G10 UKPK officially makes a return! Heinnie Haynes Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Fred Sanford

Re: G10 UKPK officially makes a return! Heinnie Haynes Exclusive

Post by Fred Sanford »

Love mine. More refined than the original. Perfect folder, no lock necessary.

Thanks Sal/Eric for making this bad boy. -=thumbsup=-

"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Like the others noted, this knife has been given a cqi treatment. It's a great expression of the UKPK, I love mine! For one thing, I loved how easy it was to switch the clip for left-handed carry, this was a very tough on the first generation g10 UKPKs. Also, as an oldtimer, I love picking up a red-handled spyderco folder with a sharp edge coming out of it!
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 3-11-2024 Instagram
toocool006

Post by toocool006 »

Just got mine in yesterday - WOW WOW WOW.

I loved my S110V UKPK LW, but ultimately I felt like when I wanted a lightweight knife I'd be grabbing my Dfly 99% of the time, and for the blade size of the UKPK I would prefer something a bit more robust in hand. The linerless G10 I think straddles that sweet spot perfectly between robustness and weight saving. The full backspacer looks sweet, and the spring strength on this one is perfect for my taste - it's actually quite strong, though easy to open it takes a substantial bit of force to begin the closing process. And the color - don't even get me started. I am seriously in swoon city y'all.
~andrew
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I think 13 pages about this little knife is proof that this model shouldn’t disappear anytime soon.

Glad you’re loving the knife Andrew.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

No longer on the fence, awaiting arrival.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:27 pm
Can Sal or anyone else at Spyderco comment on whether there will be Collectors Club versions of these?

I truly hope so, and it’d be very odd if they didn’t run the CCs (like the SS Kopa). I have CC versions of the other UK knife forums’ offerings.

Thanks! Radioactive :)
Guess I had to answer my own question! There are indeed CC versions of this UKPK now shipping. Sort of wish I had known that before I bought two from HH. :rolleyes:
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Joey

Post by Joey »

Got mine in and I love it! I don’t have a lot of love for slip joints, but I really like the FRN UKPK. This one is far stiffer, but it also feels that much sturdier in hand. The ergos fit my hands so well on both....mmmmmhmmm
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

All of the talk about a possible UKPK as the next mule made me finally decide to get one of these and see what all of the fuss is about. I am still a little nervous about a non-locking folder, but hopefully this will convince me otherwise! I really want to like it so I can justify an AEB-L Urban!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Its non locking, but requires a bit of "umpf" to close the blade. As long as you use the index finger choil, no way will it close on you.

Very interested in your impressions after a couple days of use, as you've been on the fence about this knife for a while now!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
vivi

Post by vivi »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:09 pm
All of the talk about a possible UKPK as the next mule made me finally decide to get one of these and see what all of the fuss is about. I am still a little nervous about a non-locking folder, but hopefully this will convince me otherwise! I really want to like it so I can justify an AEB-L Urban!
I carried a UKPK back in the day when the original G10 run came out and I loved it. Never had any issues with the lack of a lock. Its a great model and if the design speaks to you, I'd check it out.
:unicorn
ihped1

Post by ihped1 »

Just got my second one in the mail. Just as nice as the first!
Attachments
Resizer_15569386723010.jpg
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Vivi wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:38 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
I carried a UKPK back in the day when the original G10 run came out and I loved it. Never had any issues with the lack of a lock. Its a great model and if the design speaks to you, I'd check it out.

Good to hear! I liked my G10 Caly sprint but decided in the end it was a little heavy and that I dont like the looks of laminated steels. So the lighter weight and S30V blade should hopefully be the ticket!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
vivi

Post by vivi »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:16 pm
Vivi wrote:
steelcity16 wrote:

Good to hear! I liked my G10 Caly sprint but decided in the end it was a little heavy and that I dont like the looks of laminated steels. So the lighter weight and S30V blade should hopefully be the ticket!
I felt the same way about the Caly 3, it weighed the same as a Pacific Salt if not a hair more. The UKPK in comparison is a feather, something like 1.8oz to 2oz I believe. I usually don't buy or carry slipjoints but I really liked my old UKPK.

I'm probably going to order one of these red ones when they get their next shipment, assuming the Police LW or Chief hasn't dropped by then.
:unicorn
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I must have got one of the last ones the other day. It now is on backorder with 4-6 weeks estimate!
UrbanMoose

Post by UrbanMoose »

Vivi wrote:
steelcity16 wrote:
I too carried a G10 UKPK back in the day and agree 100%
The design of the UKPK makes a lock redundant in almost all situations. It is imho a masterpiece of form following function.
The Urban is exactly the same but in a more discreet package ;)
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

What a successful run! Seems they are all sold out and according to their site they won’t be getting any more. I hope all those that wanted one got one and are enjoying it. I’m shocked at what a success it was. Glad people are seeing the light!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 2:13 pm
What a successful run! Seems they are all sold out and according to their site they won’t be getting any more. I hope all those that wanted one got one and are enjoying it. I’m shocked at what a success it was. Glad people are seeing the light!

I wonder if my order will get filled. It was in stock when I ordered last night. Hope they didn't oversell. i guess I'll find Monday if I get a shipping notification.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:

Where are you seeing that they won't be getting anymore?? It shows backorder and stock due in 14-21 days when I go to the page.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Posted on March 26, 2019
demoncase wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:57 am
Fyi this just went live on Heinnies.
So ... about a month and a couple of weeks to sell out. Don't know ... but suspect this is looked upon favorably by those involved on the investment side. I never knew that (some/many) knives sell as well as they do....

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

steelcity16 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 2:31 pm
Liquid Cobra wrote:

Where are you seeing that they won't be getting anymore?? It shows backorder and stock due in 14-21 days when I go to the page.

Weird. It said it right on their product page, I checked right before I posted. When I refresh the page now it says. 14-21 days like you said. So that’s great news, more are on the way!

@liquid_cobra