Thank you Spyderco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
GiftedMisfit

Thank you Spyderco

Post by GiftedMisfit »

I just wanted to say thank you to Spyderco for making exceptional products. Feels appropriate that my first post is a grateful one. I live in Canada, and it's a little harder to get spyderco knives up here.. it's all buck and Gerber products in every major retailer. I'm just not a fan. When I was younger my dad had a spyderco delica. Which I fell in love with. I recently found a local retailer - www.reliks.com here in my city that sells spyderco knives. As you can imagine I immediately picked up Delica, quickly followed by a Tenacious, Reselience, Alcyone, Ambitious and an Endura.

It wasn't really until I grabbed a Manix2 G-10 s30v that i truly fell in love with what spyderco is - innovation. I then seen a design that I fell in love with - the Sliverax. Getting a knife with a flipper design in Canada ain't that easy either so I was surprised to see it in person here in my hometown. I saved up and paid the rather high ($260cad) price. This is my knife though, the one that I really fell in love with.

On a little side note I also wanted to say that I'm a lefty so I've really had to learn to adapt to alot of knives ( Sliverax - compression lock ) and I have. Recently I bought a left handed PM2 and wow, just wow. Fit and finish from Golden is great, right on par with Taichung imho. Just want to finish this post where I started... Thank you Sal, Eric and everyone at spyderco for making knives the unique and innovative way you do. Also thanks for not forgetting us Lefty's.

- James
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
sal

Re: Thank you Spyderco

Post by sal »

Hi James,

Welcome to our forum and thanx much for the kind words and support.

sal
K-bar1999

Post by K-bar1999 »

:mad: I can’t say I feel the same way I own a lot of knives benchmade and spy’s 100% of my benchmade never had a blemish my spy’s can’t say the same and when I call up for warranty it feels like I have to explain the reason blemish Is on the knife vs why does this knife have a blemish
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Welcome to the forum James.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Welcome James, from a fellow Canadian. Try Blades Canada. ;)

K-bar1999, nice post in someone's first post thread.
- best wishes, Jazz.
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

Welcome to the forum James, and I hope your "Canadian border situation" improves soon :)

Yes, Mr.1999, that was a very nice place to put your rant post, were your Ka-Bars all blemish free? Guess so :p
freebird610

Post by freebird610 »

K-bar1999 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:17 pm
:mad: I can’t say I feel the same way I own a lot of knives benchmade and spy’s 100% of my benchmade never had a blemish my spy’s can’t say the same and when I call up for warranty it feels like I have to explain the reason blemish Is on the knife vs why does this knife have a blemish
Not sure what Benchmade's you are using but I have used and handled quite a few benchmades and spydercos over the years and Spyderco's fit and finish is far superior. Benchmade has qc issues.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi K-Bar,

Welcome to our forum.

I think if you hang out for a while, you will see that we run our company differently than other companies. Just our way. If that's ok with you, have fun here. But we do try to be civil and walk with shiny footprints. Benchmade makes a good product. We appreciate and respect them as competitors.

sal