Spydercos you sold, only to purchase again?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
vivi

Spydercos you sold, only to purchase again?

Post by vivi »

What's a knife that you owned and used, then decided to sell....and eventually wound up buying again?

I recently did that with the Perrin Street Bowie.

I purchased one 5 years back.

I'd carry it hiking...

...and it was also my companion for my first cross country bike tour, where it handled my food prep and helped me clear out spots for my hammock:

3 years ago I decided to part ways with it, trading it for the SE Pacific Salt that made me warm up to SE and CE knives. I rationalized it by telling myself my Aqua Salt can cover the same roles, and I'd probably carry the folder more often. To be fair, I think both of those things were true, and the SE Salt is my most frequently carried folder most months....

But, this week I got a new one. Made a trade for this and another fixed blade for one of my folders.

Didn't realize how much I missed this design!

It's very light. Very ergonomic. Ground nice and thin behind the edge, making it a superb utility cutter. The sheath is flawless, one of the better factory sheaths I've seen.

It's a very nice package, and using it a few times today to trim up some trails and quarter an apple, I question why I ever parted with it.

When have you experienced something similar with a Spyderco?
:unicorn
Liquid Cobra

Re: Spydercos you sold, only to purchase again?

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I’ve sold multiple and then repurchased many many para 2’s, but the new purchases were always new/different versions of the para 2.

I’ve sold a few ukpk only to replace them later. I’ve done the same with the the Nirvana. Sold it, bought it again...then sold it. I miss it though.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Manix 2, Military, Delica (and sold a second time).
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I can't participate in this thread because I rarely sell any.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I don't usually sell knives and if I do I must really really not like it and then I don't look back.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

To me knives are just things-when I come across a good deal I’ll pick it up and sell it down the line for a bit of profit, it means I can try a lot of knives I wouldn’t normally buy.

My list is thus;
Delica-I have bought 7 or 8 of these guys and moved them on, I have one now that is nice n banged up so I won’t/couldn’t sell it even if I wanted too.
Para3- nice enough knife but didn’t give me anything a delica dosnt-and the delica cuts better.
Lil native comp lock- I don’t know why but I love this little guy, again the one I have now is so banged up it’s not worth selling- it actually needs a new pivot screw and spyderco keep sending me the wrong one- I wonder if the pivot has changed there at some point?
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

PM2s and Militaries. I still have a Military though, need to pick up a fancy PM2 again someday.
Josh
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Didn't sell any, but I'm on my third black micarta C54 Calypso. Bought the first one, gave it to a friend about a year later. Bought a second one, gave it to another friend, then bought the one I have now.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Buy em all, sell em all, buy em all again
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Crazy Canuck

Post by Crazy Canuck »

This happens with me repeatedly with the Delica. Buy one, love one, it falls out of the rotation and gets moved along. A while later I'll realize I don't have one, and buy another to fix the problem... :)
- Mike

Singing along with the voices in my head
PanChango

Post by PanChango »

GB1

I thought it was too heavy and gave it to a friend. About a year later, I saw a deal on one and picked it up. Glad to have it.
silvershade255

Post by silvershade255 »

Gb2.... Did some trading for a kapara, dropped it off and immediately doubted my decision.
"Seven for One"
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

silvershade255 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:59 pm
Gb2.... Did some trading for a kapara, dropped it off and immediately doubted my decision.
Definitely not for sale/trade!! Not impressed with the Kapara, or at least how it stands to the GB2? Obviously 2 totally different knives, just like to hear opinions as I'm soooooo close to pulling the trigger on the Kapara.

Back on topic, only model with the same exact materials I've bought, sold and bought again was the Sage 5. Mainly because it was my first Spyderco knife, and being an avid fan, I felt I needed to get another just because of the sentimental value of the knife to me...though I'll still grab a Para 3 over the Sage 5 about 90% of the time haha.

It's like my signed Tiki Barber jersey (former NY Giants rb) very special to me, but hardly sees any use!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Paramilitary 2 and Para3 I sold the S30V models and even a Backup S35VN PM2. Then repurchased them in M390, a 52100 Combo PM2, and a fully serrated S30V PM2 which I like and called it quits with the PM2's and para 3s and decided I liked the military better and focused on collecting it in the different steels just for the sake of the steels and different blades, SE PE and CE as well as DLC PE and DLC Combo. but I have never ever sold one of my Millie's.
silvershade255

Post by silvershade255 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:17 pm
silvershade255 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:59 pm
Definitely not for sale/trade!! Not impressed with the Kapara, or at least how it stands to the GB2? Obviously 2 totally different knives, just like to hear opinions as I'm soooooo close to pulling the trigger on the Kapara.

Back on topic, only model with the same exact materials I've bought, sold and bought again was the Sage 5. Mainly because it was my first Spyderco knife, and being an avid fan, I felt I needed to get another just because of the sentimental value of the knife to me...though I'll still grab a Para 3 over the Sage 5 about 90% of the time haha.

It's like my signed Tiki Barber jersey (former NY Giants rb) very special to me, but hardly sees any use!
It's not dislike of the kapara, still getting a feel for it, so much as really liking the gb2, even though I didn't often carry it. Just such a great material choice and design.
"Seven for One"
anycal

Post by anycal »

Gave away, didn't sell, only to replace it with,

Delica Pakkawood - replaced with Delica St.Nick's G10
Native LW S35V - replaced with Native LW S110V
Native KC smooth G10 linerless - replaced with Native BHQ G10 linerless
Para 3 S30V - replaced with Para 3 CRUWEAR
Gave away couple PM2s only to replace each with 2x PM2s
Peter
Crux

Post by Crux »

If you sell a knife, it's like you you never had it.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
vivi

Post by vivi »

The Deacon wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:30 pm
Didn't sell any, but I'm on my third black micarta C54 Calypso. Bought the first one, gave it to a friend about a year later. Bought a second one, gave it to another friend, then bought the one I have now.
I've done this with a few models too. I tend to give away my Cara Caras, then end up adding on to an order sometime down the road. It's good to know they're seeing use.
:unicorn
Crux

Post by Crux »

I've never sold a knife but it seems maybe it's okay to. Is it?
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
Nate

Post by Nate »

I've only sold a few Spydies over the years. The Delica is the only model I've bought, sold, and bought again.

Never carried the first one (super blue) and sold it. Felt like I should give the model another chance and grabbed the teal exclusive. Still haven't carried it. Guess I just have a lot of other edc options that are pretty entrenched. Are sub-$100 safe queens a thing? Lol.
:spyder: