What's your 2 knife EDC system?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Tims

Re: What's your 2 knife EDC system?

Post by Tims »

I’ve never carried more than one knife on my person at a time and the laws being what they are in Oz, that feels naughty enough! I also take a minimalist approach to edc carry so it’s always interesting to see folks carrying 2+ knives.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

I've been paring a mule with a para3 variant for the past few months. It seems that if I carry a FB whatever folder I have with it goes unused.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Drewthebrave

Post by Drewthebrave »

I usually just carry one knife, but when I carry two it is usually my Kershaw Leek with my Tasman Salt. Between the 2, I can handle anything that might come up at home, work, or anywhere in between. If I'm hiking or camping I'll stow the Leek and instead carry a Morakniv Companion fixed blade with the Tasman.
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

The rare times when I carried two knives they were a ZT 0562CF or a Domino clipped in my jeans pocket; and a CRKT Pilar, Cold Steel Tuff Lite, or CS Mini Tuff Lite dropped into the coin pocket as the secondary blade. Now I rarely carry anything except for a Sage 2, and a SpydieChef is usually the only knife that pushes the Sage 2 out of my pocket.
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

On my person, always a medium stockman, and a locking clipped ~3” folder, usually with m4/k390/rex45/maxamet blade.

In the truck there’s usually 4.5 and 10” fixed blades, also a hatchet.
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

Two knives and a prybar/caplifter is my daily carry. The Smock has been and will continue to be my front pocket carry. The slipjoint rides in my back pocket and I change which one I carry all the time. The “Chunky Drunk” saves my knives from any risk of being used to pry something and cracks open a cold one after a job well done.
F0713A0B-F6FF-4B39-8C51-AFD30B3F7B1F.jpeg
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
anycal

Post by anycal »

When I first lost my mind and started hoarding :spyder: s, it was unrealistic to carry just one knife. I would always have two on me, one in pocket and the other one usually IWB. I had all these wonderful models, so how could I only EDC one?!

I like to think that I have matured little bit since those days. Now, the only time I carry two is when one of them is the Military; usually on a hike. In that case, it is the Military and one of my smaller <3" knives.

I have these pics in another thread, but WTH...

Peter
BDein14

Post by BDein14 »

At work I always have my PM2 in my front right pocket and is my primary knife. I carry a rat model 2 in my back pocket mostly because I often have to cut ceiling tiles and the height on my pm2 because of the spydie hole makes it more difficult and a short knife from edge to the top of the knife makes it easier
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

Usually a Spydie paired with a traditional slipjoint.

The models vary, but at the moment it's these:

If I'm out in the garden or doing yard work it'll usually be a tool steel and SE Salt Spydie pair.

If I'm out in the bush, I'll pair a fixed blade with whatever my main EDC Spydie is at the time.

Pairing a Spydie with the SAK Pioneer or Leatherman Skeletool also presents a very versatile and capable lightweight tool set.

When travelling overseas, a Dragonfly and a Leatherman Micra (where permitted) is a superb little pairing.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

My 2020 2 knife EDC is going to be a G10 Native in DLC Cruwear and a Glow in the Dark Jester Salt in TiCN H1 SE. Now I just need Spyderco to make this happen!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Pickmansmodel82

Post by Pickmansmodel82 »

Normally I will keep two knives on my person, so that if I need to cut something on “the down low” I can keep from frightening the “non knife people” around me. My carry usually is a native G10 S110, and either a man bug in vtoku (which I’ve sung the praises of on the forum) or a GEC pemberton warnie. The small is for use around non knife folks. Amusingly last thanksgiving at the office a supervisor approached me. He asked if I carried a knife to cut with, since the catered party forgot to put a carving knife in the included silverware. I handed him my manbug. He gave me a slightly incredulous look and said “If anyone cares you have a real knife they’d ask me about it.” I grinned, and handed him my native. He shook my hand and said he’d give it back with a fresh coat of food safe oil when he was done.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Here are the knives I carry. Usually just one, sometimes I'll have a second.

Main knife:
Caribbean(usually)
Mantra 1(occasionally)

Secondary knife:
Street Beat
Jester SE
Swick
Kiwi
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
youmakemehole

Post by youmakemehole »

I guess you can say I have a 2 knife system in my car. I have a fully serrated P3 in black and S30V which has a deep carry clip and emerson wave tucked in the center console, reserved for chance situations where something more robust/substantial is needed as well as just being an emergency backup edc. The other is a Sage 2 reprofiled at 15dps with blue anodized hardware and no pocket clip I keep laying around in a cupholder or side pocket which is ready for immediate action, I keep it clean and lightly lubed as possible to be able to use it for food related tasks as well. The well balanced geometry, ergos, materials, and steel of the Sage 2 combined with its reliable simplicity make it ideal as a regularly used folder that gets a wide variety of tasks thrown at it each day.

Also just thought I'd mention, the Sage 2 feels absolutely lovely when the pocket clip is gone - I highly encourage anybody who's got one to give it a try.
"Sometimes I think that we're all little kids trying to act like grown ups, in our parents clothes. ;) "

-sal
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

I don’t really have a system but usually my Great Eastern Cutlery Pemberton with a Spyderco. The Chaparral FRN is pictured here, but lately it’s been my Ikuchi.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
marty_bill_

Post by marty_bill_ »

PM 2 in 52100
Manix 2 in Maxamet
awa54

Post by awa54 »

My two-knife EDC system is simple: select the Spyderco I feel like carrying today, clip it in my RFP and walk out the door... one knife does just fine ;)

It should be noted that ThePeacent is in a twelve step knife program :D
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

awa54 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:17 pm

12 knives you say? :p

bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

My favorite combo is a Military with either a Native5 or a Delica.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

ThePeacent wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:27 pm
awa54 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:17 pm

12 knives you say? :p

I've always admired how ThePeacent carries so many knives/multitools. I've only recently started carrying more than one knife and, at least for now, it's worth it.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

once you start realizing specific knives are best for specific tasks (and you are slightly obsessive), it's hard not to carry multiple knives on you. i sometimes have three on me (not including any in a backpack) and i just have to shake my head at myself. i still find a way to justify it though. :)
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C