Spyderco Warranty Service

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
allhatnocattle

Spyderco Warranty Service

Post by allhatnocattle »

Good day fellow spyder enthusiast,
I have two questions and a short explanation. I bit the bullet and bought the BBS military. Its action is super gritty and sometimes it doesn’t want to unlock. I plan to send it back to the mothership in Golden. So my questions are do i need to let them know its coming like with a return authorization number or similar. Secondly can i pay the total plus return postage when the work/repair is completed or do i need to send a check with it to get it back to me?

Thanks!
brainfriction

Re: Spyderco Warranty Service

Post by brainfriction »

Pretty sure you can just include a check for return shipping along with a note describing what's going on with the knife.

https://www.spyderco.com/service-suppor ... ty-repair/
fatsubie

Post by fatsubie »

You don’t need to let them know ahead of time. You just include a note in the package to give a statement about what the problem is. They will decide whether it is covered by warranty or not. If the warranty is granted, they will fix it for free and return the $5 check to you.
allhatnocattle

Post by allhatnocattle »

Awesome, was just looking for someone that had used the service.
Dornbox

Post by Dornbox »

I just sent an old knife in for rehab. Got a call when they got it (or shortly after) and explanation of what they’re doing. Super easy! Really great experience!
Too many Military family variants... and yet not enough.
:spyder: