Compression Lock Millie?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Compression Lock on the Military?

Yes
53%
No
40%
I don't care as long as it is a Military
7%

Total votes: 100

Pelagic

Re: Compression Lock Millie?

Post by Pelagic »

It looks like a lot of people don't realize that if a compression lock millie was released, it wouldn't replace the military. It also seems like a lot of people don't realize that no one is forcing you to purchase any new releases. Let's not let this thread get sour. The "well, I use knives correctly, so I don't have a problem" type posts aren't the epitome of necessary. And I don't think anyone is a "moron" for suggesting a sprint run of a model in a different lock. And, I firmly believe that most people getting behind this idea would be fine with a Para XL. It would sell out regardless.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

I’d certainly consider buying a large Compression Lock folder if it appealed to me.

In the meantime the Military is easily my favourite large folder as is. :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
vivi

Post by vivi »

Pelagic wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:20 am
It looks like a lot of people don't realize that if a compression lock millie was released, it wouldn't replace the military. It also seems like a lot of people don't realize that no one is forcing you to purchase any new releases. Let's not let this thread get sour. The "well, I use knives correctly, so I don't have a problem" type posts aren't the epitome of necessary. And I don't think anyone is a "moron" for suggesting a sprint run of a model in a different lock. And, I firmly believe that most people getting behind this idea would be fine with a Para XL. It would sell out regardless.
well said. it wouldn't be the first spyderco to be offered with different locks. i mean the millie is already on that list, being available in frame lock and liner lock. the former never did replace the latter.
:unicorn
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

5-by-5 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:37 pm
I'm so sick of the compression lock!

The Military is a Military glove operated design. The compression lock is not!

How about the morons asking for a compression lock Millies ask for a Paramilitary XL
People like you need to leave. We can disagree, but when you start resorting to name calling, just show yourself out.

The door is that way. -->
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:01 am
5-by-5 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:37 pm
I'm so sick of the compression lock!

The Military is a Military glove operated design. The compression lock is not!

How about the morons asking for a compression lock Millies ask for a Paramilitary XL
People like you need to leave. We can disagree, but when you start resorting to name calling, just show yourself out.

The door is that way. -->
Well said Guy! :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

The Military is a classic, and it works great, leave it alone! ;)
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

I wouldn't be as interested in a Comp Lock Millie.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Bought my first Spyderco about 6 weeks ago. A Shaman. Terrible action out the box but a thorough cleaning and lubing and it's now the best action I've ever personally had in a folding knife. The blade is excellent. Really a great knife.

I was so impressed with the knife I decided to snag another Spyderco. Found a PM2 in S35VN. Much better action out of the box than the Shaman and I'm in love with the blade shape. Gonna be hard to kick this knife out of my pocket anytime soon.

But I tell you what would have a real shot, a tip up carry, compression lock Military. I would certainly purchase one if it were available today. Even if it was a more expensive sprint run super steel that I personally do not need/want, I would spring for it. Seems like a knife that should exist to me. But I'm new to Spyderco, so take it for what's it's worth.
Mini2white

Post by Mini2white »

No thanks. Not all knives suit all buyers. I wanted a PM2 before they came out. But then that compression lock..... sadly I dont like them.
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

I’d be interested in a comp lock Millie if it had a tip up carry option and an upgraded steel. I have plenty of S30 V already.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder: