Hunt for orange

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ATC729

Re: Hunt for orange

Post by ATC729 »

aquaman67 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:27 pm
I too love the orange. So much so that I dyed the Natural G 10 scales on my M4 ParaMilitary 2 orange.

Here’s my Manix 2, Delica, and Dragonfly

As for the orange PM3LW, who knows. Maybe next year. Maybe the year after that.

One thing you will learn as a Spyder collector is patience.

That orange Manix 2 was hinted about for years before it came out.

That's a good looking collection you have there! Yes, I'm not one for patience or having an item hinted at long before release. I'm also in to fountain pens and Retro 51 pens and those get announced and then they're out to buy.
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

@aquaman67 That orange natural g10 looks amazing!

The only orange handled knives I have are a Cutlery Shop Exclusive HAP40 Zome Endura 4 and a Byrd Rescue 2. The orange in the Endura can be difficult for me to capture sometimes...

T-1000

Post by T-1000 »

ImageGet a few salts and dye them orange!
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Getting all of the orange spydercos would be very expensive at this point. Some just don’t come up often on the used market.
The orange spyderhawk can still be found. It’s orange, big, curved, and serrated. Great yard knife. There is also the orange rock salt that can be found if you dig enough. But that’s a big fixed blade.
Cutlery shoppe for sure. And the hap40 sprints. A lot of these are harder to find. Good luck.let us know how the hunt goes.
ATC729

Post by ATC729 »

SF Native wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:57 am
Getting all of the orange spydercos would be very expensive at this point. Some just don’t come up often on the used market.
The orange spyderhawk can still be found. It’s orange, big, curved, and serrated. Great yard knife. There is also the orange rock salt that can be found if you dig enough. But that’s a big fixed blade.
Cutlery shoppe for sure. And the hap40 sprints. A lot of these are harder to find. Good luck.let us know how the hunt goes.
I would LOVE to be able to get ALL of the orange, but I'm thinking I'll settle for newer and upcoming. I've learned in my experience with pens that I can't collect them all, but I can collect a very narrow focused amount. I've even thought about just getting FRN orange too. Who knows, I'm sure it will evolve.
pantagana23

Post by pantagana23 »

What, no Pingo? let's fix that.

Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Doc Dan wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:30 am
I have an orange Dragonfly, actually 2 of them. I also have the orange Cutlery Shoppe Manix 2 LW that gets a lot of carry time.
I always knew: If I ever buy a DFly it has to be orange... now with a WHARNIE DFly on the horizon there is no doubt anymore that eventually I'll get one. Though it will be a LONG wait for an orange Wharnie I am afraid. Just hoping that the upcoming black one will sell well enough so they'll consider more handle colors...
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Orange wharnie will probably be a long wait., but who knows?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
ATC729

Post by ATC729 »

Okay enablers, what should be my next orange acquisition? Orange Endura and Spy-DK, OR the ZOME orange Endura?

ImageImage