G10 Delica/Endura in Super Gold

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Joey

Re: G10 Delica/Endura in Super Gold

Post by Joey »

I just ordered a couple, idk why people say it’s ended? Endura still up as well.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Joey wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:20 pm
I just ordered a couple, idk why people say it’s ended? Endura still up as well.
It's not uncommon for MD to put a time limit on a drop and then start another drop immediately after.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Joey

Post by Joey »

I see, it is my first time ordering from them. That’s good! I just wish they were a tad cheaper.
SpyderSeth

Post by SpyderSeth »

I recieved this weird response from Massdrop:
Thank you for reaching back out to us regarding the drop for the Super Gold Steel Watch.

Regrettably, I do not have the technical information regarding the amount of the Super Gold Steel Watches that we have sold. Although, this is a popular drop and there may have been a chance that the category leader opened up a new one and sent out a request to have more Knives manufactured.

I hope that this information was very useful. I do apologize for any inconveniences that this may have caused. If you have any other questions or concerns I would be happy to assist.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

They definitely re-opened the drop with more units available. 18 hours left on this round. They are listed as in stock and shipping within one business day of order. I've seen them do this before and just keep selling them until they're all gone.
fixall

Post by fixall »

SpyderSeth wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:12 pm
I recieved this weird response from Massdrop:
Thank you for reaching back out to us regarding the drop for the Super Gold Steel Watch.

Regrettably, I do not have the technical information regarding the amount of the Super Gold Steel Watches that we have sold. Although, this is a popular drop and there may have been a chance that the category leader opened up a new one and sent out a request to have more Knives manufactured.

I hope that this information was very useful. I do apologize for any inconveniences that this may have caused. If you have any other questions or concerns I would be happy to assist.
Trust me when I say that the regular Massdrop customer reps don't know jack. Refer to my post on the previous page. I received a similar response when I asked if they were going to have a second drop. I escalated it to a supervisor when I got the B.S. runaround response and then got tired of waiting and reached out to the friend who knows the buyer for Massdrop's knives.
SpyderSeth

Post by SpyderSeth »

fixall wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:08 pm
Trust me when I say that the regular Massdrop customer reps don't know jack. Refer to my post on the previous page. I received a similar response when I asked if they were going to have a second drop. I escalated it to a supervisor when I got the B.S. runaround response and then got tired of waiting and reached out to the friend who knows the buyer for Massdrop's knives.
I was put off by the customer service experience and had them cancel my orders. It was an impulse/FOMO purchase anyways.
fixall

Post by fixall »

SpyderSeth wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:15 pm
fixall wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:08 pm
I was put off by the customer service experience and had them cancel my orders. It was an impulse/FOMO purchase anyways.
Yea... I like how Massdrop is evolving with these exclusive and collaborations, but their customer service and communication needs to catch up. It's definitely a low point for them.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Joey wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:20 pm
Good!!! Hope it keeps going forever and the ebay profiteers take a bath on it!

If Massdrop is filling orders and shipping on Monday, seems to make good sense to keep selling till then ... at least.

CG
So many knives - so little funds!!!
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

It says 14 delicas left.
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

I just checked in on the Delica and saw the same and was going to report it here but you beat me to it.

Looks like Enduras are not going as quickly.

CG
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Tempted to buy another Delica and get it reground as thin as possible...
cycleguy

Post by cycleguy »

Does Massdrop ship in a box or envelope? Appears I should be receiving one soon as my cc has been charged and I received email confirmation for the order. I continued to watch these and they slowly trickled to zero. Figured they would disappear quickly once the college b-ball games were over but it actually took until the next morning.

CG
sn0wman72

Post by sn0wman72 »

Massdrop mainly ships in a box
weeping minora

Post by weeping minora »

Broke down after missing out on the initial drop (and hearing fixall's hype :cool:) and placed an order for a Delica. Haven't been able to score a sprint/exclusive Delica, so this will be fun. Anyone put any paces on theirs yet to give any performance feedback?
Make Knife Grinds Thin Again.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Hmmm... In the offer they said they'd ship by April 8th. Its the 9th and still no shipping notification. Anyone else ordered around the 6th that have received their shipping note?
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
archangel

Post by archangel »

Update: shipping note received. :)
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

sn0wman72 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:27 pm
My SG spydie came in a large padded envelope. Spyderco box inside wrapped in a bubble wrap.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

TomAiello wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:32 pm
sn0wman72 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:27 pm
My SG spydie came in a large padded envelope. Spyderco box inside wrapped in a bubble wrap.
I think mine did too. I'm pretty sure the only times I've received something in a box from MD was when I ordered knives that came with a pouch.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Shipping notice received... says it will be delivered by 05/01/19. I guess I can’t complain for free shipping though haha.