Who else wants BHQ M4 Lightweights??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
steelcity16

Who else wants BHQ M4 Lightweights??

Post by steelcity16 »

Now that BHQ is nearing the end of the Golden models (though I think they should still do a Manix XL and Lil Native and now the Chief), I'm still holding out hope that they will add the lightweight models to their growing family of M4 exclusives. With the seemingly lowered requirements on quantities, and their loyal fanbase, I dont think they would have any trouble seeling these out as well. A Native LW, Manix LW, and Para 3 LW in M4 would be great. I think they could go with a shade of green FRN or even pure white and keep with the "natural" G10 theme. DLC with White FRN would look incredible and would surely sell. Not to mention any white FRN haters could just RIT dye the scales any color since it is a blank slate.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
bearfacedkiller

Re: Who else wants BHQ M4 Lightweights??

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I would be all over an M4 Native5LW.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Marulaghost

Post by Marulaghost »

I doubt m4 will make it into their seki city factory where most of their LW models are produced.
Luckily the are at least two new LW models coming from different factories!
Sage lw, para 3 lw....
UKPK!!!
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I'd buy them, and would love to see some more translucent FRCP... A Manix2 LW in M4 would sell very well.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

abbazaba wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:04 pm
I'd buy them, and would love to see some more translucent FRCP... A Manix2 LW in M4 would sell very well.
That's a knife I'm surprised you never see or hear anything about. I don't know if it's because people don't care for the transparency, BD1 steel or what. Doesn't that knife have a different grip pattern on the scales as well?
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
bearfacedkiller

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:06 pm
abbazaba wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:04 pm
That's a knife I'm surprised you never see or hear anything about. I don't know if it's because people don't care for the transparency, BD1 steel or what. Doesn't that knife have a different grip pattern on the scales as well?
I think the pinned construction hurts it's popularity. I have the S90V, Maxamet and XHP. Overall I prefer the LW version over the G10 version.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Marulaghost wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:01 pm

I doubt m4 will make it into their seki city factory where most of their LW models are produced.

I was referring more to the Golden, CO lightweights. The Native LW, Manix LW, and Para 3 LW. I'd love to see all three in BHQ's M4 family.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Marulaghost

Post by Marulaghost »

steelcity16 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:19 pm
Marulaghost wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:01 pm

I was referring more to the Golden, CO lightweights. The Native LW, Manix LW, and Para 3 LW. I'd love to see all three in BHQ's M4 family.
Ask these are valid models that could work for blade hq.
A ukpk would be super interesting too but that one could be contested as not worth the investment for them.
Albatross

Post by Albatross »

I hope BHQ doesn't do this. Someone else could, just not BHQ. If they do a natural FRN/FRCP, it would be hideous AND throw off their color scheme for the M4 line. Let someone else do it in a tolerable color, possibly something crazy even, like lime green, baby blue, or a wacky purple.

Of course, this is just my opinion and if BHQ does a run of LW knives in M4, I'll be happy for you guys.

I've said before that it would be better for BHQ to do a run of Cruwear, to appease that crowd, and cash in on the high demand for the steel.

I'd mostly love to see them do a line of Rex 45, since they have done tons of models with their current line. It would be awesome to own a Manix 2 LW, Native Chief, or PM2(since I missed that sprint) in Rex 45.
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

I'd be down for a UK penknife - in g10 or frn - slip it Sprint runs let me stay legal and enjoy some steels previously only available as a locking folder
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'd be in for BHQ to run the UKPK for sure. :)

I'd also go for the Native LW (I'm much more of a LW guy in the native, but maybe that's because I'm a Maxamet guy and I can't get a G-10 native in Maxamet yet).

And I'm pretty much in for any Manix 2 (LW or not) sprint. I do have M4 in the Manix 2, but no LW, so I'd like to give that a spin. :)
tjsblade

Post by tjsblade »

No thanks. I prefer the G10 versions.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I realize this is a little silly, but a Waterway in M4 and Jade G10 would be awesome IMHO. Just saying :)
BornIn1500

Post by BornIn1500 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:

That's a knife I'm surprised you never see or hear anything about.
Outside of this forum, the Manix LW is one of the most talked about Spyderco models.
bearfacedkiller

abbazaba wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:55 pm
I realize this is a little silly, but a Waterway in M4 and Jade G10 would be awesome IMHO. Just saying :)
Sounds great to me.
-Darby
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

BornIn1500 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:13 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:

Outside of this forum, the Manix LW is one of the most talked about Spyderco models.
I was talking about the translucent FRCP scales model specifically. I'd like to think LW model in general is very popular, I absolutely love mine...as well as my G10's haha.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:00 am
BornIn1500 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:13 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:

I was talking about the translucent FRCP scales model specifically. I'd like to think LW model in general is very popular, I absolutely love mine...as well as my G10's haha.

If BHQ was able to request a nice translucent FRCP "jade" color, I'm sure these Native LW, Manix LW, and Para 3 LW models with M4 (especially the DLC versions) would sell out just as fast, especially given the much lower price points of the LW models.

I'm willing to bet that they have already discussed this concept many times over at BHQ and these knives may all be in their exclusive queue already. Or maybe they were waiting for a thread like this to confirm that people are willing to buy into this concept. So please make your voice heard!

I'll buy all three of the LW models in DLC M4! Please make this happen!
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

Not me. I hate FRN and "lightweights".

Give me G10 every time. Better yet, what I want to see is Micarta, especially for the Shaman.

Hey, you asked.
NickShabazz

Post by NickShabazz »

abbazaba wrote:
In M4, we'd have to call it the Desertway.
Mourning the Slysz Bowie and loving the rest of Spyderco's gems. Check out my reviews at https://www.youtube.com/c/nickshabazz!
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

NickShabazz wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:22 am
abbazaba wrote:
In M4, we'd have to call it the Desertway.
:D :spyder: