Vote: SMOCK v.s. IKUCHI

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Which one/s is/are the best? Pick up to 2 choices!

Smock
30%
Ikuchi
39%
Turtles
31%

Total votes: 97

youmakemehole

Re: Vote: SMOCK v.s. IKUCHI

Post by youmakemehole »

koenigsegg wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:26 pm
youmakemehole wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:06 am

theres always the option of running it clipless, come to think of it the form factor on the Ikuchi would probably be real nice like that actually.
Do you carry a compression lock knife loose in your pocket currently? Sounds scary to me, they seem to open up on me when I don't want them to
Mmm very occasionally for short periods of time, namely PM2/3's and my Rhino. Almost always it's to hide the fact that I'm carrying a knife; even though I have deep carry clips on all of them, sometimes you save yourself the potential of a lot of unnecessary headache if people don't see the clip at all. Never had problems with them opening, perhaps I'm just blessed with amazing luck? I feel like frame/liner/comp locks all have more or less the same level of blade retention.
"Sometimes I think that we're all little kids trying to act like grown ups, in our parents clothes. ;) "

-sal
jacala

Post by jacala »

The innovations on/of the Smock far outweigh the Ikuchi.
It's quite obvious to me !!
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

jacala wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:23 pm
The innovations on/of the Smock far outweigh the Ikuchi.
It's quite obvious to me !!
Not to me. I think both are very innovative and well executed. Different obviously. I hope to try out a Smock some day.

Until then…
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
jimmd

Post by jimmd »

For clarification, is that Turtles or turtles? I love both harmony-laden ‘60s guitar pop and reptiles. I’d like to know which I’d be voting for.
Last edited by jimmd on Wed May 01, 2019 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim
ATC729

Post by ATC729 »

I haven't held either of these knives, but I have held turtles before. I really like the aesthetics of the Ikuchi though.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

I’m not interested in the this vrs. that for most things unless objective standards or requirements are stated up front.

Never having handled or used a Smock but having an Ikuchi on my person every day since I got one, and noting the size and shape differences especially of the blades, I doubt that a Smock would replace the Ikuchi.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation