Spyderco Community

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
loamy47

Spyderco Community

Post by loamy47 »

I just want to say how blown away I am with this community and how kind and civil you all are. I just happened upon this forum today after shopping around for my first nice knife and wanted some input on which steel to get a Dragonfly 2 in (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83582) . Not only was I blown away with all the helpful comments I got, some of which even put ideas into my head I hadn't considered before, but browsing in different topics other than mine also shocked me with how pleasant and helpful you all are.

Here's to many years to come with both this brand and this forum!
The Meat man

Re: Spyderco Community

Post by The Meat man »

Welcome to the forum loamy47!

We are all teachers and students here. I will be looking forward to your contribution to this great community. :)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Hello!

It’s a great place, and the Boss sets a good example.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Welcome! Great place to hang out and learn things.

I was interested in a good Spyderco folder for use in the field and found many good, sound suggestions for the :spyder: I needed. I also got great recommendations on a wedding gift for a good friend.

Enjoy!!! :)
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Welcome! Yes, this is a most unusual internet community. You will feel at home here.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

What they said! :D
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Loamy47,

Welcome! Spyderco Forums is quite the place. It is better than all of the other knife/prepper forums that I belong to. :D

There are a few among us that are very knowledgeable in the various steels, edge technologies such as how to properly put an edge on a knife, and maintain it. If you are in to various knife steels, you are in the right place.

There may be forums with more users, but I find day-in day-out you will be dealing with some very very uncivil people, and I do not miss those forums.
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
James Y

Post by James Y »

Hi, loamy47! Welcome, and enjoy the forum and your knife(s)!

Jim
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

loamy47 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:25 pm
I just want to say how blown away I am with this community and how kind and civil you all are. I just happened upon this forum today after shopping around for my first nice knife and wanted some input on which steel to get a Dragonfly 2 in (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83582) . Not only was I blown away with all the helpful comments I got, some of which even put ideas into my head I hadn't considered before, but browsing in different topics other than mine also shocked me with how pleasant and helpful you all are.

Here's to many years to come with both this brand and this forum!
Welcome sir...enjoy your stay!

James
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

The Meat man wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:36 am
Welcome to the forum loamy47!

We are all teachers and students here. I will be looking forward to your contribution to this great community. :)
Welcome and agree with Connor’s statement! Enjoy your stay!
Chris :spyder:
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Bunch of knife wielding maniacs if you ask me.
Good to have em on your side :)