BHQ Military CPM M4 DLC Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pelagic

Re: BHQ Military CPM M4 DLC Exclusive

Post by Pelagic »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:56 pm
Pelagic wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:41 pm
I hope the blade swaps go well for you all. D**n if this doesn't show some desire for low chromium DLC steels.
Well it sure ain’t the natural G10 scales! It is the M4 in a Millie the two just go hand in hand M4 gets sharper easier than any other steel I have ever used and holds the sharpness well and is more resistant to patina and rust tha 52100 or K390 what’s not to love?

Ya gotta admit the DLC looks great on a Millie
M4 truly is the best steel (Spyderco's offerings) minus maybe k390. Couple it with a corrosion resistant coating, and there's nothing that can beat it.
Last edited by Pelagic on Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

Not going to lie guys I thought these would of sold out already <.<

I've been looking to getting into a military for sometime and the classic natural jade / DLC M4 finally through me over the edge. Sad I missed out
on the knifeworks exclusive, but this baby will be an excellent tool.
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

Also, I noticed that BladeHQ did not put out a video for this particular mode... like they did with the pm2 and para 3. Makes me feel like the military
is not as widely received as the other 2 models, which disappear quicker than a small fish at a feeding frenzy.
sok

Post by sok »

Pelagic wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:23 am
Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:04 am
Pelagic wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:34 pm
sok wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:29 pm

Yeah, I have the PM2 version of this one.

I also have the Ti/carbon fiber/S90V Military. I am contemplating a blade swap.
If I had the money to blow I'd swap a DLC M4 blade into my ti/cf millie in a second.
Now there is a good reason to buy!
It is, but it's a gamble. The tolerances aren't always identical. After a blade swap the lockup of the liner may be too little or too much for one's liking. I don't know what the likelihood of this phenomenon is, but I can say that when I swapped blades with 204p/s110v millie's, one locked up too far and one too little. Swapped them back, both perfect, about 40% lockup.... enough to be fully secure, yet room left to make up for eventual wear.
I agree that you roll the dice on a blade swap. I have had a couple go south. In this case though, the worse thing that can happen is that I will have to keep the the two knives stock.

I about half way bought the PM2 version of this knife to use as a parts knife, but the natural G-10 with the black hardware looks a lot better in person than I thought it would and its action is so perfect, that I left it alone. I may find I like the Military version as much and leave it as is.
sok

Post by sok »

Spyderman91 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:09 am
Also, I noticed that BladeHQ did not put out a video for this particular mode... like they did with the pm2 and para 3. Makes me feel like the military
is not as widely received as the other 2 models, which disappear quicker than a small fish at a feeding frenzy.
I've been over to the Spyderco sub at bladeforum to see if there is any buzz about this knife. I looked several pages deep and not a word.

I have pretty much settled on my main EDCs, so my only real interest, hobby wise, is the Military. I guess it is good for people like me that the Military isn't as popular.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Spyderman91 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:09 am
It seems to me like people have gone in the opposite direction with the Para3 fad. Fist it was the Paramilitary 2 no one could get enough of. Compression Lock had allot to do with it I am certain, It is nice to be able to get the fingers out of the action. In fact it is one of the things that got me to buy my first PM2. Prior to Spyderco I owned TRC, Victoronix, Case, Esee, Bark RIver stuff and Chris Reeve Knives Sebenzas of different sizes and blade shapes and I learned early on the small ones were too small for me closing the blade on a smaller Sebenza I got cut pretty good.

After that I decided to give the Spyderco PM2 a try and man it kicked all the other brands out of the pocket for good. Everything else got sold.

I wonder why shrimpy knives have become all the rage lately? Last night I took down a bunch of cardboard with a CTS-204P Military and was happy to have that blade length.
VA.koi guy

Post by VA.koi guy »

This is a great piece, either way, user or collection queen.
Millie is too big for some, and not legally carried in places, so it will always sell a bit slow. Not much flipping in non Sprint run Millie's. Will be interesting to see how long it takes, especially in DLC and natural G10. I got mine BTW.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:55 am
I wonder why shrimpy knives have become all the rage lately? Last night I took down a bunch of cardboard with a CTS-204P Military and was happy to have that blade length.
Legality, for a lot of people. 3" blade length limits are increasingly common. I think the recent surge in popularity of slip joints is for similar reasons. I know that I originally bought both sub 3" blades and slip joints as travel knives, for restrictive jurisdictions.
dodgie02

Post by dodgie02 »

Wowie, if I hadn't already bought a as good as new 2013 cruwear mili last month I would be all over this (even as a eu citizen paying a premium with shipping and import costs). I ended up liking the military way way more then expected, I always assumed that it was too big for me but I couldn't let cruwear good as new go from me for 155 EUR. I saw it offered on ebay today for a crazy 350ish usd haha. I wonder if people pay that price?

After cleaning and polishing with a drop of lube this thing fires, and the long handle is actually super comfortable for hard use. Congratulations to all who's wallets stretch open further then mine!
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

And it has arrived and is much better looking than the satin one the DLC even helps the Natural G10 look better. Tested with a light bit of cutting and it came in razor sharp bevels are dead even, Great Job Spyderco!!!

Terp61

Post by Terp61 »

Anyone care to guess which other models will be released with the BHQ jade/dlc combo? Maybe the Native and Yojimbo?
91bravo

Post by 91bravo »

Got my order in the other day. I can't wait to get this one in hand. I'm a sucker for Spyderco's M4!
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Terp61 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:51 pm
Anyone care to guess which other models will be released with the BHQ jade/dlc combo? Maybe the Native and Yojimbo?
I'll take a guess! I bet I know which one!!! ;)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
tbdoc4kids

Post by tbdoc4kids »

Native is already shown as coming on BHQ website!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Still available...sure making this tempting, as my Para 3 version is one of my favorites. M4 steel is amazing, especially DLC coated if you don't want to worry about a patina. I need this to sell out!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
sok

Post by sok »

It's a beauty. I'll get mine Monday.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:59 am
Still available...sure making this tempting, as my Para 3 version is one of my favorites. M4 steel is amazing, especially DLC coated if you don't want to worry about a patina. I need this to sell out!

Same here. Lol.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Terp61

Post by Terp61 »

Delivery scheduled for today. I handled a Millie at the SFO, it’s a nice knife, this will be my first one. Para 2 is still the best one for me (s110v). I’ve got all the BHQ DLC M4 offerings, I like that configuration. Looks like the Native is next.
PStone

Post by PStone »

Received mine today. Was a flawless example. Did some swapping and have my grail Millie. Red loctite on the 52100 slowed things, and I screwed up the jade scale around the lanyard hole. But I am still very pleased with the outcome :D

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Looks great! How long did it take you to do all of those? Always interested in how quickly/skilled some of you guys are.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick