My humble apologies

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Crux

My humble apologies

Post by Crux »

To all my fellow knife enthusiasts, I want to apologize for posts that I've made where I thought it to be just a good-natured ribbing, but instead it was hurtful and for that I am sorry. As a seasoned citizen sometimes the lines between funny and insulting or ribbing and hurtful are sometimes as blurry as the newspaper text is without my reading glasses.

At no time did I mean any harm or insult anyone here and I am deeply sorry for any missteps in my recent posts. I think it's a wakeup call that maybe I have become too focused and fanatical on knives and since I have more that I could ever sell that maybe it's time to just stop and drop out. Some here have strongly suggested as much. I have to respect that.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
MichaelScott

Re: My humble apologies

Post by MichaelScott »

Apology accepted. Given that, why don’t you stay around and contribute to the discussions? That would be good.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Hey Greg, I’m not too sure what you’re apologising over but I’m sure it can’t be anything too bad.

It’s easy to transgress without intent particularly if you’re happy go lucky, like a laugh and don’t take life too seriously. I think it’s very easy to misinterpreted the written word because how do you express your true emotions at the time? I’m sure my attempts at humour are likely more tolerated than appreciated but that’s how it is and no matter how decent a person you may be there’ll always be people who won’t like you so why worry?

Anyhow, I for one find you and your PM3 love quite amusing and often wonder what you see in the little door stop blade but that’s just me. I’d say if you feel you’ve offended someone without intent of coarse, send them a PM and apologise. Hopefully they’ll except and ... happy days. If they don’t except and you genuinely are sorry ... happy days again. What more can you do?

We’re all different with a common interest and we don’t need to swap saliva in the shower in order to get along. So I reckon you should hang around and there’s bound to be a new Sprint Run PM3 not to far down the track. ;) :)
Last edited by Bloke on Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Crux wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:07 pm
To all my fellow knife enthusiasts, I want to apologize for posts that I've made where I thought it to be just a good-natured ribbing, but instead it was hurtful and for that I am sorry. As a seasoned citizen sometimes the lines between funny and insulting or ribbing and hurtful are sometimes as blurry as the newspaper text is without my reading glasses.

At no time did I mean any harm or insult anyone here and I am deeply sorry for any missteps in my recent posts. I think it's a wakeup call that maybe I have become too focused and fanatical on knives and since I have more that I could ever sell that maybe it's time to just stop and drop out. Some here have strongly suggested as much. I have to respect that.

I realize this is Spyderco's forum and the knowledge that can be found within is awesome. But there's too many "over the top" threads or passive aggressive responses that dampen the original intent. JMHO! Opinions are like $$&%=÷×+ ....you know how it goes :D

In my younger days I felt it necessary to enlighten everyone who I "felt" was wrong or misaligned! I also got aggressive when people didn’t agree with my point of view or reasoning. ..how immature I was!

Point is....as I read the crazy, nonsensical, weird, off center, loopie, different ...I take a breath and move on realizing what makes this forum great is "THE SUM OF ITS PARTS"! This corner of the Web has kindness, humility, generosity, knowledge, understanding, craziness, bizarre, and humor all wrapped up in one special place!! :)

Please realize that there are many different personalities and opinions ...and ALOT OF GUYS JUST LIKE YOU.

Stick around with a new perspective and enjoy yourself!

James
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Crux, I have had members so mad that I disagreed with them over their pet knives or theories that they insulted me in PMs and put me on their ignore list. Just be honest and polite and courteous and you will be fine here.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Bloke wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:07 am
I’m sure my attempts at humour are likely more tolerated...
Hey, Bloke! There you go again trying to shove that “u” down our American throats. :mad:

Oh, wait... I’m also Canadian. Never mind. :p
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

wrdwrght wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:05 pm
Bloke wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:07 am
I’m sure my attempts at humour are likely more tolerated...
Hey, Bloke! There you go again trying to shove that “u” down our American throats. :mad:

Oh, wait... I’m also Canadian. Never mind. :p
Ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha, ah, hahaha!

You had me spell checking “humour”. :)

Anyhow, I like the way you highlighted the letter U ... nice colour! ;)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I don't know what the apology is for either, but I agree that you should stick around. I've enjoyed reading many of your posts, and can't remember one I found offensive.
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

cabfrank wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:19 pm
I don't know what the apology is for either, but I agree that you should stick around. I've enjoyed reading many of your posts, and can't remember one I found offensive.
^^ This.

===================================================================================
As well, I haven't come across any outright 'offenses' RE: reading your posts / threads; maybe I missed them.

I agree that you should rethink dropping off the forums -- I don't think that you're a bad guy and I don't think you would go out of your way to spread ill- will maliciously.
Just the fact that you've gone out of your way to apologize for any perceived offenses taken in your regard speaks well of you, and I also appreciate your positive contributions.

My $0.02.

SB / BRUCE
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

duplicate post
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

Hi crux, if i didn't miss something, you have been nothing more than passionate about your hobby, and you seem like a Great guy.
Lets not take This "shiny footprints" too far..
If there is no malicious intent, there have to be room for discussion and humor.
I really hope you wont leave us m8.
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
James Dean
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

SkullBouncer wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:21 pm
cabfrank wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:19 pm
^^ This.

===================================================================================
As well, I haven't come across any outright 'offenses' RE: reading your posts / threads; maybe I missed them.

I agree that you should rethink dropping off the forums -- I don't think that you're a bad guy and I don't think you would go out of your way to spread ill- will maliciously.
Just the fact that you've gone out of your way to apologize for any perceived offenses taken in your regard speaks well of you, and I also appreciate your positive contributions.

My $0.02.

SB / BRUCE
^^^Same here. :cool: :spyder:
Chris :spyder:
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I don't know what you are apologizing for but I think you should stay. Also I like your avatar
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
James Y

Post by James Y »

I'm also not sure what the apology is for, but as already mentioned by others, if you're willing to give an apology, all is well. No reason to leave.

Jim
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I'm also very surprised by this. Don't leave us! You're our resident Para 3 expert!! I think, from what I've seen the past few months now is that forum has seemed to have been cleaning up a bit.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

I know he has me on ignore over some firearms disagreement posts...Somebody tell him that I think he should stay also. He's no crankier than I am....It's the internet, we are supposed to do dumb stuff occasionally.

OH62
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

You are correct. The internet would barely exist without it.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

In your defense the para 3 is pretty cool :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

OldHoosier62 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:52 pm
I know he has me on ignore over some firearms disagreement posts...Somebody tell him that I think he should stay also. He's no crankier than I am....It's the internet, we are supposed to do dumb stuff occasionally.

OH62
Allow me to help. I hope I’m not on OP’s ignore list.
Chris :spyder:
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

Greg, there's an old saying in the neighborhood where I grew up. It goes like this: Fahgettaboudit. Your inputs are appreciated and desired so hang tight and keep em' coming :D !
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red