment we are fortunate to know, has compelled me to open my wallet.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
vivi

Post by vivi »

wrdwrght wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:29 am
Voted “not interested”.

With my fixed-blade allegiances already in place (ESEE; Blind Horse Knives>LT Wright Handcrafted Knives), I came to Spyderco for the folders.

Only the WaterWay, whose designer and development environment we are fortunate to know, has compelled me to open my wallet.
You have nice taste in fixed blades.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

I definitely want two of these in 20CV, M390, CTS204P, or S110V. This design is classical. Never mind the naysayers. Just please do something like... HOLD two or three for me, one for each adult family member here, when they come out. A regular, ongoing, production run, at Spyderco would make me very happy. YES, I can imagine what they will cost, and we are talking $200 at least. So be it.

FULL SPEED AHEAD! MAKE IT SO!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

I voted for stainless with DLC. VG-10 would be fine, and LC200N would be fantastic. More than most designs I think the Street Beat is well suited to DLC.
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

I would not be interested in this knife with any stainless blade.
vivi

Post by vivi »

I'm surprised at how well this idea has been received. Didn't realize we had so many street beat fans :)
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

kerrcobra wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:27 am
Vivi wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:27 pm
sal wrote:

sal

Oh man, unlaminated hap40 or vtoku2 or superblue would be awesome! Just keep the black micarta handle.
V- Toku2 or Hap40 would definitely make me consider this model. Laminated would be fine with me, but in a fixed blade I'd be happy with solid tool steel too.
Jmotley

Post by Jmotley »

Love my street beat. Would love LOVE a k390 or solid super blue version with a very slightly thinner grind or thinner stock. With maybe a burlap g10 or micarta handle like the temp 2 would look great I think.
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

Jmotley wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:19 pm
Love my street beat. Would love LOVE a k390 or solid super blue version with a very slightly thinner grind or thinner stock. With maybe a burlap g10 or micarta handle like the temp 2 would look great I think.
I am really hoping that if this becomes a possibility we'll get a k390 street beat. I would love for it to have a dark blue g10 handle to match the existing k390 pattern with the police 4, but of course the black micarta is great too. That's probably my number one choice, but I would be super stoked for unlaminated super blue (or hap40 or v-toku2). I love them all, and I won't really complain no matter what we get as long as we get another version of the SB!! I don't think I'd like burlap micarta tbh, but to each his own. I would still buy several of them if the SB comes back. I paid an exorbitant amount (on ebay) for my back-up in VG10 after it was discontinued, so I am SO stoked that other people are showing interest in a return of the SB!!
--Jeremy
ZMW

Post by ZMW »

SB, Hap, or vtoku would interest me
soundshaman

Post by soundshaman »

I would also like to see a non-stainless sprint of the street beat. DLC or no DLC
cesma

Post by cesma »

I've thinking to buy a custom perrin here in europe but if you put out a streat beat version in k390 or m4 i'm defintly all in!!!!!
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

If it ends up being non-stainless K390 or M4, I'd prefer the DLC. I don't know why people prefer carbon steel in what amounts to a 100% EDC, but I'd probably still buy one.

20CV, M390, CTS204P absolutely rock and they do not have to be pampered at all.
Tims

Post by Tims »

Yep but only if it’s in micarta. I would much prefer stainless also
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:40 am
Tucson Tom wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 9:08 pm
JD Spydo wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:22 am
I would like to see a couple of different Sprint Runs of the STREETBEAT but for different reasons. Sure I would like to see one in a newer/better steel than VG-10. But I also would like to see a Spyderedged version of it.
Reading this makes me think again that I should get a Jumpmaster. It is near the top of my "regular production knives to get, maybe" list.

Same here. I am not huge into fixed blade, but the Aqua Salt and Jumpmaster are at the top of my list to get at some point. One can never have enough H1 SE!
As much as I like the Jumpmaster I still like the Spyderedged version of the TEMPERANCE 1 even better. But I would just love to really do a hard test with a STREETBEAT in SE. I think that could potentially be about the most handy fixed blade for EDC uses a guy could ask for. It isn't bad at all in PE but in SE there are a lot more jobs I could accomplish with it.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I'd definitely buy one in VG-10 with a Dymondwood/Pakawood handle.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

The Deacon wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 4:22 am
I'd definitely buy one in VG-10 with a Dymondwood/Pakawood handle.
Ooh...I love the idea of a pakkawood handle. I'd still prefer to see something like M4 or K390, but as long as the Street Beat comes back you can't really go wrong.
--Jeremy