Para Military 2 Titanium

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RobDigi

Para Military 2 Titanium

Post by RobDigi »

How many would like a Spyderco made PM2 Titanium ?
bearfacedkiller

Re: Para Military 2 Titanium

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Fluted with integral lock. There were prototypes made years ago. These would sell well so I am unsure why they have never reached production?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

My fluted Military is a favourite. Were the fluted Native and Millie big sellers ? - they weren’t cheap.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I’ve wanted a titanium PM2 for a long time. There are after market ti scales that you can buy but I’m waiting for something official from Spyderco. Having the liner sit under the ti scale just doesn’t seem right. I’d definitely prefer the official Spyderco version to be like the integral Darby mentioned above.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
RobDigi

Post by RobDigi »

Spyderco does a great job with the finish on all their Ti models,
I've been waiting for this ...seems so logical.
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

I have the Flytanium Scales on a PM2. It is a little heavy because of the stainless steel liners underneath. But it is still an awesome knife. Feels good in the hand, different than the G10 models. An official titanium PM2 from Spyderco with a R.I.L. or Compression Lock would be sweet!
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
husq2100

Post by husq2100 »

Im probably one of the few that doesnt really want a Ti PM2, and I do LOVE the PM2!!

I have a Sebenza for that and it really suits it. Im just really a fan of the whole package that the PM2 is and enjoy the G10 scales. Its weight /balance is just right as is IMO
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Ti PM2 LC200N please. Thanks.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Casey Lynch Ti scales - single liner delete. Only the liner with the compression lock is used, the opposite liner has been replaced by a single Ti scale complete with the D-shaped pivot hole. These are much lighter than the Flytanium and other secondary market Ti scales that require you to use both stock liners.

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Imagine a titanium/carbon fiber pm2 in REX 121. In the pocket, it could appear almost like a gentleman's knife, titanium wouldn't tear up your pockets, carbon fiber would provide ample grip and offer weight reduction over full titanium models, and it would rarely need sharpening.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

I too owned some Flytanium scales and thought they were cool enough. And I agree that a Spyderco made tiPM2 would be a must buy; integral compression lock preferred, but integral frame lock is great as well.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:59 am
Fluted with integral lock. There were prototypes made years ago. These would sell well so I am unsure why they have never reached production?
This. I had the Flytanium scales and now know for certain that have no interest in a PM2 that simply has Ti scales. However, a fluted Ti with a integral comp lock however would be pure bliss!
bobnikon

Post by bobnikon »

Just figured I would bring sexy back. The thread about the Bowie had me thinking. I like the knife, whether or not you like Nick, but the knife I really want is the LC200 Ti PM2. Would also be perfectly happy with M390/20CV.

Cheers
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Eh, I'd rather them do the Caribbean XL in Ti like Sal had talked about. Machine the same grip pattern, contour it and I'm a happy boy!

There are too many PM2s already. Besides, the Ti A.T.R is almost a Ti PM2 already(kinda).
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Pancake

Post by Pancake »

Titanium PM2 makes sense for me only if they made it as copper BladeHQ exclusive - titanium scales with only one liner for compression lock.
But, if you go that route, why not made the scales from FRN and make a LW version?
Am I right or am I right?
In the pocket: Chaparral FRN, Native Chief, Police 4 K390, Pacific Salt SE, Manix 2 G10 REX45
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:53 pm
Casey Lynch Ti scales - single liner delete. Only the liner with the compression lock is used, the opposite liner has been replaced by a single Ti scale complete with the D-shaped pivot hole. These are much lighter than the Flytanium and other secondary market Ti scales that require you to use both stock liners.

Those scales are beautiful! Does he ever sell them separately or do you have to buy the whole knife build from him (that's all I see on the Lynch website now).
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Abyss_Fish

Post by Abyss_Fish »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Oh man I wish there were some integral comp locks still in the lineup. A pm2 or a para 3 with an integral Ti comp lock would be glorious. Or hey since the Sage is all about new locks they could try the scale style on that one and see how it goes. I’m all for it.
Lightly insane.

Current spydie collection: Watu, Rhino, UKPK Salt G10 bladeswap, Yojimbo 2 Smooth G10 Cru-Wear, Manix lw “mystic” 20cv, SmallFly 2, Waterway, Ladybug k390, Caribbean
Current favorite steels: sg2/R2, lc200n/Z-FiNit, 3v
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

bearfacedkiller wrote:

Well, not directly the Titanium, but an integral frame lock instead of a comp. lock would make the PM2 more appealing to me!
I know I´ll probably be pretty alone with this, but I actually would like to see just one side (obviously the lock side) metal/titanium and the other side G10 (or Micarta), like on the Brouwer... :rolleyes:
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Wartstein

Post by Wartstein »

Abyss_Fish wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:22 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Oh man I wish there were some integral comp locks still in the lineup. A pm2 or a para 3 with an integral Ti comp lock would be glorious. Or hey since the Sage is all about new locks they could try the scale style on that one and see how it goes. I’m all for it.
Just A.T.R. and I think Salsa come to my mind - were there more integral comp. lock Spydies?
Top three going by pocket-time (update March 24):
- EDC: Endura thin red line ffg combo edge (VG10); Wayne Goddard PE (4V), Endela SE (VG10)
-Mountains/outdoors: Pac.Salt 1 SE (H1), Salt 2 SE (LC200N), and also Wayne Goddard PE (4V)
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:48 am
Eh, I'd rather them do the Caribbean XL in Ti like Sal had talked about. Machine the same grip pattern, contour it and I'm a happy boy!

There are too many PM2s already. Besides, the Ti A.T.R is almost a Ti PM2 already(kinda).
I, too, would be more interested in the Caribbean platform for a titanium compression frame lock model.
Last edited by Bill1170 on Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.