REX 45 Military In Stock!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gonzokat86
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 8:12 pm

Re: REX 45 Military In Stock!

Postby gonzokat86 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:26 am

attila wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:26 pm
Dornbox wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:52 pm
gonzokat86 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:22 pm
I was hoping this would go for sale on the Spyderco website but I guess it’s not happening..
I’ve asked a few times and they keep telling me they will. Fingers crossed because I’ve been holding off myself.
Don't worry friends. I spoke with Jon at the sfo yesterday. He has them and says he should have the webpage built by the end of the week.
This is awesome news, I missed the para 3 and pm2, couldn’t stand missing out on the Rex 45 altogether

User avatar
awa54
Member
Posts: 2396
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:54 am
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

Re: REX 45 Military In Stock!

Postby awa54 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:39 am

Alright, I really don't want to miss this knife, so I snagged one from TQK (now on eBay only) for a $14 premium over "Major E-tailers"...
Once I get a shipping confirmation from them the KC preorder gets cancelled!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...

basedlarrydavid
Member
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:52 pm

Re: REX 45 Military In Stock!

Postby basedlarrydavid » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:33 am

Late to the party here -- what other online retailers haven't gotten their in yet?
More K390 and 10V, please.

Instagram: @ohioapexing

Extra330SC
Member
Posts: 748
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: Encinitas, CALIFORNIA

Re: REX 45 Military In Stock!

Postby Extra330SC » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:30 am

basedlarrydavid wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:33 am
Late to the party here -- what other online retailers haven't gotten their in yet?
Not 100% certain. ..GP Knives, New Graham , and Knives Plus are still to release. Not sure if Blade HQ is getting more or not. Good luck

James

cospyder
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:54 pm

Re: REX 45 Military In Stock!

Postby cospyder » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:59 am

Couple more in stock at Fradon Lock & Safe at $209
https://www.safeandlockstore.com/knives ... ife-blade/

cospyder
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:54 pm

Re: REX 45 Military In Stock!

Postby cospyder » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:01 am

L.O.L. they show 250 in stock! Confirmed with Jim it's really only 2 left.
Good luck friends.

User avatar
setldown
Member
Posts: 371
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:58 pm
Location: SE Wisconsin - USA

Re: REX 45 Military In Stock!

Postby setldown » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:34 am

Bento has them for 181.00 and 14.75 shipping.(US) With all the big shops adding sales tax it ain't looking too bad now.

VA.koi guy
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:42 am

Re: REX 45 Military In Stock!

Postby VA.koi guy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:59 am

setldown wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:34 am
Bento has them for 181.00 and 14.75 shipping.(US) With all the big shops adding sales tax it ain't looking too bad now.
Sold out as of last night 8 pm my time...

User avatar
awa54
Member
Posts: 2396
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:54 am
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

Re: REX 45 Military In Stock!

Postby awa54 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:03 pm

Got my tracking number already!

Top Quality Knives out of Florida still has four up on eBay at $196 shipped (seller kershawspydercoknives). Works out to the same price as BBS and I had my tracking number in less than two hours!

I've purchased two or three knives from them in the past and the transactions were trouble free.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...

Chumango
Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:14 am
Location: East TN

Re: REX 45 Military In Stock!

Postby Chumango » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:12 pm

I don't think all the shops are adding tax. Bladeops did not, and the other day when I went almost through checkout at BHQ they did not.

User avatar
CXXX
Member
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: Thompsons Station, Tennessee

Re: REX 45 Military In Stock!

Postby CXXX » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:16 pm

awa54 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:03 pm
Got my tracking number already!

Top Quality Knives out of Florida still has four up on eBay at $196 shipped (seller kershawspydercoknives). Works out to the same price as BBS and I had my tracking number in less than two hours!

I've purchased two or three knives from them in the past and the transactions were trouble free.
Thank You, Got one ordered from TQK. The Trifecta [Millie, Paramilitary 2, Para 3] is complete.

User avatar
awa54
Member
Posts: 2396
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:54 am
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

Re: REX 45 Military In Stock!

Postby awa54 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:07 pm

CXXX wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:16 pm
awa54 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:03 pm
Got my tracking number already!

Top Quality Knives out of Florida still has four up on eBay at $196 shipped (seller kershawspydercoknives). Works out to the same price as BBS and I had my tracking number in less than two hours!

I've purchased two or three knives from them in the past and the transactions were trouble free.
Thank You, Got one ordered from TQK. The Trifecta [Millie, Paramilitary 2, Para 3] is complete.

At this point I collectively owe the forum quite a few tips on where to find a Sprint or other new release ;) I'm glad to have been able to pay off a little of that debt!
Looks like TQK is all out now :(

I really wish I had discovered how much I like the Para 3 before the REX45 Sprint was gone... maybe in a couple of years, after the hype has died down I can get one for under $200, but in the meantime I have the KC CruWear exclusive, which isn't half bad!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...

Demon85z
Member
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:28 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: REX 45 Military In Stock!

Postby Demon85z » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:40 pm

gonzokat86 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:26 am
attila wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:26 pm
Dornbox wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:52 pm
gonzokat86 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:22 pm
I was hoping this would go for sale on the Spyderco website but I guess it’s not happening..
I’ve asked a few times and they keep telling me they will. Fingers crossed because I’ve been holding off myself.
Don't worry friends. I spoke with Jon at the sfo yesterday. He has them and says he should have the webpage built by the end of the week.
This is awesome news, I missed the para 3 and pm2, couldn’t stand missing out on the Rex 45 altogether
SFO rex 45 military is up and live..order placed!
Delica,endura zome,rubicon,sage 1,2,3,domino,chaparral Ti,para 3 cru,caly 3 hap40,resilience,dog tag Ti,assist,urban k390,grasshopper,honeybee,manix 2 trans blue,persistence blue,dragonfly h1 hawk,dragonfly h1,manbug,mule 10 bd1,temperance 2, fish hunter, proficient, rock vg10, pygmy warrior, tighe stick, lil lionspy, pits blue,street beat,pingo,position cf, manix 2 nat g10 m4 satin and dlc, mamba,pm2 m390,20cv,52100,s30v,forum 2018,delica zome pink purple, green yellow,orange delica wharncliffe s30v, native 5 orange dlc s90v,fluted ti,southard brown, squarehead Ti,ARK,roadie,pacific salt,noble chap,sliverax,delica Damascus Ti, hundred pacer.PPT carbon,spyderhawk sprint,Caribbean leaf.Jumpmaster1, 2,caly jr super blue, warrior,atr2,dallara3,bushcraft,meerkat,euroedge,cook,chef, mini paring,paring,utility,santoku,junction,manix 4v,native salt.

Dornbox
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:33 am
Location: Maine

Re: REX 45 Military In Stock!

Postby Dornbox » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:10 pm

Welp... I missed that.
Too many Military family variants... and yet not enough.
:spyder:

User avatar
attila
Member
Posts: 1299
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:20 am
Location: Maryland

Re: REX 45 Military In Stock!

Postby attila » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:37 pm

Demon85z wrote: SFO rex 45 military is up and live..order placed!
Thanks for the heads up, but I was working, so I missed it.

How does the mothership run out so quickly?!?!

They are selling for full retail to most people, so that was unexpectedly fast. Perhaps a bunch of opfocus discountees were just refreshing the page constantly.

I called and was told that they truly sold out in an instant.
Own: Delica, yOld S30V Native, pointy Breeden Rescue, Delica, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW,Pakka Delica, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, M4 Manix, HAP40 Caly 3, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, Pakka DF2, Cruwear PM2, SE Pac Salt, HAP40 Jazzlica, S110V Native, P.I.T.S., DLC Manix, REX 45 PM2, Para 3, XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, 20CV PM2, Rhino, SB Calypso Jr., B70P, PMA11, K03, ZDP Stretch 2, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, 204p PM2, Swick, SG Delica, BL Lil'Native, AEB-L Urban, HAP40 Stretch, KC Cruwear Manix,Cruwear Military, M390 PM2, Cruwear Delica, 4V Lil'Native, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Para 3 LW, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, RexWood Shaman, DLC Cruwear Shaman, Rex 45 Manix, Native 5, Native LW, 204p Para 3, S45VN PM2, S90V Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP Cruwear Manix

Waiting for: SPY27, K490, Swick 5, and something purple
.

Dornbox
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:33 am
Location: Maine

Re: REX 45 Military In Stock!

Postby Dornbox » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:43 pm

I'm amazed too. I thought that the Mothership would have had a weeks worth at least. I've had really good luck with the last couple Esclusive Para 3s so I guess I can't be too bummed. Hopefully I'll be able to get one of the Blade HQ Millies when they drop.
Too many Military family variants... and yet not enough.
:spyder:

User avatar
attila
Member
Posts: 1299
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:20 am
Location: Maryland

Re: REX 45 Military In Stock!

Postby attila » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:49 pm

For me, it was going to be my first Military, and I cancelled my KC preorder in prep for ordering from the SFO. That's the main reason I'm bummed. I'm gonna have to find someone to trade knives with.

Perhaps I'll get a BHQ, but my hopes are low.

As an update, I got a call back from the SFO with the news that they only got 5 of these from the factory and no more are expected. Just 5 because they get what amount the dealers didn't buy up. That means that dealers bought more of these than normal runs.
Own: Delica, yOld S30V Native, pointy Breeden Rescue, Delica, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW,Pakka Delica, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, M4 Manix, HAP40 Caly 3, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, Pakka DF2, Cruwear PM2, SE Pac Salt, HAP40 Jazzlica, S110V Native, P.I.T.S., DLC Manix, REX 45 PM2, Para 3, XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, 20CV PM2, Rhino, SB Calypso Jr., B70P, PMA11, K03, ZDP Stretch 2, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, 204p PM2, Swick, SG Delica, BL Lil'Native, AEB-L Urban, HAP40 Stretch, KC Cruwear Manix,Cruwear Military, M390 PM2, Cruwear Delica, 4V Lil'Native, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Para 3 LW, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, RexWood Shaman, DLC Cruwear Shaman, Rex 45 Manix, Native 5, Native LW, 204p Para 3, S45VN PM2, S90V Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP Cruwear Manix

Waiting for: SPY27, K490, Swick 5, and something purple
.

Dornbox
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:33 am
Location: Maine

Re: REX 45 Military In Stock!

Postby Dornbox » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:58 pm

Ahhhhh. Mine too. I wish I knew that's how the SFO worked. Thanks for the share. Now we know in the future to get it where and when we can. I think there are still places online where it has yet to drop...?
Too many Military family variants... and yet not enough.
:spyder:

Hopsbreath
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Re: REX 45 Military In Stock!

Postby Hopsbreath » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:05 pm

Rex 45 selling like Fun-Dip at a little league game, and there sits the Knifeworks S90V framelock Military for virtually the same price. I swear I don’t understand what drives knife sales.

Dornbox
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:33 am
Location: Maine

Re: REX 45 Military In Stock!

Postby Dornbox » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:20 pm

Hopsbreath wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:05 pm
Rex 45 selling like Fun-Dip at a little league game, and there sits the Knifeworks S90V framelock Military for virtually the same price. I swear I don’t understand what drives knife sales.
Bright Colored G-10. Carbon fiber really doesn't do anything for me after seeing so much of it in the Automotive and Bicycle industries. I almost didn't buy the KC smooth black G-10 Cru Para 3. So glad I did though. It's my EDC Monday - Friday.
Too many Military family variants... and yet not enough.
:spyder:


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aicolainen, JMM and 43 guests