BHQ Military CPM M4 DLC Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sok

Re: BHQ Military CPM M4 DLC Exclusive

Post by sok »

Yep. I have knife money that could go a couple of different directions, but I am trying to hold out for this one. I need me some of that DLC M4.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

sok wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:21 pm
Yep. I have knife money that could go a couple of different directions, but I am trying to hold out for this one. I need me some of that DLC M4.
I like where your head is at. I love my baby brother Para 3 version. M4 is fantastic and DLC is tough stuff and very easy to clean and get back to a new looking finish.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
sok

Post by sok »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:48 pm

I like where your head is at. I love my baby brother Para 3 version. M4 is fantastic and DLC is tough stuff and very easy to clean and get back to a new looking finish.
Yeah, I have the PM2 version of this one.

I also have the Ti/carbon fiber/S90V Military. I am contemplating a blade swap.
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

sok wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:29 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:

If I had the money to blow I'd swap a DLC M4 blade into my ti/cf millie in a second.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
sok

Post by sok »

Pelagic wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:34 pm
sok wrote:

If I had the money to blow I'd swap a DLC M4 blade into my ti/cf millie in a second.
I think I will have the cf side blacked out and the ti handle as is with the stainless screws and clip. That is, if this knife ever comes out and I can catch one before they're gone.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Username827

Post by Username827 »

Oh man, should I buy this....
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

I've been waiting for this one! Unfortunately I might have to pass for lack of funds.

Sure looks nice though!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
BravoTango

Post by BravoTango »

Millie needs some real CQI. comp lock and tip up. It would skyrocket to the top of my favorite knives list.
:spyder: Ben,

The North Remembers.

Has (Always in flux): Shaman, Chef, Techno, M390 Para 3, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 M4. Manix 2 XL, Blue Weave Domino, CF Chaparral, Vtoku2 Endura 4, D-Fly Salt Hawk SE.[/s].

Wants: Manix 2 XL CPM-M4 or 4V, Compression Lock, Tip-up Military, Yojimbo 2 XL.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Of course it has to be released now when I'm sold on a WE knife and saving for a new exhaust system for my truck :( This was supposed to be my first Military!

-Rick
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

abbazaba wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:26 pm
Thanks for reminder! Looking forward to this military. ..

James
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

Man....

I've been waiting on this one, but to be honest I'm about to take a plunge and buy my first ZT. The 0562 is on sale... guess it is getting discontinued and it is finally at a "descent" price point. Plus, I did see the Rex 45 Military on BBS earlier this week... Haven't gone through them, but they have it priced at 180 bucks so if I really feel the urge... at least there is still that.
sok

Post by sok »

This is the only knife I am looking at ATM. I've got a big job starting tomorrow and am not sure I will be able to have my finger on the trigger when it goes live Tuesday. Hopefully it will stay available for a few hours.

I just took a quick look at my knives, that I have accumulated over the years, and I don't think any of them were bought day one release. Kind of fun. I am an Oklahoma Sooner. Is there any way I can cheat and get one sooner?
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

The satin M4 version took a long time to sell out, and DLC used to be less popular so there is a good chance you guys will still be able get one... If Military exclusives sale history is any indicator.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

abbazaba wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:34 am
The satin M4 version took a long time to sell out, and DLC used to be less popular so there is a good chance you guys will still be able get one... If Military exclusives sale history is any indicator.

Yes, I just hope they don't disappear like the REX 45 did.

I have a feeling they're going to go pretty fast though... We'll see.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

The Meat man wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:12 pm

Yes, I just hope they don't disappear like the REX 45 did.
As Spyderman91 pointed out, you can get the Rex45 Millie at Bento Box Shop for ~$182 plus shipping.

The Pink Endura is going for ~$81 too if you want a break on the shipping.

Have to say it would be fun to drop the DLC M4 into a CF handle though.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Evil D wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:41 am
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:35 am
I’m sure I’m in the heretical minority here, but I have no interest in seeing a BHQ version of either of those D. Despite the hype on the forums, etc. the Shaman, and certainly the Sliverax, doesn’t command nearly the same recognition as the “Golden 5” models they are running (PM2, P3, N5, M, Yo2). Plus no offense to the Shamanites here but that model needs to be CQI’d to fix some less than optimal features.
I'm just so very tired of the same old recycled combos. Even the beloved Military which is one of my top 3 is getting super played out. If it were a Maxamet Military then maybe but they already did an M4 Military. I guess there's suddenly enough support for DLC to warrant another run.
I am still on the fence about getting the DLC M4 Military. The Satin one I already own I brought to a mirror shine on the wicked edge Pro3 and it slices like no other steel. Biggest thing that bothered me about M4 has always been corrosion but perhaps with DLC this is cleared up? I don't worry over the edge because that part always gets touched up so a little patina and or rust no worries.

I really don't like patina or rust on the blade though. Hmmmm Still considering as the satin does not sell well on the secondary market so a hard recapture on the money if I do not like the DLC adding drag to a wonderful slicer.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Pelagic wrote:
sok wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:

Now there is a good reason to buy!
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:59 am
Evil D wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:41 am
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:35 am
I’m sure I’m in the heretical minority here, but I have no interest in seeing a BHQ version of either of those D. Despite the hype on the forums, etc. the Shaman, and certainly the Sliverax, doesn’t command nearly the same recognition as the “Golden 5” models they are running (PM2, P3, N5, M, Yo2). Plus no offense to the Shamanites here but that model needs to be CQI’d to fix some less than optimal features.
I'm just so very tired of the same old recycled combos. Even the beloved Military which is one of my top 3 is getting super played out. If it were a Maxamet Military then maybe but they already did an M4 Military. I guess there's suddenly enough support for DLC to warrant another run.
I am still on the fence about getting the DLC M4 Military. The Satin one I already own I brought to a mirror shine on the wicked edge Pro3 and it slices like no other steel. Biggest thing that bothered me about M4 has always been corrosion but perhaps with DLC this is cleared up? I don't worry over the edge because that part always gets touched up so a little patina and or rust no worries.

I really don't like patina or rust on the blade though. Hmmmm Still considering as the satin does not sell well on the secondary market so a hard recapture on the money if I do not like the DLC adding drag to a wonderful slicer.
I have the DLC version of the Para 3. It's one of my most used knives, granted the size of the blade isn't one I typically use for food. I have, and haven't experienced any kind of rust or patina, though I do coat it in a bit of mineral oil each time after use to as a precaution, and to bring back that dark/shiny black finish. I honestly don't notice TOO much of a difference in drag with my DLC blades compared to satin finishes. There is a slight difference, but nothing that would keep me from buying a DLC blade if it really appeals to me.

-Rick
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:04 am
Pelagic wrote:
sok wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:

Now there is a good reason to buy!
It is, but it's a gamble. The tolerances aren't always identical. After a blade swap the lockup of the liner may be too little or too much for one's liking. I don't know what the likelihood of this phenomenon is, but I can say that when I swapped blades with 204p/s110v millie's, one locked up too far and one too little. Swapped them back, both perfect, about 40% lockup.... enough to be fully secure, yet room left to make up for eventual wear.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?