Ultra Thin Blade Spyderco: What steel and what design would you want?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
VashHash

Re: Ultra Thin Blade Spyderco: What steel and what design would you want?

Post by VashHash »

I'd say a stretch in K390 since it's already used in Japan. Not sure if it's the same company that makes the police.
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

VashHash wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:54 pm
I'd say a stretch in K390 since it's already used in Japan. Not sure if it's the same company that makes the police.
That sounds pretty good!
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

C22 Michael Walker. Not too picky on steels (lots would work fine on this)
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

I’ve not found a little, compact scalpel and versatile knife to rival my beloved Gerber Pixie since the ocean took it because I was careless since.

I s’pose we can all dream but a similar knife like the Pixie with full tang, simple G10 scales and Vanax SC blade would be a dream come true for a simpleton like me.
Last edited by Bloke on Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Bloke wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:30 am
I’ve not found a little, compact scalpel and versatile knife to rival my beloved Gerber Pixie since the ocean took it because I was careless since.

I s’pose we can all dream but a similar knife to the Pixie with full tang, simple G10 scales and Vanax SC blade would be a dream come true for a simpleton like me.
I don't know how thick the pixie is but there was the Sprig, which is kind of close. I can't wait to try out Vanax SC
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:40 am
Bloke wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:30 am

I s’pose we can all dream but a similar knife to the Pixie with full tang, simple G10 scales and Vanax SC blade would be a dream come true for a simpleton like me.
I don't know how thick the pixie is but there was the Sprig, which is kind of close. I can't wait to try out Vanax SC
Hey Sum, the mighty Sprig is a special
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
BigKenbo

Post by BigKenbo »

I would personally love to see a super thin blade in ZDP-189. My endura is in my right pocket every single day. Even my other enduras rotate with my natives and salt lc200n in the left. Yeah i cant figure out why i carry 4 knives all the time either but if you got boots, pockets, and a belt, it seems natural...
Native 5 S110V G10 and LW. S90V LW. Salt LC200N. Maxamet. S30V G10 and LW. Endura 4 ZDP-189. HAP40. VG10.
BigKenbo

Post by BigKenbo »

I see the carrying 3 knives is perfectly normal...is 4 too much? Lol i mean one in the boot one on the belt and one in both front pockets seems right to me...i may have a problem, but i havent discerned it yet!
Native 5 S110V G10 and LW. S90V LW. Salt LC200N. Maxamet. S30V G10 and LW. Endura 4 ZDP-189. HAP40. VG10.