Sal- New Shaman Configuration??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mike51772

Sal- New Shaman Configuration??

Post by Mike51772 »

Hey Sal. I was just wondering if there is a plan to release a Shaman in an additional steel/handle material?
Wartstein

Re: Sal- New Shaman Configuration??

Post by Wartstein »

Mike51772 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:18 pm
Hey Sal. I was just wondering if there is a plan to release a Shaman in an additional steel/handle material?
Actually there was a thread recently adressing this (can´t exactly remember which one): We can strongly hope for Cruwear and Micarta, if I recall correctly, but don´t quote me on that.
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Mike51772

Post by Mike51772 »

Yeah I’m looking for Sal to weigh in on it. Beyond what people are ‘hoping’ for, I’d be interested to here what is actually gonna happen!
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

I just remember the 'micarta' bit.. Don't know if the rest is wishful thinking or my memory being bad :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Mushroom

Post by Mushroom »

There was a post from a few weeks back in the "Sals Casual Bombshell Thread", that Sal was carrying a Brown Canvas Micarta prototype Shaman. No mention of steel, but I remember Sal saying he was partial to Cruwear, I just couldn't find the post.

http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... 0#p1289870
-Nick :bug-red
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Mike,

There are a few exclusives in-the-works with special handles and steels..

sal
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Mushroom wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:01 pm
There was a post from a few weeks back in the "Sals Casual Bombshell Thread", that Sal was carrying a Brown Canvas Micarta prototype Shaman. No mention of steel, but I remember Sal saying he was partial to Cruwear, I just couldn't find the post.

http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... 0#p1289870
That's what i thought/remembered!

And thanks for the clarification/teaser Sal :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Mike51772

Post by Mike51772 »

Thanks Sal! I appreciate the reply! I’ve been holding off on getting a Shaman in the event of more offerings coming available. I’d love to see one iwith an upgraded stainless steel.
Such as M390/CTS204P/CPM20CV......or S90V!
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

I just took the Shaman to the sharpmaker at 40 degrees.... This thing is a straight weapon, I love carrying it because for it's size I forget it's in my pocket about half of the time. Makes any heavy duty cutting task a breeze with the high saber grind and ULTRA comfortable contoured handle.

Dropped it straight onto asphalt the other day form my pocket (my fault for grabbing it at a weird angle trying to be slick) and it took it like a champ.
Some minor scuffs, but how the g10 manages to stay as clean as it does even after physical abrasion is beyond me.
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

The 2019 DLC Shaman costs over $200😂😂😂😂 that’s truly laughable for G10 and S30v. The sprints will probably cost $280+/- hard pass.
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

rgrad80 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:18 pm
The 2019 DLC Shaman costs over $200😂😂😂😂 that’s truly laughable for G10 and S30v. The sprints will probably cost $280+/- hard pass.
Honestly, your post will likely be the response from most people who'd be looking at it.
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
VA.koi guy

Post by VA.koi guy »

A few exclusive Shaman offerings sounds great to me, better odds to get one. If we thought 2018 broke the bank, we better get ready for 2019! LoL
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

rgrad80 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:18 pm
Unfortunately I'll have to agree with you on this, even though I'll be very tempted to pick one up with Micarta and Cruwear.
K-bar1999

Post by K-bar1999 »

:eek: I’ll be looking forward but mostly likely as all sprint runs will never make it to the public on the first run they’ll push em on the secondary market for twice as much but for sure they advertise them as sold out it’s all about $$$$$ these days
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I've said it before - I'd liquidate most of my collection to get a micarta / cruwear shaman. That's still true.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
justjohn

Post by justjohn »

Yes indeed rgrad80, "You always have a choice". Not to ruffle any feathers but you can choose quality products (which comes at a price), or you can choose the economy products. That being said, I own a Shaman and it is probably the best knife I have ever used! I have no doubt this knife will outlast me. Spyderco is 100% Quality form materials, to design, to functionality. In my honest opinion I do not feel any of their offerings are overpriced. Sure some are expensive, but there is a difference between that and overpriced. Rgrad80, your opinion is acknowledged and appreciated...and now back to the show.
- John

:bug-red "Spyderco"...Vēnērunt, vīdērunt, vīcērunt :bug-red
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Take my money.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Mike51772

Post by Mike51772 »

I’m really hoping for a Shaman in an upgraded stainless steel. Maybe a Bento Box or DLT exclusive with M390!?!?