Knives you wish you could like

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
abbazaba

Re: Knives you wish you could like

Post by abbazaba »

I have more Natives than I should admit, but they rarely see my pocket. I think the new Salt will change that this summer, at least until a Manix2 LW Salt drops ;)
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

I personally love the PM2, fits my hand like a glove. The Para 3? Disaster. I bought a few of the sprint runs thinking they would grow on me over time, or I must just give them more time in pocket. No, it’s just a pass for me. If you actually cut more than Amazon boxes open with a knife, the Para 3 is not that great. I carried one as a primary for 3 months and it’s a no go.
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Manix and Native...

Both excellent knives, and I own multiples. I like choils, but for some reason the choil on these just seem to always get in the way while cutting.

I was thinking about getting a Native Salt to try LC200N, but maybe I should just stop kidding myself and go for a Caribbean instead.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Brock O Lee wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:05 am
Manix and Native...

Both excellent knives, and I own multiples. I like choils, but for some reason the choil on these just seem to always get in the way while cutting.

I was thinking about getting a Native Salt to try LC200N, but maybe I should just stop kidding myself and go for a Caribbean instead.
Don't get a Caribbean!

If you do, you will never look at your other knives the same. :P

Manix 2: Nasty CBBL.
Para 3: Just no...
Caly Jr.: Too small for my hands.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Probably the Delica just because it has had some nice versions over the years and steel offerings. It was also my second Spyderco but the ergos just aren't for me.

I could make a far longer list of knives that I DO like but don't like enough to buy/carry over my favorite models.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

For me I guess you could say that it's any of the ENDURA models. The blade just isn't pointy enough for me. Because with the types of cutting jobs I've got I tend to need a blade with more of a defined point to it. Now in Spyderedge it's not as bad but in Plain Edge it just doesn't have the mobility or the pointy blade that the C-36 Military or the C-60 Ayoob or the JD Smith models have.

Another model I could never fall in love with was the MEERKAT. Don't really prefer small blades anyway but the MeerKat models I've had I've never really used any of them much.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Flippers

Just don’t get them and why would you need a flipper with a Spyderco hole

Had them and used them but meh....
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.