What's your 2 knife EDC system?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SaltSerious

What's your 2 knife EDC system?

Post by SaltSerious »

Since I just recently picked up one of the last, to my knowledge, Sprint Run Spyderhawks, I have been paring it with my sheepsfoot PE Caribbean. For me this fulfills all my EDC tasks and then some. Granted there both on the larger side but fortunately I can pull that off where I live. Wanted to see what 2 knife EDC system everyone else is rocking.
The Meat man

Re: What's your 2 knife EDC system?

Post by The Meat man »

Often, I will carry my Pacific Salt SE along with a plain edge folder such as the Native or Military. This past week we were on a trip, and I carried a Boye Cobalt Folder along with my Spyderco Advocate.

I've never owned a Spyderhawk, or any hawkbill, for that matter. Maybe I should get one.
Last edited by The Meat man on Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Para3 & squarehead or dragonfly.
missouried

Post by missouried »

A PM2 in the right pocket and something else of my other brands in the other pocket when I’m not carrying. When carrying it’ll be my PM2 in S35vn in the left pocket only.
SaltSerious

Post by SaltSerious »

The Meat man wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:00 pm
Often, I will carry my Pacific Salt SE along with a plain edge folder such as the Native or Military. This past week we were on a trip, and a carried a Boye Cobalt Folder along with my Spyderco Advocate.

I've never owned a Spyderhawk, or any hawkbill, for that matter. Maybe I should get one.
I as well carry the SE Pacific Salt on a regular basis. There's so much that knife can do. If you can find a Spyderhawk on the secondary market I would encourage you to pick one up. The angle of the blade is so conducive to much of a persons day to day cutting tasks. I have large paws so the Endura handled Spyderhawk is right for me. I could imagine that the Tasman Salt 2 would be a great knife also.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

My favorite combo is my para 3 and my ZT 0566cf. I generally do a smaller knife and a larger knife, one more precise and the other more brutish. It works for me!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

manix 2 lw in xhp or yojimbo 2 and se pacific salt. if i’m going to the beach, pe native salt with the pacific salt.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Either a Pacific SE or Endura wharnie in back pocket for emergency or serious cutting, and whatever the heck else in front. That’s when out and about. Work and home are different.
- best wishes, Jazz.
eRoc

Post by eRoc »

Grasshopper & para 3. Grasshopper for lite duty, public places/work, and letting people borrow/have. Para 3 for everything else.
BigKenbo

Post by BigKenbo »

Native 5 left front. Endura 4 in RF. Possibly others scattered around lol.
Native 5 S110V G10 and LW. S90V LW. Salt LC200N. Maxamet. S30V G10 and LW. Endura 4 ZDP-189. HAP40. VG10.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

SaltSerious wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:29 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Often, I will carry my Pacific Salt SE along with a plain edge folder such as the Native or Military. This past week we were on a trip, and a carried a Boye Cobalt Folder along with my Spyderco Advocate.

I as well carry the SE Pacific Salt on a regular basis. There's so much that knife can do. If you can find a Spyderhawk on the secondary market I would encourage you to pick one up. The angle of the blade is so conducive to much of a persons day to day cutting tasks. I have large paws so the Endura handled Spyderhawk is right for me. I could imagine that the Tasman Salt 2 would be a great knife also.

I really should. Now that I'm thinking about it, a hawkbill does sound like it would be a great complimentary blade shape for a lot of tasks I do during the day.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
SaltSerious

Post by SaltSerious »

The Meat man wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:21 pm
SaltSerious wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:29 pm
The Meat man wrote:

I really should. Now that I'm thinking about it, a hawkbill does sound like it would be a great complimentary blade shape for a lot of tasks I do during the day.
After reading the forums and doing my own research and after purchasing the Spyderco Sharpmaker sharpening system, sharpening serrations became a breeze. The hawkbill shaped knives seem so intimidating to someone who doesn't also have the sharpener made for such a blade shape. Compound the hawkbill shape with serrations and I can see why it doesn't appeal to the masses. Like with most anything though, the more you know the more your held accountable to. That's why I'm joining with those heralding the hawkbill and serration system.
SaltSerious

Post by SaltSerious »

Jazz wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:54 pm
Either a Pacific SE or Endura wharnie in back pocket for emergency or serious cutting, and whatever the heck else in front. That’s when out and about. Work and home are different.
Which begs the questions which ones for work and home?
SaltSerious

Post by SaltSerious »

ladybug93 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:48 pm
manix 2 lw in xhp or yojimbo 2 and se pacific salt. if i’m going to the beach, pe native salt with the pacific salt.
SE Pacific Salt makes so much sense on so many different levels.
embry386

Post by embry386 »

My favorite knife, the Rescue, clipped inside right sock for cutting zip ties, most food, and most other things that need cutting. Endura clipped inside waistband or in a zipped jacket pocket for anything that a plain edge or a pointy tip would be better for.

Does anyone else EDC a sheepsfoot?
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Don't have a 2 knife EDC system to be honest, unless you count the blade on my leatherman juice S2 which I carry in my work-/urban-/day to day life additional to usually a Stretch or Endura.

When bringing a fixed blade outdoors, I enjoy carrying my Chap FRN as a second blade lately... works surprisingly well for small wood- and bushcraft tasks (and for more serious ones I have the fixed blade anyway).
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

Constantly changing but the closest thing I have to a system might be a PM2 + SAK Huntsman. Lately it's more of the PM2 + Brad Zinker Dogtooth. As of four days ago the PM2 + Ikuchi.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

SaltSerious wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:24 pm
Which begs the questions which ones for work and home?

Sorry, work is Delica wharnie, Victorinox Standard Issue, older Leatherman Wave (better than the new), and whatever my daily carry is. Home is a Victorinox Evo 10 and one or two other Spydies. I have a lot, so it's just whatever my daily choice is.
- best wishes, Jazz.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Depends on what's going at at work for me. Lighter days, I'll carry my Dragonfly or Chaparral along with a larger folder. Sometimes I'll carry my Salt 2 SE or SE Endura with either of those smaller folders or switch it to a PM2 or Manix2. I like have an SE and PE.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

whenever possible, I try to combine a PE and a SE for main folders

oftentimes the PE is from another brand as all but two of my Spydercos are SE

other times I have enough PE in my SAK and Multitool, so I combine a straight SE (ie Pacific Salt) with a curved SE (Tasman or Spyderhawk)