Spyderco 2019 Reveal Volume Two Released!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
UrbanMoose

Re: Spyderco 2019 Reveal Volume Two Released!

Post by UrbanMoose »

I'll be getting two of the new Urban. This knife has been top of my list all year. Christmas is coming in July for me!
Nate

Post by Nate »

Sweet! Interested in several and have the Urban on pre-order.
:spyder:
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

i cant wait for the sage 5 frn version yay. wish it said prices and gave estimate dates.oh yea and an urban in aebl
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
hambone56rx

Post by hambone56rx »

Vivi wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:10 pm
youmakemehole wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:30 pm
I agree, I'd be picking up a good handful of knives aside from the P4 if they had released those new models in anything other than black G10 and VG10. Im sure there are probably good reasons why they do that we just aren't aware of though.
My guess is because g10/vg10 has broad appeal, as it keeps costs lower than higher end steels, people can sharpen it easily, its stainless, etc.

A lot of folks don't like sharpening stuff like S110V. A lot of people prefer stainless to carbon steels. Picking something like 51200 or Maxamet for an initial run of a knife could put a large portion of the customer base off the model.

I know the K390 in the Police 4 kept me from buying one initially, because having it in my pocket this time of year is causing rust to build up on the blade. So I'm really looking forward to a VG10 P4 with liners that are less exposed to corrosive elements.

I'm glad I ended up buying the K390 Police but it sucks having a $200 pocket knife that is only practical to carry half the year due to my hot climate.
Vivi,

I’ve been following your k390 feedback with great interest! Thanks for the feedback about needing to buy the base model in order to encourage sprints! I wouldn’t have thought about that! And thanks for the recent feedback on the rust tendency for k390 on the P4. I live in East TN, so I would be afraid I would be in the same boat about any k390 rusting. What part of the US of A are you in? And if I remember correctly you said it was mostly occurring nearest the pivot? So even a light coating of mineral oil isn’t enough?

Thanks for your wisdom and activity on the forum!

Hamilton
Marulaghost

Post by Marulaghost »

That urban is catching my eye. Plus I'm a big fan of how they're expanding into the kitchen!
bgambini

Post by bgambini »

Great stuff in the new Reveal program, and all worthy of enthusiastic applause, but I still scratch my head as to why Spyderco would announce the second installment of this year's new products before items from the first installment of the Reveal have even come to market. Fair criticism? Or am I being impatient about not being about to get those knives that have caught my attention?
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

bgambini wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:21 am
Great stuff in the new Reveal program, and all worthy of enthusiastic applause, but I still scratch my head as to why Spyderco would announce the second installment of this year's new products before items from the first installment of the Reveal have even come to market. Fair criticism? Or am I being impatient about not being about to get those knives that have caught my attention?
Hi, bgambini:
Welcome to our forum. The only thing that hasn't started shipping yet from Reveal: Volume One is the Gauntlet sharpener which has been delayed a bit due to packaging. We have them, but the packaging is an important part, and there was an unforeseeable delay. It shouldn't be too much longer.

The Reveal program is new and although our goal is to have everything from one Reveal released before the next is shared we expect there will be a few growing pains in this first year.

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We hope you enjoy your time with us!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
jimmd

Post by jimmd »

I hope the Sage 5 LW does well, as I love that platform. Owning a Sage 5 already, I'm not sure it holds interest for me personally, but I'm curious about a couple of things. The specs list the Sage 5 LW's weight as 2.7 oz. Although the Sage 5 is listed at 3.1 oz, mine weighs 2.95 oz. I'll be interested to see the actual weight when the LW is released. 2.7 oz may not be that much difference in weight.

If the LW is successful, it's likely to be due to the price. A more affordable Sage 5 should be very compelling. Just like the Chaparral FRN came in much less expensive than the previous models and allowed more people to own a Chaparral and maybe a "gateway" Spyderco, I hope the Sage 5 LW's price is similarly less. Does anyone have an insight as to the actual price?
Jim
SG89

Post by SG89 »

It says TBD on the price guide
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
jimmd

Post by jimmd »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:25 am
It says TBD on the price guide
Yep, saw that. Was wondering if anyone has insight as to what the actual price will be. Thanks.
Jim
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

Endela is clear on my buy list,and i hope there will be colors soon.Sadly,it looks like the Bow River will not be out this year...
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
BornIn1500

Post by BornIn1500 »

spyderwolf wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 3:15 am
Sadly,it looks like the Bow River will not be out this year...
After hearing Eric himself say it would be out by May, it would be nice to get some kind of update or explanation. Is it being pushed back 1 month? 2 months? Next year?
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

BornIn1500 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:25 am
spyderwolf wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 3:15 am
Sadly,it looks like the Bow River will not be out this year...
After hearing Eric himself say it would be out by May, it would be nice to get some kind of update or explanation. Is it being pushed back 1 month? 2 months? Next year?
Cancelled...?
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
alfredoperez

Post by alfredoperez »

Can't wait to have one of those in my hand.. Prices seems reasonable for this
Knives my passion, Spyderco my brand, https://www.cuchilleriabarcelona.com my life
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

TazKristi wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:46 pm
bgambini wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:21 am
Hi, bgambini:
Welcome to our forum. The only thing that hasn't started shipping yet from Reveal: Volume One is the Gauntlet sharpener which has been delayed a bit due to packaging. We have them, but the packaging is an important part, and there was an unforeseeable delay. It shouldn't be too much longer.

The Reveal program is new and although our goal is to have everything from one Reveal released before the next is shared we expect there will be a few growing pains in this first year.

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We hope you enjoy your time with us!

Kristi

Hey Kristi! Any new updates on the Gauntlet?

Thanks, Rich
Think for yourself