Multiple edc

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
redhawk44357

Multiple edc

Post by redhawk44357 »

This may have been done if so send me the link. How many knives do you edc?
Sharp Guy

Re: Multiple edc

Post by Sharp Guy »

I usually have at least two on me....sometimes three...occasionally only one. It all depends I guess. ;)
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

At work just a traditional. Since January it has been a GEC Stockman. Outside of the office, usually a Spyderco and a traditional. Spydiechef mostly, as of late. If I'm going out downtown at night, I'll have a traditional and something maybe a bit more tactical, but it depends on what I'm wearing and where I'm going. Saturdays are usually for the big knives and Sundays are for the fancy traditional or modern traditional.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
Tims

Post by Tims »

Just the one
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Usually two. Today it was a Shaman and a Caplifter Clipitool. Also threw and LT Wright Large Pouter on my hip after work for yard work.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
vivi

Post by vivi »

1-2. Police 4 and usually a Leatherman Wave + as well.

Sometimes I leave the Wave in my backpack and just carry the Police. Sometimes I carry a fixed blade instead of the Police....but P4 + Wave is my most common setup.

There were times when I tried carrying two Spydercos at once, but the wave offers me a lot more utility than two single blade knives.
:unicorn
krsmitty

Post by krsmitty »

Two...One in my pocket and one on my key chain.
Catamount123

Post by Catamount123 »

Usually five.
I don't get people who only carry one knife :thinking ;)
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Typically, I keep only one knife on my person at a given time.. but I'm never too far away from more if I need them. I have multiple "car knives," a "pack knife" in my backpack for hiking, and a Leatherman Wave in my first aid kit, which I try to keep nearby enough at all times to be able to use if I had to. I also keep a knife in pretty much every room of my apartment and my desk at work, so if I'm ever without one for some reason, I have one readily available. Some people (hah, my entire family) have called me crazy for having so many knives, but I feel like I fit right in in this little corner of the internet..
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Usually one, sometimes two. On rare occasions, three, just to see how it would feel to carry three of them. I have found its good to pair a Spyderco Byrd with either a Pacific or Atlantic Salt, or, an Endura. I have also paired a Spyderco knife such as my Pacific Salt, with a Victorinox folder, or, an Opinel.

The upcoming Endela gives you the best of the Delica and Endura combined into one cutting tool.
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

Type of activity is the determining factor. The environment will factor greatly too.

Urban and suburban: 1
Woodland Wilderness: 2-3
Alpine Wilderness: 1
Coastal Wilderness: 2
marty_bill_

Post by marty_bill_ »

Always 2 sometimes 3. A Police 4 and a manix. Lately. A PM2 in 52100 never far away.
FK

Post by FK »

Three

Regards,
FK
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Here is a related question: When carrying multiple knives, specifically folders, do you find it alright to keep both or more in the same pocket, or, do you prefer to have a belt pouch for one and pocket for another, or, have them in different pockets? One reason I ask is because, unless clipped to the pocket, I could see over time the handle scales and other parts rubbing against each other and possibly causing slight damage to scales and things.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Usually two, a “small” pocket knife (no clip) and another “larger” clip knife. Examples:
Great Eastern Cutlery Pembroke and Ikuchi
Lil’ Lum and Lum Chinese folder
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

On my person, 2 if you count my multitool, and I think 4 if you count my sling bag that goes everywhere with me.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

Roadie on the keychain. Dragonfly in the watch pocket. Smock in the right front. Or a PM2, Spydiechef, Manix2 or similar right front pocket. If a Military it’s right rear pocket instead. Never 2 folders in the same pocket. If I’m carrying a Leatherman I only carry 1 knife.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder:
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

Two.
Always a stockman in my pocket, and something else clipped to it.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

For me, usually two, plus a Leatherman.

Lately, it's been either my Police 4 or Advocate, plus a mid-sized SAK.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

I've recently forced myself to carry more than one blade. I've always felt like it was too redundant to have more than one on my person, but now I have different knives for different situations.