LC200N Native 5 Salt. Still no knife. Come on! When???

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Re: LC200N Native 5 Salt. Still no knife. Come on! When???

Post by Sharp Guy »

attila wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:21 pm
The lockbar should just have a floating pivot, like the linerless G10 version, not a pin (rivet). At least that's how it looks.
Yep! Same style pivot as all the Native 5 LW and linerless models. They're very easy to take apart and reassemble.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Mine is on the way from DLT!
Robbob

Post by Robbob »

attila wrote:
The lockbar should just have a floating pivot, like the linerless G10 version, not a pin (rivet). At least that's how it looks.
It is a pin, not a rivet. I suppose the term "pin" congures up a permanent fastener, which is not the case with the N5 Salt.
Fixmeister

Post by Fixmeister »

Got lucky two days ago when I checked BladeHQ and noticed both in stock. Ordered one of each. Got my shipping confirmation and now... they show as ‘Out Of Stock’. Lucky me. Maybe by Christmas??

BTW, I had one on preorder from another vendor that still shows as out of stock. Canceled that order to get the two from BladeHQ. Timing. Whew!

Tom
attila

Post by attila »

Robbob wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:07 am
attila wrote:
It is a pin, not a rivet. I suppose the term "pin" congures up a permanent fastener, which is not the case with the N5 Salt.
Agreed. I just made the distinction/word-association because when we speak of "pinned" construction here (a la Caly, Manix LW, etc.), its actually rivets we're speaking of. I just wanted the OP to understand that it isn't a permanent, tightly-fixed fastener that might hinder disassembly. Sorry for the apparent confusion.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

Finally got mine yesterday after having it preordered for ages, haha. It's not my first Salt knife but my first knife with LC200n. I'm looking forward to putting through it's paces kayak fishing. I currently carry a Pac Salt clipped to my life vest and a salt Dragonfly in my pocket. I'll probably carry the Native over the Dragonfly and use the Dragonfly clipped to my swim trunks in the summer at the pool, beach or lake.

I decided to carry it today just because I'm thrilled to finally have it. Great job Sal and company! Maybe we'll see a DLC coated blade and black handled version.

Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

My Native 5 Salt is so sharp it makes zip ties explode on contact. Very, very excellent little knife glad I got this guy and a CTS 204P pm2 for xmas :)
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

LC200N wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:29 pm
LC200N Native 5. Still no knife. Come on! When? How long will these old excuses be expected to stand?
It seems like it will be a year or so here soon with the pre-order. Will it even be here by Christmas?! I'm finally becoming inpatient, or at least upset. It's taken a while, but this is the first time I've considered possibly cancelling my preorder and getting a totally different knife with the money I've set aside. The only thing holding me back is my place in line, but I don't know if I'll ever preorder again if this is what is to be expected from buyers. Very discouraging.
I preordered a 40th Anni Native from knife center a ways back. Then I saw them for sale everywhere, weeks went by. But, I waited for my Preorder. Then they canceled my preorder and told me they had no stock. I literally waited and got nothing. Knife center lost a customer for life, unless I feel they deal is so good they are losing money. That is just me. I value customer service over the lowest price. I got neither. I am a really good customer. I spend stupid money on knives.

I will never do a preorder again as long as I live. I also got the knife for way less on EBay brand new.

Lesson learned on preorders for me, never again.
Robbob

Post by Robbob »

Archimedes wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:58 pm
LC200N wrote:
LC200N Native 5. Still no knife. Come on! When? How long will these old excuses be expected to stand?
It seems like it will be a year or so here soon with the pre-order. Will it even be here by Christmas?! I'm finally becoming inpatient, or at least upset. It's taken a while, but this is the first time I've considered possibly cancelling my preorder and getting a totally different knife with the money I've set aside. The only thing holding me back is my place in line, but I don't know if I'll ever preorder again if this is what is to be expected from buyers. Very discouraging.
I preordered a 40th Anni Native from knife center a ways back. Then I saw them for sale everywhere, weeks went by. But, I waited for my Preorder. Then they canceled my preorder and told me they had no stock. I literally waited and got nothing. Knife center lost a customer for life, unless I feel they deal is so good they are losing money. That is just me. I value customer service over the lowest price. I got neither. I am a really good customer. I spend stupid money on knives.

I will never do a preorder again as long as I live. I also got the knife for way less on EBay brand new.

I'm sure you were the only one on the pre-order list as the knife you mentioned was so dull and undesirable. How odd Knifecenter sold all of their stock out from under you. Too bad no other dealers offer a pre-order option.
freebird610

Post by freebird610 »

The Deacon wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:11 am
Got mine yesterday from KC. Does anyone else find theirs very stiff. Mine is, and it's not a "tight pivot" issue. Rather it seems to be the amount of tension the spring and lockbar put on the blade.
Mine is very stiff as well. Extremely stiff. It is also not a pivot issue either because it free drops when the lockbar is depressed. Seems there is an extreme amount of lockbar tension on the blade from what I can tell.
freebird610

Post by freebird610 »

Robbob wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:32 pm
The Deacon wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:11 am
Got mine yesterday from KC. Does anyone else find theirs very stiff. Mine is, and it's not a "tight pivot" issue. Rather it seems to be the amount of tension the spring and lockbar put on the blade.
Mine is, too, but I haven't had a chance to try adjusting the pivot.
I adjusted the pivot on mine to no avail. Its not the pivot as mine free drops when depressing the lockbar.
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

Robbob wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:35 am
Archimedes wrote:
LC200N wrote:

I'm sure you were the only one on the pre-order list as the knife you mentioned was so dull and undesirable. How odd Knifecenter sold all of their stock out from under you. Too bad no other dealers offer a pre-order option.
I know I must be real stupid. I thought preorder meant you were buying into their coming stock. I also assumed they would do as many preorders as the coming stock. So, I assumed you were getting a knife. I though that is why you preorder. But stupid me just waited until I got an email telling me my preorder was canceled long after the knife was out of stock.
Cscottsss

Post by Cscottsss »

Mine is very stiff too, but drops free by the lockbar. I've opened and closed it a few hundred times and it's slowly getting better.
Robbob

Post by Robbob »

Archimedes wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:10 am
Robbob wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:35 am
Archimedes wrote:
LC200N wrote:

I know I must be real stupid. I thought preorder meant you were buying into their coming stock. I also assumed they would do as many preorders as the coming stock. So, I assumed you were getting a knife. I though that is why you preorder. But stupid me just waited until I got an email telling me my preorder was canceled long after the knife was out of stock.
I believe most dealers don't know exactly how many units they will receive of limited edition mofels. Also, they don't all receive them at the same time, so if you're way down the list, and that dealer is, too, you're just giving your hopes up, unfortunately.
for_ducks_sake

Post by for_ducks_sake »

Got my pre-order from knifecenter yesterday, super excited to start EDCing it alongside my tasman se. Mines a bit stiff too but natives have always been a little stiffer than some of the other knives (for me), should break in with use. My only slight complaint is that the handle on mine is more of a macaroni and cheese yellow than the typical bright yellow of other salt knives. It looks quite a bit different than the pic posted above actually - maybe there was some variation in the different batches. All in all, a great Christmas present!
Kyle8734

Post by Kyle8734 »

Just got mine from Blade HQ this morning! First Salt knife and I'm happy for it. All it has done for what seems like forever here in West Virginia is rain 24/7 lol so this should be a good fit. Very pleased with the knife everything looks great with mine. It might be a little on the stiff side but nothing I'm worried about I'm sure it will only get better with time. Thanks Sal and Eric this thing is definitely going to see a lot of use with me.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Mine was stiff so I took it apart and cleaned it up. I have had more than a few Native's apart, and there were a couple differences I hadn't seen before on my samples:

There is a thin channel milled around the middle circumference of the pivot. Maybe to differentiate from the regular model if they are made from a different steel?

The smaller "backspacer" screws are T8 instead of T6. It is nice when all screws use the same size tool, which I think is an underrated feature.

While I had it apart I did a scale swap to the Black FRN I modified for the wire clip. Super smooth now. Guess I'll find out if the clip mount inserts rust on the regular model!
Kyle8734

Post by Kyle8734 »

So far my only complaint is the coating on the clip has already worn off where the bend in the clip is. I haven't dropped the knife or even remember rubbing up against anything hard so idk how that has already happened? Has anyone else experienced this? I just got the knife this morning
Fixmeister

Post by Fixmeister »

I received the two that I ordered yesterday and today. Of the two, the SE is the smoother of the two. But both of them are pretty stiff, and on a par with my other Native 5 SE in S35VN.

I decided to take my PE apart and see what was causing all the stiffness and creakiness. I polished the contact area of the lock bar and blade . Like abbazaba, I noticed the groove in the lock bar pivot. Typically, that is a grease groove, and I treated it as such. I used Froglube on that and also on the contact interface between the lock bar and the blade. I used graphite powder on the pivot and the sides of the blade wearing contacts the scales. It’s much smoother now.

I did note on both of them that there is a little side to side blade play, but it disappears once the blade is fully opened. I tried tightening down the side screws to remove blade play, but it got very stiff.

I’m pretty happy with them as they are, and both are beautiful knives. I especially like the look of this steel. It’s almost titanium-like.

Tom
Brown_Recluse

Post by Brown_Recluse »

I have one. I like it.

I like FRN better than FRCP.
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN