Tanto PM2 Support Thread

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Re: Tanto PM2 Support Thread

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Nice prototype. Not my taste but I am certain it will be well received.

I was very impressed with how Eric likes the BD1N Steel in the Para3.

Hope they do a military FRN with BD1N. So tired of short blades.
bagsnatcher

Post by bagsnatcher »

Bro.

My wallet.

Have mercy.
silvershade255

Post by silvershade255 »

Well can't get the photo to upload, but if you remove the swedge in the photo it suddenly looks much better.
Last edited by silvershade255 on Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Seven for One"
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I'm in, but what steel?

I've been enjoying M4 quite a bit.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Pman61

Post by Pman61 »

I’d buy the Tanto PM2 tomorrow. I watched the BHQ videos at Shot Show and thought it was neat how excited Eric was in discussing the upcoming releases.
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

BRAVO! 110% I believe in this move! Spyderco needs to offer more blade shapes. They are the leader in steels, but not realizing their potential. They need to see what other manufacturers are doing and offer the same blade styles with their steels and designer touch.

KEEP GOING!
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Tantos don't appeal to me. I don't care for the abrupt change in the edge angle - I prefer a smoother curve or a straight line.

But, it looks interesting, and I hope that those that want them can get them. :)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

That’s a big No for me.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

brainfriction wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:10 pm
Can't wait for the para 3 lightweight :)
OH WOW! What I want now is a TANTO PARAMILITARY LIGHTWEIGHT? How about THAT? :) That blade but with FRN!
SpyderEdgeForever

Spyderco ROCKS and RULES! :)
SpyderEdgeForever

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:15 pm
I haven’t had time to watch the video yet but I fully support this Tanto idea. I’ve felt for a long time that there was a hole in Spyderco’s linup with no Tanto blade offering. This is a perfect solution since tanto’s don’t seem to sell very well according to Spyderco. They can just use the para 2 tooling and change the blade grind. If it sells, great. If it doesn’t, it’ll make for one heck of a collectible.
Yes. And now I need you and I and others to really request a Paramilitary Tanto LIGHT WEIGHT with FRN. :)
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Nah
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Last edited by steelcity16 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Why are most tantos ground on both side vs just one? I much prefer a true chisel grind that is flat on one side. Tantos with a flat chisel grind are very hard to find. This shape is more useful for impromptu scraping and light chiseling/wood shaving. The CRKT K.I.S.S has a blade like this and there are a few Emersons, but that is about all I could find. Something like that in a tough, easy to sharpen tool steel (52100 maybe? BD1?) would make a great knife and would be something I would be interested in.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

I can already see the PM2 fanbois slobbering all over the place imagining the tanto PM2 in more flavors than ice cream in a Italian ice cream shop :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I like it. Would like to see the para 3 tanto as well. And a hawkbill lil Native :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
elena86

Post by elena86 »

I am a PM2 fan but I deeply dislike that tanto variant. It's just....meh :(
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

I warmly grant the Tanto to anyone who likes that bladeshape - I personally don´t. The only thing I DO like in that shape, is the more robust tip.
So generally making the tip of the PM 2 stronger (don´t own one - yet..., so I can just judge from the tip of my Millie, which is admittedly even more acute than the one of the PM2) would be something I´d like to see.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

It's still a riddle to me why the Super leaf didn't push both PM2 and Manix 2 out since it is IMO superior to them both, except maybe steel-wise..
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:43 am
It's still a riddle to me why the Super leaf didn't push both PM2 and Manix 2 out since it is IMO superior to them both, except maybe steel-wise..
I thought that for a minute. I like how the Super locks into my grip. However it's snaggy on the edges of the pocket and the liners are a little heavy. Seki limits steel options. No four position clip. Addressing these issues basically turns it into the PM2.