Sage 5 or Para3 LW?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kvdo

Re: Sage 5 or Para3 LW?

Post by kvdo »

Crux wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:06 pm
Well my friend, lift from the blade pivot point and rotate the liner lock. *Edited - Unnecessary and disrespectful*- TazKristi
That's basically removing it
Crux

Post by Crux »

No as it is still attached to the lanyard tube. You can pivot it away with no problem. Also, WTF does someone do that they need to completely disassemble a knife to clean it on a regular basis? *Edited - Unnecessary and disrespectful* - TazKristi
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
kvdo

Post by kvdo »

Crux wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:20 pm
No as it is still attached to the lanyard tube. You can pivot it away with no problem. Also, WTF does someone do that they need to completely disassemble a knife to clean it on a regular basis? *Edited - Unnecessary and disrespectful* - TazKristi
The scale has to be pushed out of its original fit with the lanyard tube, which is a pressed-fit part. By using force to move a part out of its original fit in a manner that would render it no longer functional in that condition, is at the very least partial removal. It is still physically connected to the lanyard tube, but the application of force still supports the point of the Sage5 simply having a lanyard tube that drops in and out.

If you drop your knife in a body of water, or happen to get caught in rain and it's in your pocket, it would generally be a good idea to dry it off, and make sure there is no moisture sitting in any hard-to-reach places (like between a liner and a scale).

This thread is titled "Sage 5 or Para3 LW?", and my point of the lanyard tube is that of the Para3's lanyard tube compared to the Sage5.
Crux

Post by Crux »

*Edited - Unnecessary and disrespectful* - TazKristi
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
JacksonKnives

Post by JacksonKnives »

Easy, fellas. TIme to walk away.
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

Para 3 LW
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

I don’t own a Para 3 but I do own a Sage 5 and it’s an absolute gem.

I’ve heard a few people complain about the action on the Sage 5 but mine is buttery smooth and falls shut. It’s as it was from the factory no tightening loosening or adjustments of any kind. Just a week or so of flipping to break it in. It’s also small enough to be good around Sheeple.

Also the ergonomics of this knife are just phenomenaly good.

Get one you won’t be disappointed.
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Again with the "you have to disassemble for maintenance".. Not going down that road (and no, i don't disassemble my motorcycle for maintenance either)
I choose Sage 5, simply because i like it better. :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
youmakemehole

Post by youmakemehole »

Crux wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:06 pm
Well my friend, lift from the blade pivot point and rotate the liner lock. *Edited - Unnecessary and disrespectful* - TazKristi
I definitely tried that before and that doesnt remove the liner entirely... so if you have say dirty oil or liquid that has seeped in between the liner and scale towards the bottom of the handle, near the landyard tube, well, youre gonna need a pressure washer or something to get down there to clean it out.
"Sometimes I think that we're all little kids trying to act like grown ups, in our parents clothes. ;) "

-sal