Favorite vendor

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cowboyfromhell

Favorite vendor

Post by Cowboyfromhell »

I recently got "bit" by the spyder and have quite the collection growing. I am curious to who everyone uses as their go-to vendor for their knives?
Tims

Re: Favorite vendor

Post by Tims »

I try DLT Trading first for any knife I buy. They’ve always been great, never had any dramas. If I can’t get it there I try Cutlery Shoppe, who I’ve also only ever had positive expreiences with.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Knifeworks, BladeHQ, knivesplus, cutleryshoppe, newgraham, Soonerstateknives, whitemountainknives, dlttrading
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:17 pm
Knifeworks, BladeHQ, knivesplus, cutleryshoppe, newgraham, Soonerstateknives, whitemountainknives, dlttrading
^^^^^^^^ plus Knife Center, Rivers Edge Cutlery, SMKW, and Amazon on knives I know arn't being cloned at any given time!

James
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

I have found GPKnives in the U.S. is most reliable and fastest to have new knives and should probably keep this quiet, for my own sake. Others could learn allot from them, looking at you Blade H.Q. and Knife Center. When GPKinves emails me something is available it is not sold out!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I've dealt with GP Knives out of Illinois and have had great luck dealing with them about 5 times or so. But the one dealer I've really loved to do business with and still like them better than anyone else I can recommend>> and I'm speaking of "NEW GRAHAM" knives in Pennsylvania. I've had nothing but pleasant dealings with them and the two times I had to speak to them to get stuff returned or to get an order corrected they are just great people. For that reason I just don't really look anywhere else. I've pretty much just used NEW GRAHAM and GP and no one else since 2004.

The two times I've special ordered anything from New Graham they were perfect and their staff is nothing short of excellent. Case Closed ;)
JonLeBlanc

Post by JonLeBlanc »

GPKnives and Knifeworks have very helpful staff, very personalized service.
My collection so far: 52100 Military (2); 52100 PM2 (2); 52100 Para3; Stretch2 V-Toku; KnifeWorks M4 PM2; BentoBox M390 PM2; BentoBox S90V Military; Police4 K390; S110V PM2; SS Delica AUS-6; Wayne Goddard Sprint VG-10
Wish list: Hundred Pacer; Sliverax; Mantra; 52100 PM2 SE; Kapara
tjsblade

Post by tjsblade »

Nationalknives if ordering online.
vivi

Post by vivi »

New Graham Knives. If they don't have what I want, I try Knifeworks. If they don't have it, I try Knifecenter. If they don't have it I'm waiting for one of them to carry it.

Had some bad experiences with other vendors I won't name, nothing but stellar service from these three.
:unicorn
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

DLT is the only place I deal with now. Usually ship the same day no matter what you order, and Jordan and the whole gang are world class. Customer service is bar none the best.
Josh
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

As a USAF veteran I'm eligible for, and very grateful for, the OpFocus discount program, so I buy direct from Spyderco.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Geez people, this poor man needs therapy, not links to online dealers where he can buy more of this very addicting drug. My next career may be a knife therapist/knifacide negotiator. Like when you are the edge and want to buy a knife that your wife might leave you over I talk you off the ledge. Save your life and save your marriage. There is an exception for the Para 3 but that is required under US Law. And if you feel guilty about the knives you already bought then you can send them to my foundation and we will plant a tree for each one we receive, 2 for any Para 3.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
SchizoidHorse9

Post by SchizoidHorse9 »

In definitive order:

DLT is absolutely first choice every time for me. They have world class customer service, the fastest shipping time I've ever seen, and a great rewards point system. They also get new product on the site wicked fast. DLT also gets really good exclusives across many brands, including Spyderco, Bark River Knives (arguably one of the most amazing brand selections I've ever seen) and Victorinox.

Cutlery Shoppe is basically identical in all the same ways (barring a reward system), they are outstanding, and local to me as well. They also like to throw a lot of little freebies into the box. They also tend to be actually slightly faster at getting new product on the site compared to DLT (though this does vary depending on the knife brand). They also get a lot of great orange colored exclusives.

GPKnives is really just fantastic as well in all the above categories and is also an equal. They have outstanding overall EVERYTHING. The biggest bonus point to them is they probably get new product up for sale faster than anybody.

National Knives, KnifeJoy, and The Knife Joker are all run by community guys, so if you want people who put more detail into the small things (I've routinely asked for inspections of pivot action) that's the way to go.

Also worth noting is Rivers Edge Cutlery, they are also very good.

I use BladeHQ a lot more than I would like, but they get amazing exclusives and have a massive selection.
Current Spydies:

Blurple S110v PM2, KW Green CTS-204p PM2, DLT Tan Satin 20cv PM2, DLT Red m390 PM2, BBS Blue Satin m390 PM2, DLT Red 20cv Manix2, BHQ Jade M4 Military, BHQ Jade M4 Yojimbo2, BHQ Jade M4 Native5, St. Nick's Red DLC 4v Lil Native Compression, Carbon Fiber s90v Shaman Sprint, LC200n Waterway, Blue-Gray V-Toku2 Endura Sprint, Purple Ladybug, Chaparral LW, Spydiechef, Ikuchi, Smock, Gayle Bradley 2, Sheepsfoot Caribbean PE, Dogtag Carbon Fiber, Red Check Tenacious, Cara Cara 2.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I use Knifeworks and Cutlery Shoppe.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
attila

Post by attila »

I prefer to buy direct from the Spyderco Factory Outlet since I get the Opfocus (veteran) discount.

Unfortunately, for exclusives I have to go through shops that charge MAP, but I deal with it when something special comes around.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Over the years I've done business with a number of reputable dealers, but New Graham Knives has been my "go to" dealer since 2003, Most of the Spydero knives I've purchased new have come from them.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
anycal

Post by anycal »

The one that has an elusive model in stock ;)

Other than that, never had a problem with any of the standard ones - DLT, BHQ, KW, and KC.
Peter
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

I used to order a lot from BladeHQ.. never had any actual problems to speak of.. but for some reason, from Utah to me, there seems to be some sort of shipping bermuda triangle involved that adds an extra day or two to receiving my packages. I now try to order from DLT Trading whenever possible.. the shipping is lightning fast and the rewards program has saved me a few bucks already.

Most recently, I ordered from Cutlery Shoppe and was very impressed. Fast shipping and my package arrived with some cool extras inside.. a keychain, sticker, and some lolipops! I will not hesitate to use Cutlery Shoppe in the future!
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
AshK

Post by AshK »

I'm a big fan of New Graham Knives. The service is always excellent, they've been great with returns/exchanges, and the shipping is fast. Most important for me, it's easy to get someone on the phone to discuss a purchase and when I do, they're super helpful.

I try order from them first. Then I'll try one of the others.

Actually just had a package arrive from them... I should be opening it right about now :)
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

River's Edge Cutlery

Indiana Knives