Weird spydeco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bdubs808

Re: Weird spydeco

Post by Bdubs808 »

Drunken. A nice $400 piece for a milestone birthday.
I think the design is a little weird.
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

glad you chose a knife and good choice but the list you provided are not weird spydercos they a close to being normal. the list you gave is also not extravagant as price goes either. so what you were asking for is a spyderco that is a little different than normal.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
kirill.sergueev

Post by kirill.sergueev »

rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:48 pm
glad you chose a knife and good choice but the list you provided are not weird spydercos they a close to being normal. the list you gave is also not extravagant as price goes either. so what you were asking for is a spyderco that is a little different than normal.
I think that Myrtle is markedly different than normal...Mamaba would be too good as well...but one knife at the time.
youmakemehole

Post by youmakemehole »

Be sure to check out the the exclusive Manix 2 in 4v and marbled CF for something truly special... Rare to see one of the more popular and robust Goldne models offered in one of the very best of their steels but also with crazy gorgeous marbled CF as well. 4v edge retention seems to only be bested by Spyderco's Maxamet, REX45, and S110v but unlike those steels it will be tougher than nails.
IMG_1145.JPG
https://youtu.be/XXl_Em-y0Qo
If you want something with a more utilitarian look, you can't beat the beastliness of the REX45 Military right now. One time mine started talking and told me he ate one of my Delicas for breakfast that morning. Both these knives are huge sleepers and should be able to be found under $250, probably even close to $200 with little effort. Their value and uniqueness are quite significant and I'd imagine them both to be superb safe queens but also users with nothing but monster performance capabilities.
IMG_1149.JPG
IMG_1148.JPG
"Sometimes I think that we're all little kids trying to act like grown ups, in our parents clothes. ;) "

-sal
kirill.sergueev

youmakemehole wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:20 pm
Be sure to check out the the exclusive Manix 2 in 4v and marbled CF for something truly special... Rare to see one of the more popular and robust Goldne models offered in one of the very best of their steels but also with crazy gorgeous marbled CF as well. 4v edge retention seems to only be bested by Spyderco's Maxamet, REX45, and S110v but unlike those steels it will be tougher than nails.
IMG_1145.JPG
https://youtu.be/XXl_Em-y0Qo
If you want something with a more utilitarian look, you can't beat the beastliness of the REX45 Military right now. One time mine started talking and told me he ate one of my Delicas for breakfast that morning. Both these knives are huge sleepers and should be able to be found under $250, probably even close to $200 with little effort. Their value and uniqueness are quite significant and I'd imagine them both to be superb safe queens but also users with nothing but monster performance capabilities.
IMG_1149.JPGIMG_1148.JPG
Those are not even remotely weird. Those just great!
youmakemehole

Post by youmakemehole »

kirill.sergueev wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:23 pm
not even remotely weird. Those just great!
Ahhhh.. I'm a failure :p . Maybe out of the ordinary was what I was going for? I guess if you want something really weird, and really lavish at teh same time, the CF Dodo is your one. I can only wish for one as they are extremely expensive, probably consistently one of the most expensive Spyderco's pound for pound... but not without good reason, the ergos are rumoured to be legendary and the unique S shaped edge provides unmatched versatility in many applications. I'd imagine it to be similar to my Meercat, which I already think has some of the best ergos, but with even deeper choils and finger grooves and an even more useful (subjective) and ergonomic blade. The CF version uses a S30V blade as opposed to the G10 versions which use VG10 and if I had the disposable cash I think it'd be well worth it. The two models sell for pretty similar prices most of the time anyways.
"Sometimes I think that we're all little kids trying to act like grown ups, in our parents clothes. ;) "

-sal
kirill.sergueev

Got this Myrtle and I am kind of confused. It has a serious lock stick. Does it go away with time or there is a trick to deal with it? I tried graphite to no avail. Detent is also quite strong, but it is something I can live with but the lock stick bothers me...
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Lock stick should go away. Maybe try sharpie or more graphite. Never had one that didn’t smooth out.