Questionable tag lines & shiny footprints

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MGN

Re: Questionable tag lines & shiny footprints

Post by MGN »

Hello Sal,
I am new to the forum, but not Spyderco. My collection was stolen in 1999 and it hurt.

I came across this post while setting up a request for help from Forum members on building my new Spyderco Collection.

I cannot say how much I agree with what you posted about this topic. We are all in this together as business owners no matter what our business is. Ethics, Morals, Honesty and a great product are many times hard to find. Spyderco has always been a shining beacon of all of these.

I am happy that I can now start my Spyderco Collection again but I wish I still had my early knives from you guys.

I am so happy to be back - I will definitely visit you guys at SHOT 2018.

If you would not mind - take a look at my post on beginning my collection.

Again many thanks for years of great products and services you provide to all of us.
Marc

- 106 and counting. :)

Today one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to govern - and both commonly succeed, and both are right. :eek:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.(Edmund Burke)

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong. (Voltaire)
Evanela

Post by Evanela »

Intelligent, civil communication is more valuable in our everyday lives, too. Thanks, Sal, for the fine words.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Evanela,

Welcome to our forum and thanx much for the kind comments.

sal
Stuman

Post by Stuman »

sal wrote:This is a sensitive subject, so I would appreciate your patience and understanding.

The hostility that seems to appear on the forum makes it an uncomfortable place to be. This is opposite the intention.

Much of the hostility seems to be centered around the "round hole issue".

After listening to comments, discussion and much thought (which requires time becausae I'm sometimes slow), I have a request.

I am asking you to pull any tag lines or comments that could be percerived as hostile or antagonistic to other companies in the knife industry, while on our forums.

I realize that to many, it is an important issue, and I will admit to being sensitive myself, but a negative approach is not good for the industry or Spyderco in the industry.

Intelligent, civil communication is more valuable.

We have always tried to "leave shiny footprints" where ever we go. I personally have tried to avoid negative comments towards other companies. (No, I'm not perfect either :o ) I think it serves to keep thoughts about Spyderco and other companies more positive than negative.

If you would like to be closely associated with Spyderco, which we greatly appreciate, it would be our wish that you consider leaving shiny footprints rather than hostile feelings, where Spyderco is concerened.

thanx much for your cooperation and kind understanding.

sal
copy that Sal, recieved and understood my friend.
Liberty and the pursuit of happiness is everyone’s god given right :)
Stuman

Post by Stuman »

Oh and keep up on your fantastic work and congratulations on the new knives for 2018 they are a really fantastic platforms that I’m going to have to get and in 4V ! You really keep us busy.
Liberty and the pursuit of happiness is everyone’s god given right :)
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

Your a **** of a guy Sal
Crux

Post by Crux »

MGN wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:57 pm
Hello Sal,
I am new to the forum, but not Spyderco. My collection was stolen in 1999 and it hurt.

I came across this post while setting up a request for help from Forum members on building my new Spyderco Collection.

I cannot say how much I agree with what you posted about this topic. We are all in this together as business owners no matter what our business is. Ethics, Morals, Honesty and a great product are many times hard to find. Spyderco has always been a shining beacon of all of these.

I am happy that I can now start my Spyderco Collection again but I wish I still had my early knives from you guys.

I am so happy to be back - I will definitely visit you guys at SHOT 2018.

If you would not mind - take a look at my post on beginning my collection.

Again many thanks for years of great products and services you provide to all of us.
You can take my car and you can take my house but if you take my Spydercos, I will hunt you down to the far ends of the earth. You will need those Spydercos when I find you because life will suddenly take a turn for the worse. Sorry to hear of your loss.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

i like most agree and try to, and yes it is sometimes difficult when sometimes we "feel" a certain way towards others is not always hostile just that if spyderco can make impressive knife after knife why should we let others muddy the water with sub-par knives and overpriced. but as always no hostility just capt. obvious.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
BigKenbo

Post by BigKenbo »

Mr Glesser
This is my firat day on the forum, and i appreciate your class and grace. I would like to say i love my Spydercos! They have been a tremendous addition to my knife collection! Although i admit my collection may only grow with additional Spyderco purchases! Yes i am traditional and it took me a long time to recognize your genius. You have my apologies. My sincere appreciation, and my continuing business.
Be blessed
Native 5 S110V G10 and LW. S90V LW. Salt LC200N. Maxamet. S30V G10 and LW. Endura 4 ZDP-189. HAP40. VG10.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi BigKenbo,

Welcome to our forum and thanx much for the kind words. I hope you enjoy your time here.

sal
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I'm brand new to Spyderco, but an old salt to life and knives. I'm very impressed by the folks here, and wish I had found Spyderco and this Forum sooner!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
sal

Post by sal »

Welcome Bearrowland,.

sal

Better late than never
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Thanks Sal!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

MNOSD member 0032
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Wow, I just joined the forum and already I'm impressed with its members and with the Spyderco leadership. I may love my spydercos even more today than I did yesterday!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi JuPaul,

Welcome again ;)

sal
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Welcome JuPaul! The friendly folks here have sold me on Spyderco as much as the knives!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
ZAGS09

Post by ZAGS09 »

Hey Sal - First time poster here. I just want to reiterate the sentiments of many others. I found the forums in search of my answer to "what is the one Spyderco I should get" (I quickly learned the answer to that is "as many as you can afford"...). What I found here is an amazing community of people that enjoy quality and sincerity. I think it goes without saying that is due to the leadership setting a top notch example.

I am typically more of a forum lurker but felt compelled to get involved in the community you have created here. Thank you for all you do!

-Colby
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Zags09,

Welcome to our forum.

I might add that we are fortunate to have an exceptional crew, and we've been lucky to have attracted a high level group of forumites.

sal
jasong™

Post by jasong™ »

I just wanted to point out that seeing Sal's comment about leaving "shiny footprints" will make me a customer of Spyderco for life.

Sal shows immense character, and I am happy to be a customer with leadership like this.
"leave shiny footprints" - Sal Glesser
ZAGS09

Post by ZAGS09 »

Thanks Sal! Got my Para 3 LW in the mail yesterday. Loving it so far!