Raven 2

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
krsmitty

Raven 2

Post by krsmitty »

Arrived today. Really liking it. Like the "byrd" hole, nice G10 handle. My only complaint is a discoloration all along the edge of both sides of the blade. Caused by the heat while sharpening?
Any type of warranty for the Byrd line of knives?
Donut

Re: Raven 2

Post by Donut »

Could you take a photo of the discoloration? I've never seen discoloration near the edge. You usually get some discoloration on the inside of the hole when a plasma cutter is used.

Byrd knives do have warranty. I have sent in a Byrd knife when I didn't think it was operating correctly. It was returned with a note that it was within tolerances.

When I look at the warranty page, there is no mention of Byrd, but Byrd is part of Spyderco, so I wonder if they do carry the same type of warranty. It seems a little gray on that.

https://www.spyderco.com/service-suppor ... ty-repair/

I don't remember if I've ever gotten a sheet of warranty information with my Byrd knives. I could probably look around for that.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Krsmitty,

The discoloration may be polished off, or will probably disappear with sharpening. You can call customer service for more info.

sal
krsmitty

Post by krsmitty »

sal wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:05 pm
Hi Krsmitty,

The discoloration may be polished off, or will probably disappear with sharpening. You can call customer service for more info.

sal
The discoloration went up the blade at least a 1/4" the whole length of the blade on both sides. Even though the price was on the lower end of Spyderco's, I still expected something of a little better quality...After some thought I decided to return it. Why I like to buy my knives from Walmart whenever I can. Easy returns.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Well, good luck with your next purchase.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!