The new REVEAL is out ! Hey Doc, our AEB-L Urban is coming !

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elena86

The new REVEAL is out ! Hey Doc, our AEB-L Urban is coming !

Post by elena86 »

Thank you Sal and rejoice you Urban lovers ! The most awaited brown AEB-L Urban was just revealed ! Can't wait !
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
p_atrick

Re: The new REVEAL is out ! Hey Doc, our AEB-L Urban is coming !

Post by p_atrick »

All of the pictures of the newest reveal are clickable, but they take you to the Culinary page. I'm surprised to see much of the stuff shown at Amsterdam to be in the latest reveal. So many good choices about to drop.
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

This is going to be a tough few months for me. If I pre-order all of the new ones I want out of this reveal, I'll go broke.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

I will buy:
Native Chief
Dragonfly 2 Wharny
Endela
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

New Dragonflys! :D

Not sure about the brown handles, but AEB-L is intriguing. Probably going to wait for sprints of the chief and frn p4.

To my fellow Shaman fans before you freak out remember that there is more than one exclusive in the works. The Cruwear and Micarta is still coming. Probably would have put the knife in the $300 range but I feel like this should have been Fluted CF and S90V.
Still S90V and contoured CF is pretty darn sweet, classy 🧐
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

elena86 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:32 am
Thank you Sal and rejoice you Urban lovers ! The most awaited brown AEB-L Urban was just revealed ! Can't wait !
I’m rejoicing. I think the Urban design is simply superb, and I welcome its use as a vehicle for introducing new and unusual steels.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

I’m ready for that Urban.
vivi

Post by vivi »

I've been really excited for this reveal, because I knew there was a really good chance something I'm planning to buy will be in it.

Very first page, Police 4 Lightweight and Native Chief! Perfect! Those two could close out the year for me and it's only May!

The waved Cara Cara was a nice surprise! I could see these selling pretty well. I gift Cara Caras frequently, and I think some of my friends would get a kick out of the wave. I'll pick a couple up, and maybe an AEB-L urban.
:unicorn
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I'm hoping the Urban is well received so we will see some AEB-L in some other models. Sounds like a great steel. I'm not really into non-locking folders though so I will be waiting for future models with AEB-L.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
semfi1345

Post by semfi1345 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:16 pm
To my fellow Shaman fans before you freak out remember that there is more than one exclusive in the works. The Cruwear and Micarta is still coming.
I came here to ask that exact question lol. Appreciate the info!
SPY-27 and CPM-Cruwear are peak performance...for me.
PStone

Post by PStone »

I’m in on the Shaman. Thank you!
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Posted this already in Kristis "Reveal" thread, but let me copy it also in this one, since I am really excited about the Chief.. ;)

"MAN!!! The Chief is really an amazing design and could probably challenge the Endura for me:

Just think about it: Practically SAME closed length (so length in the pocket), but still more blade, even a bit more edge despite having a very comfortable looking choil.. don´t know how they did that, for the Endura blade to handle ratio is already very good.

Not a lot heavier and presumably comparable slim in the pocket as the Endura... thought the Endela would be the first of the new designs I´d have to try, but now.. it´s the Chief, definitely!! ;)"
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
sal

Post by sal »

I've been carrying a CF S90V Shaman recently. Really nice piece. I really like S90V.

sal
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Lol, almost pre-ordered the Police 4. Then, I realized she was VG10. Nothin really against VG10, just gonna wait for the K390.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 2:07 pm
Lol, almost pre-ordered the Police 4. Then, I realized she was VG10. Nothin really against VG10, just gonna wait for the K390.

Yeah, I thought the initial release was going to be K390 as well. Maybe that bodes well for a future K390 run of a bunch of the Seki models, including the Police and Endela? I hope they throw a Jester in any K390 runs as well!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
PStone

Post by PStone »

sal wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 1:41 pm
I've been carrying a CF S90V Shaman recently. Really nice piece. I really like S90V.

sal
I hope that means this one will drop soon :D A must have for me, and I can’t hardly wait.

Today’s also my B-day and this reveal was an awesome surprise! Thanks again! :spyder:
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:42 pm
I'm hoping the Urban is well received so we will see some AEB-L in some other models. Sounds like a great steel. I'm not really into non-locking folders though so I will be waiting for future models with AEB-L.
I'm the other way around.

I hope the AEB-L Urban is a success and we see future Urbans in other blade steels.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

TomAiello wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 2:19 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:42 pm
I'm the other way around.

I hope the AEB-L Urban is a success and we see future Urbans in other blade steels.

Next : Desert Tan scales and SRS15 steel :eek:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
vivi

Post by vivi »

MacLaren wrote:
I'm excited for the vg10 version, it'll be nice having extra corrosion resistance during this summer.
:unicorn
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Vivi wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 2:49 pm
MacLaren wrote:
I'm excited for the vg10 version, it'll be nice having extra corrosion resistance during this summer.
Yeah, I like VG10, have had a Caly 3.5 for years.
As for kitchen knives, I freakin love VG10. The Tojiro knives are just flat out wonderful for what they cost. VG10 is excellent steel.
But, for a pocket knife, gimme that k390 :D