What is your favorite fruit?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
The Meat man

What is your favorite fruit?

Post by The Meat man »

Just curious. :)

Strawberries for me, with raspberries and kiwis close behind.

What about you?
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
SpyderEdgeForever

Re: What is your favorite fruit?

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

This is a great question. And very difficult because there are so many. I would have to say grapes.

Seedless green and red grapes especially but purple ones are good too.

Though technically grapes are a berry. Among fruits I would say oranges.
flasharry

Post by flasharry »

Can't beat the plain old apple - lots of great varieties to choose from.. Lobo is a good un - we had a Lobo apple tree in our backyard in Quebec.. Its a Macintosh variant, even tastier than the original... not great for cider - for that you want a Bilodeau variety apple - we had one of those as well. made great homemade cider...(after its second year in fruit..)
"You never know what lonesome is, 'til you get to herdin' cows"
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

The Meat man wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:44 pm
Just curious. :)

Strawberries for me, with raspberries and kiwis close behind.

What about you?
The forbidden kind!! :) :p

James
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Peaches, pears, plums, blueberries and blackberries and cherries. I can't pick one as a favorite though. Whichever one is ripest and freshest is fine.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Kiwi fruit, grapes and blueberries. I'm partial to Granny Smith apples and figs too.

Anything but Durians! :eek:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Ooo this is difficult. Kiwis are probs number one. Followed by honeycrisp apples and peaches.

If it is a tasty desert, peach or blackberry cobbler.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
James Y

Post by James Y »

When they're just right, I love avocados. Not in guacamole, but as they are.

Jim
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Fresh Apricots!! When I was a kid I would spend some summers at one of my aunts who had two big apricot trees and each summer they were loaded. What was strange is that it seemed at the time few people in our family seemed to really care about them and I would as a result literally eat myself almost sick with them. But the taste of those fresh apricots in the summer time was truly something I won't forget for the remainder of my life on this planet.

Fresh peaches take a close second on that list ( yeah she had a peach tree too)>> but there is something really delicious about fresh, tree ripened apricots right off the tree that has no equal as far as I'm concerned.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I love them all, except durians! Apricots, apples, peaches, grapes, jack fruit, rambutan, mangostenes, cherries, you name it, I like it. However, I do tend to eat more apples than anything else, but that is also partly because apples stay with you longer and you don't get hungry again as soon.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Extra330SC wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:24 pm
The forbidden kind!!  :)  :p

James
Ha ha! :D
Bloke wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 11:14 pm
Kiwi fruit, grapes and blueberries. I'm partial to Granny Smith apples and figs too.

Anything but Durians!  :eek:
Grapes and fresh blueberries are some of my favorites too, and I'm with you as far as apples (Granny Smiths are my favorite, especially in pie :)  ) I don't remember ever having fresh figs though.
JD Spydo wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:34 am
Fresh Apricots!!  When I was a kid I would spend some summers at one of my aunts who had two big apricot trees and each summer they were loaded.  What was strange is that it seemed at the time few people in our family seemed to really care about them and I would as a result literally eat myself almost sick with them.   But the taste of those fresh apricots in the summer time was truly something I won't forget for the remainder of my life on this planet.

Fresh peaches take a close second on that list ( yeah she had a peach tree too)>> but there is something really delicious about fresh, tree ripened apricots right off the tree that has no equal as far as I'm concerned.
I've never had fresh apricots, just dried. Are they similar to a peach in texture?
Last edited by The Meat man on Thu May 23, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
benben

Post by benben »

Honeycrisp apples are probably at the top of the list for me.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

A good peach is awfully nice.
Honeycrisp apples too.
Plums, nectarines, black cherries.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I like fruits tart.

Granny Smith apples, green grapes, pineapple, blueberries and strawberries. When I lived in Colorado I always looked forward to peach season.

I have six blueberries bushes that are each about six foot tall. We eat a lot of blueberries. :) Mmmm.... Blueberry rhubarb jam... :D
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Strawberries
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

I also like to make fresh squeezed lemonade. I mix it very strong, with only a little sugar.
- Connor

TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Bloke wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 11:14 pm
Anything but Durians! :eek:
Lol.

Here's a great video of some of my friends trying Durian:

https://youtu.be/sO2XAIYaq6g
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

A very ripe honeydew melon... omnomnom...
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Milo
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

A good crisp apple takes some beating- Jazz, Braeburn or a Discovery for preference....though a bright green Granny Smith is always appreciated.
We've always got lemons, limes and tangerines in the house- so they are a favourite too.

Raspberries, whipped cream and crushed meringues make the best desert in the world.

There's only a few fruits I'm not into
I've tried durian when I was in Asia (and you can get it in the UK in various places)- it's interesting as a flavour but the flesh on it's own has that odd texture common to to many tropical fruits.

I'm not a fan of bananas- the lack of texture when they are ripe is not pleasant.
Blueberries always let me down- so mild.
Pomegranates are less a fruit than a passtime
And I can't stand peaches, nectarines or apricots.....Can't bear anything peach or apricot flavoured either.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/