The One That Got Away...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Eli Chaps

The One That Got Away...

Post by Eli Chaps »

For me it is undoubtedly the Pattada. I kept saying I'd get one and then all of a sudden...poof...gone. Sleek and slicey, the things I love. Wire clip too.

Sigh...

I screwed up on that one. I should've supported Spyderco's endeavor there. I know I can watch the secondary market but that is more complicated, and, like I said, I should've tossed my dollars behind it while in production to show support not just for the exact knife, but the concept.

Do you have one that got away?
Spydersense

Re: The One That Got Away...

Post by Spydersense »

Slysz Bowie
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
Nate

Post by Nate »

The Pattada should still be fairly available under $200 from what I see. Good luck on it.

I know the feeling a bit, currently with the Sprig and back lock Manix. The reality is that there's just no way for me to buy them all though. :)

The current "top 10" thread had me feeling a little guilty again, since I like the PITS so much but wasn't willing to buy it until it was at disco'd pricing AND I had an Ebay coupon. At least it didn't get away, but feel like I'm part of the reason it isn't still in the around.

The current Baby Horn sprint that's still hanging around is another one that seems like it won't really be appreciated till it's gone.
:spyder:
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Nate wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:12 pm
The Pattada should still be fairly available under $200 from what I see. Good luck on it.

I know the feeling a bit, currently with the Sprig and back lock Manix. The reality is that there's just no way for me to buy them all though. :)

The current "top 10" thread had me feeling a little guilty again, since I like the PITS so much but wasn't willing to buy it until it was at disco'd pricing AND I had an Ebay coupon. At least it didn't get away, but feel like I'm part of the reason it isn't still in the around.

The current Baby Horn sprint that's still hanging around is another one that seems like it won't really be appreciated till it's gone.
The Baby Horn is a glorious knife! I need to buy another... 2 or 3...
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Sent you a pm on where to find one.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

You know I go by feel and I'll be switched if I was not right to buy a backup of the military CF TI in S90V and the Military in CTS-204P just before they slap ran out.

Both had been somehow overlooked and missed but once I bought one I had to have a backup of each. I know the Police in K390 is slated to be released through 2019 but gosh darn it that knife is talking to me loud and clear as well. I already own one looks like there will be a second before the years out.
Hatchet 7419

Post by Hatchet 7419 »

SAGE 4 ..... I have all the other ones but that one .
Hatchet 7419

Post by Hatchet 7419 »

Can’t find it anywhere
attila

Post by attila »

C13 Pro-grip/Pro-venator.

When I was young, I used to thumb through mail-order catalogs, and I distinctly remember admiring the stainless C13 with rubber inlays. I wanted a lot of things back then, but had no money for any of them. Now, I fondly remember admiring this and several other interests of my youth.

I wish I could have bought one, and due to similar blade shape and aesthetics, I was thinking about getting a comboedge UKPK. Those are still around on occasion, but the C13 is nowhere to be found.

Recently, it's the red M390 PM2, HAP40 Stretch, and a couple others I would like to have gotten my grubbies on, but I wish that C13 had been my first :spyder:
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Oops...

Apologies
Doeswhateveraspidercan

attila wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:34 pm
C13 Pro-grip/Pro-venator.

When I was young, I used to thumb through mail-order catalogs, and I distinctly remember admiring the stainless C13 with rubber inlays. I wanted a lot of things back then, but had no money for any of them. Now, I fondly remember admiring this and several other interests of my youth.

I wish I could have bought one, and due to similar blade shape and aesthetics, I was thinking about getting a comboedge UKPK. Those are still around on occasion, but the C13 is nowhere to be found.

Recently, it's the red M390 PM2, HAP40 Stretch, and a couple others I would like to have gotten my grubbies on, but I wish that C13 had been my first :spyder:
look here https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPYDERCO-PRO-V ... :rk:1:pf:0
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Hefty price but calculate for inflation you are probably doing okay.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Hatchet 7419 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:28 pm
SAGE 4 ..... I have all the other ones but that one .
For me this about the only one that has got away. Had the opportunity (twice) to buy a nice one for a reasonable price and didn't take the opportunity. Now they're all more than I'm willing to spend. No thanks, don't need one that bad!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I waffled on the Bushcraft too long. Then the disco blowout wiped them out and oh well. I think I’m pretty content. Para3 is just awesome.
That’s nice! Darn it.