Hopes / guesses for the next "reveal"?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wartstein

Re: Hopes / guesses for the next "reveal"?

Post by Wartstein »

soulspy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:27 am
Your english is great. That last sentence is pretty complex. Most Americans wouldn't put something like that together, but you did and it works. It could be broken into two sentences to relieve some of the length.
Soulspy, thank you for your response! So the last sentence in my initial post actually is proper english? Really did not think so, must be quite a lucky shot... ;)
Some facets of the English language are still hard for me... Especially: When is it "(to) do something" vs "doing something". Example: "Spyderco releases a knife" vs "Spyderco is releasing a knife". Since I almost never actually TALK to someone in English, I usually get no feedback or correction, and thus repeat mistakes on and on... well, that´s undoubtedly off topic again... ;)
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Wartstein wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:05 am
abbazaba wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:37 am

Caly 3.5 LW is one of my most anticipated knives right now.
Same here! Can´t remember if Sal mentioned, he was just contemplating a Caly LW or if it is already in the works... do you?!
He mentioned that it's on the drawing board. I don't think he's mentioned carrying a prototype like he has for the Endela, Police FRN...
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

abbazaba wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:22 am
Wartstein wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:05 am
abbazaba wrote:

Caly 3.5 LW is one of my most anticipated knives right now.
Same here! Can´t remember if Sal mentioned, he was just contemplating a Caly LW or if it is already in the works... do you?!
He mentioned that it's on the drawing board. I don't think he's mentioned carrying a prototype like he has for the Endela, Police FRN...
'Thanks! Somehow that´s bad news, but then: A few weeks ago I never even imagined that a Caly lw could ever happen altogether. So: Let´s call it GOOD news still... :)
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
gibs0n

Post by gibs0n »

Caly 3.5 lightweight
Lil native slipjoint black dlc serrated (okay, so everything after slipjoint is obviously reaching for the stars)
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:08 am
Cruwear/Micarta Shaman would be super.
+1
prog_knife

Post by prog_knife »

Promo material for the Murray Carter series chef knives is popping up already, so I believe they will be in the next reveal. Otherwise, no idea!
-Evan
ol_lukey

Post by ol_lukey »

micarta scaled anything.. especially with M4 or a nice non-stainless steel. i love stained dirty micarta and a nice patina on a blade.

right now I carry a delica to work and an endura on the weekends.. I'm hoping the endela will take the place of both of them

I'm also pretty hyped on the para3 LW.. I just really really wish the blade was thinner
Flipping Addict

Post by Flipping Addict »

UntiI get my Payson I can’t even think about the next reveal.
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Tanto PM 2
hambone56rx

Post by hambone56rx »

abbazaba wrote:
K390 anything, please!
Would love to Experiment with this! And I'm with David, the Micarta Shaman. I really enjoy my 1 Cruwear Spydie, but would also really dig the Micarta Shaman in K390! For the cost, I don't think I can turn down a Police FRN in K390.

Still looking forward to the actual release of the Parata and Ikuchi as well.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

LC200N Chap LW Salt
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Also hoping that Sal and team drop a Cruwear Native Lightweight bomb on us!! Sal mentioned they were considering this last year. Really hope to see this one this year. Definitely in my top 5 grail list!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

This is a long shot...the next in line of the Ikuchi series :D
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

ol_lukey wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:06 pm
micarta scaled anything.. especially with M4 or a nice non-stainless steel. i love stained dirty micarta and a nice patina on a blade.

right now I carry a delica to work and an endura on the weekends.. I'm hoping the endela will take the place of both of them

I'm also pretty hyped on the para3 LW.. I just really really wish the blade was thinner
"... stained dirty Micarta" - exactly! That's how I like Micarta too, and even more if it is pretty rough Micarta, so not too smooth...

Endela: I am also with you on this one: The blade of my Delica is too short for my preferences, the Endura sometimes a bit long in the pocket. So maybe the Endela will just be the sweet spot...

Para 3 LW: Yes, a thinner blade would be cool. But a recent comment by David / Evil D made me think: Maybe in comp lock and liner lock knives the blade has to be a bit thicker (at least at the side facing the handle) to offer enough lock face?!
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

All black Native Salt.
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

Catamount123 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:08 am
Cruwear Shaman Sprint

Caly 3.5 HAP40/Green G10 Sprint

Caly 3.5 Lightweight

Police 4 Lightweight

Pacific Salt (2?) LC200N FFG

Tasman Salt 2 LC200N FFG
or none of this big knives. i am ready for more normal sized knives in good steels, longer sprints, much longer sprints.
love to see sprint lil natives
love to see many more sage 5 in sprints
love to see native 5 in different/ better locks types
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

tonijedi wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:10 am
All black Native Salt.

I was going to say this as well, but I fear it is a ways away considering how long it took to get yellow Native Salt released after it was announced. This is very high up on my want list though! As well as a blacked out Dragonfly Salt!
Marulaghost

Post by Marulaghost »

Guesses:
Endela,
Police 4 LW,
Shaman Cruwear,
K390 sprint run (Seki and/or Golden)

Hopes:
Lil native LW,
Lil native slipjoint,
More V Toku2
More LC200N
Marulaghost

Post by Marulaghost »

I'd assume the PM2 Tanto is still early in its development cycle, i think that one will need more R&D time before its production reveal
anycal

Post by anycal »

My hopes,

- Caly 3.5
- Shaman

I handled these two in their current production flavor, like them, so I know I am in for a new version of either... or both.
Peter