Mulling over the Mule

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.

If the Mule line could resurrected, in whichever form it takes, would you buy one?

Yes!
67%
No!
8%
Undecided
25%

Total votes: 52

Albatross

Re: Mulling over the Mule

Post by Albatross »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 10:17 am
And this leads to my next question on this very topic: IF Spyderco were to decide to start up the Mule program again, when it comes to the fixed blades, would you want them to use the same basic blade shape/pattern as before, or, would you want to see them experiment with other shapes? For example, would you want to see a wharncliffe or sheepsfoot Mule, or, the basic leaf shape pattern?
I like the idea of a mixed blade wharncliffe. For testing and utility, that's the most practical all around. Additionally, there's been interest in that particular blade shape, as we've seen in the Delica and Endura.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Albatross wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 1:38 pm
SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 10:17 am
And this leads to my next question on this very topic: IF Spyderco were to decide to start up the Mule program again, when it comes to the fixed blades, would you want them to use the same basic blade shape/pattern as before, or, would you want to see them experiment with other shapes? For example, would you want to see a wharncliffe or sheepsfoot Mule, or, the basic leaf shape pattern?
I like the idea of a mixed blade wharncliffe. For testing and utility, that's the most practical all around. Additionally, there's been interest in that particular blade shape, as we've seen in the Delica and Endura.
I would be for this design, as well.
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

Too many variables to answer yes. I could be interested in a locking folder if it was not a back lock and the scales were removable/exchangeable. Similar to TRM selling scales from the factory. Then it would depend on the steel. Doesn’t have to be stainless or exotic. Have to be a step up from VG 10.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

sorry! Double posted.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

I love the "kit" knife aspect of the mules and wouldn't have any interest in a folding version. A longer version would be fine with me if there "has" to be a change.

I'm growing more fond of the mules every day...maybe more than my para3's. Don't tell anyone though, people might think I'm crazy.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 10:18 am
spyderwolf wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 1:14 am
I'm definetely not interested in a folding mule.
Is that because the fixed blade version is just more useful for your chosen cutting chores, or, if you were to get a folder, you want a fully-finished folder with handle scales and everything else on it?
That would be the second reason.
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.
elmeringalo

Post by elmeringalo »

Hi, my answer is "yes" and it seems like a brilliant idea to make a "mule" club similar to the collector's club. I live in Spain and I would like to be able to group my shipments, in case of buying several models. I would also like to get some of the old Mules. Well, in my case the MT01. I have all the others. I am very happy with the continuity of the project. Thanks Sal and the crew !
No por mucho tempranar, amanece mas madrugo