Spydiechef is not discontinued

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mehhhhhhhh

Re: Spydiechef discontinued

Post by mehhhhhhhh »

Got word back from knifeworks that they were mistaken, their distributor is just out of stock and the spydiechef is not discontinued.

My order from DLT also showed up today and i’m a happy camper. I was worried it might be too big for edc, but it feels just right, smaller than a Manix2 or pm2 in hand. There is a little lock stick that hopefully works itself out with time. I didn’t disassemble but peeking inside, there does seem to be a discoloration with a clean delineation that some folks are seeing. I’m interested to find out what it is, but in no way does it affect how happy I am with the knife.

Was debating between this and the techno 2 am glad I went larger.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

OP, may I suggest you amend the title of this thread so others don’t have a heart attack?
-Marc (pocketing a JD Smith sprint today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
mehhhhhhhh

Post by mehhhhhhhh »

wrdwrght wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:56 pm
OP, may I suggest you amend the title of this thread so others don’t have a heart attack?
Good call...
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Glad you got yours. I'd recommend breaking it in without adjusting or disassembling. It took mine a minute, but it is glassy smooth now and I haven't taken a wrench to it. Taichung build quality is gorgeous.
mehhhhhhhh wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:34 pm
Got word back from knifeworks that they were mistaken, their distributor is just out of stock and the spydiechef is not discontinued.

My order from DLT also showed up today and i’m a happy camper. I was worried it might be too big for edc, but it feels just right, smaller than a Manix2 or pm2 in hand. There is a little lock stick that hopefully works itself out with time. I didn’t disassemble but peeking inside, there does seem to be a discoloration with a clean delineation that some folks are seeing. I’m interested to find out what it is, but in no way does it affect how happy I am with the knife.

Was debating between this and the techno 2 am glad I went larger.
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Right! :D Nice correction guys.
wrdwrght wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:56 pm
neuronic

Re: Spydiechef is not discontinued

Post by neuronic »

While mine is on its way, I keep hearing this is discontinued now... :confused: