It's time... for a new Millie in CPM-Cru wear

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elena86

It's time... for a new Millie in CPM-Cru wear

Post by elena86 »

CF handle of course ;)
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
ferider

Re: It's time... for a new Millie in CPM-Cru wear

Post by ferider »

Yes ! And a Manix XL of course.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

I totally agree with the need for a new CQI Military in CPM-CRUWEAR. My personal preference would be brown or gray G10 with a DLC blade though.

I also really hope St Nicks does a DLC 4V/Red G10 Military this year. And a CPM-3V Military would be amazing as well. With 4V finally appearing last year, I am really hoping some dealer takes a chance on 3V this year. The Military would be a great knife to start with.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

ferider wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:28 am
Yes ! And a Manix XL of course.

Agreed! I was hoping for a Cruwear Manix Backlock as well, but I guess that aint happening. Id really love to see a re-release of the original C95 Manix with backlock and dino-jimping with a DLC Cruwear blade and gray or brown G10.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
ferider

Post by ferider »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:34 am
Id really love to see a re-release of the original C95 Manix with backlock and dino-jimping with a DLC Cruwear blade and gray or brown G10.
Oh yeah. DLC or not, I'll buy it. Even if it comes in pink :)
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Sure why not I already own one but if it is released with a carbon fiber handle probably get one or two of them. Not a big fan of the light colored handles have been thinking of RIT Dying the one I have Navy Blue or Black. Only thing stopping me is there were only 1200 made and if I recall mine is a numbered one. Will have to look again to be sure though.
dodgie02

Post by dodgie02 »

In my country (NL) there is someone offering a cruwear sprint millie for about 155 eur. (ye ye expensive - keep in mind regular millies go for 230 ish here). It's the '13 version and I hope I can pick it up. Have to wait for my paycheck this month as December cleaned me out. It's pretty rare to come across one here, and the man lives no more then 30 minutes away coincidentally.

I've never had a military because it's a bit big. Even passed on the rex 45 one recently because I already had a pm2 in it.
But every time I come here you guys keep enabling me haha! I looked into whether someone was offering some cruwear after all that talk about cruwear yesterday. Didn't expect to encounter anything let alone a 2013 cruwear millie sprint.

Fortunately the knife community here is small, and people like us who can justify owning 2 dozen quality knives are extremely rare so I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I'm hopeful :) I could get it now, but I've sworn off from buying irresponsibly
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Consider a military a responsible purchase.

It looks big and it is but it is so well designed you swiftly forget about the size. The blade length allows you to do allot more than a PM2 can.

The only problem you may encounter is you will not carry a Paramilitary 2 or a para3 again. I know because it happened to me. The room in the pocket is negligable and chances are you will be surprised by how much you do not notice it by comparison.
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:30 am
I totally agree with the need for a new CQI Military in CPM-CRUWEAR. My personal preference would be brown or gray G10 with a DLC blade though.

I also really hope St Nicks does a DLC 4V/Red G10 Military this year. And a CPM-3V Military would be amazing as well. With 4V finally appearing last year, I am really hoping some dealer takes a chance on 3V this year. The Military would be a great knife to start with.
Lots of great ideas here. Starting with Cruwear (on topic for this thread, even). But the others are great ideas too.
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:04 am

It looks big and it is but it is so well designed you swiftly forget about the size. The blade length allows you to do allot more than a PM2 can.

The only problem you may encounter is you will not carry a Paramilitary 2 or a para3 again. I know because it happened to me. The room in the pocket is negligable and chances are you will be surprised by how much you do not notice it by comparison.
Uh huh. I waited impatiently for the PM1, but when the PM2 came out I thought I had found the only knife I needed. Then I got a Mili and all my concerns about it being too big disappeared. I prefer the Mili and rarely carry any of my PM2's anymore, except for reasons of social acceptability. I carry a PM3 every day at work for the same reason, but the Mili is really my preferred cutting tool.
dodgie02

Post by dodgie02 »

Haha, my oh my. Sal and Eric should start giving you guys commissions ;) the amount of knives I've bought on the advice of the people here.. And I'm sure you're right. It's funny, I've never had buyers remorse with any of my spydercos. Perhaps just the para 3 but that was more a case of it being surrounded by other fine fine blades like pakkawood delicas in hap 40, caly 3 sprints, then a sage 5, the list goes on and on.
And the last half year I ended up carrying my pakkawood Endura which is a bit more bulky and heavier due to the full liners and pakkawood handles. Really enjoying it. You think you don't really need that extra bit of blade but it's **** nice once you actually start using it.

I'll try to persuade the seller to wait a week with the promise of picking it up at his place and the prospect of cash in hand.

Also more fun this way. There are hardly any people here who get into this hobby and it'll be fun to meet and talk a bit about knives and tools.
dogrunner wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:40 am

Uh huh. I waited impatiently for the PM1, but when the PM2 came out I thought I had found the only knife I needed. Then I got a Mili and all my concerns about it and being too big disappeared. I prefer the Mili and rarely carry any of my PM2's anymore, except for reasons of social acceptability. I carry a PM3 every day at work for the same reason, but the Mili is really my preferred cutting tool.
Oh dear, it's in the realm of possibility. Before I got into spyderco, I'd usually carry something on par with the size of a delica from various other brands. Sometimes smaller, sometimes bigger. Because I was impressed with the delica I thought upgrading to a pm2 felt like the next logical evolution. Well, when unboxing it I was taken aback by its size. After a month of carrying it I couldn't go back and since then I've been carrying something small, and something better suited for those situations where you want tools you can rely on not to fail you.
Grew on me so much I started stocking up on some cruwear, m390 and recently some rex 45. Because God forbid they'd replace this blade someday.. And here we are today..

I'm actually excited for the millie now! It's been on my mind for so long and it had to happen. Got to know what all the fuss is about!
Just hope I don't get sucked into it like with the pm2s haha!
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I love the Golden CF, but really wish they'd do more of the original "diamond" patterned G10 like the original and the 2013 Forum Knife.
Danvp

Post by Danvp »

dodgie02 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:05 am
There are hardly any people here who get into this hobby and it'll be fun to meet and talk a bit about knives and tools.
I am curious how many spyderco fans are coming from NL. Maybe i will meet some at the Amsterdam event.
Anyway, the millie is dangerous... i thought it would be to big for my taste. It turns out its a real fine piece of art. Have the Knifeworks exclusive CF/Ti s90v. Missed the 204p unfortunately.
There should be more sprintrun Millies...Cruwear please :D
dodgie02

Post by dodgie02 »

Danvp wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:37 pm
dodgie02 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:05 am
There are hardly any people here who get into this hobby and it'll be fun to meet and talk a bit about knives and tools.
I am curious how many spyderco fans are coming from NL. Maybe i will meet some at the Amsterdam event.
Anyway, the millie is dangerous... i thought it would be to big for my taste. It turns out its a real fine piece of art. Have the Knifeworks exclusive CF/Ti s90v. Missed the 204p unfortunately.
There should be more sprintrun Millies...Cruwear please :D
I missed the last meetings.. Would have loved to go :(

Good news though. The seller agreed to sell me my first military.
It's like it was meant to be. Cruwear, honest price, and the seller lives a town over.. Excuse me but I'm pretty giddy!

We even talked knives a bit and I'll bring some specimen he was interested in and vice versa!

Good Times.
FK

Post by FK »

Photos when it is purchased please.

I also have the light grey Cruwear Military, purchased used with dirty G10,, easily cleaned to minty condition.
One of my favorites in collection.

Regards,
FK
JackofAllBlades

Post by JackofAllBlades »

YES YES YES YES YES.

Ive been itching to make a thread about this.
Don't care if its CF or knife centers smooth G10.

I JUST WANT MY **** CRUWEAR MILLIE :D
hungryboy

Post by hungryboy »

Yes please, G 10 in any colour! I'll take 2.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

I’d dearly like a Cruwear and a Maxamet Millie! :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Bloke wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:50 pm

You and me both. :)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Doeswhateveraspidercan

The Meat man wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:36 pm
Bloke wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:50 pm

You and me both. :)
Agreed Purchase of both no worries mate!