Where is the smock?!?!?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Hatchet 7419

Where is the smock?!?!?

Post by Hatchet 7419 »

Made a purchase at knife Center in January, still getting the emails every month saying it’s not coming yet , any new updates ?
spyderg

Re: Where is the smock?!?!?

Post by spyderg »

Last I heard they were looking at late 4th quarter, then I think Sal posted suggesting they would have them in for final inspection/quality check in Dec. but it didn’t seem promising they’d be shipped out before the end of the year. I’m hoping they’ll be the first ones shipping out in the new year...Sal?
I’ve got an SK23 from Kevin Smocks first batch and have been waiting for the Spyderco version since!
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

Threads like this is one of the reasons why Spyderco has said no more pre-announcements or updates about new models.
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

BigGrove wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:22 pm
Threads like this is one of the reasons why Spyderco has said no more pre-announcements or updates about new models.
This thread is pretty mild compared to the tone of other's regarding unreleased models. Particularly the Native 5 Salt received it's share of impatience
and criticisms... But here we are today, I got a Salt in hand and have been enjoying every minute of it. Good things come to those that wait.

To answer the OPs question:

The last video updated posted by Smock himself can be seen here: https://youtu.be/U9x_Dgr-pQE

This was uploaded six months ago, however, if you read the most recent comment: "Any update on release date?", Smock: "nothing official but should be soon." and that was 4 days ago exactly.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I've had it on pre-order since around April-May. I'm curious when it's released, if it will be effected by the price increase coming Spyderco's way. Not that it would deter me from buying it, but I am curious and feel it wouldn't be right to those of us who had already pre-ordered it at a particular price.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

BigGrove wrote:
Exactly.

I don’t blame them for doing it.
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

BigGrove wrote:
I doubt it, so far this thread is just a few excited customers asking if there’s any news. Some threads have gotten very demanding and critical but even those are only reaching people who come to this forum. And most of us are still going to purchase the knife being whined about even if it’s released later than expected, (mind you I’ve lost interest in a couple due to long waits with many delays)
I’m thinking YouTube reviewers complaining about delays would have a larger impact as they reach more people and likely impact their purchases more.
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?