How for do you travel to work?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Well, today my boring ride was less boring. A Porsche 911 on fire.
The drivers were not hurt and were watching it burn
Attachments
porsche.jpg
porsche.jpg (39.52 KiB) Viewed 1298 times
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

My commute is 6-10 miles depending on the route I take. Usually the 10-mile route is faster. Some days I think it's a crap shoot on which way I take.
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

These Porsches are really red hot, aren't they.
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

I drive 31 miles, one way, to work.
I begin my trip around 5:00 A.M., so it's dark most of the way in; not much scenery to take in.

For a very small portion of the year (about 1 1/2 months), I get to see the sun come up, which is a great way to start the day. Brilliant oranges/reds/pinks.

And then I arrive at work, and report promptly to ****.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

I commute to Amsterdam daily either by car or by train. My day starts early at 04.00 o'clock. First scratch my face and take a shower then let the dogs out, make coffee, feed the dogs and at 5.15 I leave the house on my bicycle to the train station. Catch the 5.38 to Amsterdam via Schiphol Airport - this is where most others leave the train and I'll ride mostly alone on to Central station. Catch the 6.25 bus and I'll be at the Naval Station at 6.30
Now... the fun part of the day starts!

By car it's a tad easier. I only have to leave the house early enough to avoid the traffic congestion, so I'll leave at 5.45, fill her up and can start my work 40 minutes later.

Now, there you have it. I really am like an open book ...... :)
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
psimonl

Post by psimonl »

It's a very nice 30min. bicycle ride through parks with ponds, and little street where it smells toast and coffee. :)

Simon
"Everyday above the ground and vertical is a good day".
-Sir A. Hopkins in "The world's Fastest Indian"

"If it hurts, it means you're not dead..."
-Kayakist Marie-Pier Cote

The Spyderco Cookbook
Fisher of Men

Post by Fisher of Men »

I've been working at the same place for about 5 years now. I drive about 35 miles to work and 35 miles home. It takes about 45 minutes each way. I get to take the "turnpike" so it's a nice scenic drive. It's also good because it's not bumper to bumper traffic. It's nice and open. I can just turn on the cruise control and listen to the radio .

Fun :)
David
Colossians 3:1-17 - rules to live by.
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

I Work Less Than A Mile From My Work, Its Nice If I Have Had To Much To Drink I Can Just Walk Home After My Shift!!! Just Kidding! I Could Walk But I Drive That Less Than A Mile Every Day.#9
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

6 klicks, 7 minutes by car...cows, sheep, farmhouses all the way, snow on the mountains about 100 klicks away, three stop streets.... :)
Cycled it once, and a driver almost killed me, and I am not exactly a tiny target!! :D
mr.vu

Post by mr.vu »

The Deacon wrote:so my round trip commute was 180 miles (290 km) a day. Spent close to four hours a day on the road.
Deacon,

Wow, thats alot.

I drive 90 mi round trip. 2 hours a day. Drive through downtown Houston. Skyscrapers, Toyota Center, Minute Maid Park.

Vu
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha Ted,

Hmmmmmm...never really noticed, but I do drive to **** afterall. :(

God bless and regards to Sir Jur' when ya see him! ;)
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
dialex

Post by dialex »

Jurphaas wrote:I commute to Amsterdam daily either by car or by train. My day starts early at 04.00 o'clock. First scratch my face and take a shower then let the dogs out, make coffee, feed the dogs and at 5.15 I leave the house on my bicycle to the train station. Catch the 5.38 to Amsterdam via Schiphol Airport - this is where most others leave the train and I'll ride mostly alone on to Central station. Catch the 6.25 bus and I'll be at the Naval Station at 6.30
Now... the fun part of the day starts!

By car it's a tad easier. I only have to leave the house early enough to avoid the traffic congestion, so I'll leave at 5.45, fill her up and can start my work 40 minutes later.

Now, there you have it. I really am like an open book ...... :)
Hi Jur. I was always wondering... if your day starts at 04:00... when does it end? ;)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

I live about three miles from work, which is not so bad :p .

In fact, I gotta be there at 8:00....so I'd better get going soon! :rolleyes: During my work week, I only have enough time to check the forum, so I haven't posted much lately....
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

I have 80-100 miles one way to work. BUT, I stay up where I work. The hospital has a place that I can stay at whilst I am working, which is GREAT! So, I stay in Boston for the 3 days I work. I am graterful for that, otherwise there is NO WAY we could work where we do, as it would be way toooooo much!!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

I'm pretty lucky in that my travels are only 8 or so miles one way. I can bike it in twenty-odd minutes and it takes about fifteen by car.
ront

Post by ront »

I have a 60 mile round trip everyday.

Ron
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I drive 80 km to work and back each day so 160 km.

About 2 hours on the road daily ;)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
skcusloa

Post by skcusloa »

I drive 40 miles to work and 41 back in a 1989 Lincoln town car with 210K miles and no ac.

I see trees on the way.
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

I drive about 28 miles each way to work and back home. it takes me about 50-55 minutes each way, with nothing exciting to look at except other cars. but sometimes i have to travel -- tomorrow i have to go to atlantic city, need to be there at 8:30 and its about an hour and a half away.
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

About a mile and half. I'm lucky.
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-