DF2 keeps getting more pocket time

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZMW

DF2 keeps getting more pocket time

Post by ZMW »

Ever since I bought the KW frame lock Military, I keep finding my DF2 in my pocket more and more. The Carbon Fiber/Titanium Military is my favorite knife, it is amazing! But, the large size is too big for office EDC or sitting in the car driving around town. Too much pocket room... Now that I am noticing the room it takes up, I am not carrying my stretch as much either.

By buying a bigger knife, it has made me enjoy and like my smaller knives more. Has anyone else had this reverse buy and carry scenario?
ZrowsN1s

Re: DF2 keeps getting more pocket time

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Dragonfly remains my favorite Spydie. I like having a bigger knife too though. Dfly makes the perfect companion blade.

Around the office my hawkbill dfly is my most useful knife.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

I want a nishjin one!
Or the pakkawood one.
But, alas.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i love my df2 salt. who can be intimidated by a little yellow knife? it's a nice fidget toy too.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
RobDigi

Post by RobDigi »

I own many Spyderco and I like the smaller ones ..
I don't know why it took me so long to go after a Dfly but I got a Pakkawood in the mail right now!
I like a little heft better than lightweight so that won't be an issue..still under 2oz. thats nothing!

I'm not so sure about the Pakkawood just wanted something different,
some look good some not so much..the Hap 40 is a steel I've never had exprience with.
Last edited by RobDigi on Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:58 am, edited 8 times in total.
40mm

Post by 40mm »

DF2 remains my favorite and ONLY dedicated knife. My do all. Again, my only wish for the DF2 is that Sal decides to offer the serrated H1 in the all black look like the big boys.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

The handle on the Dfly is genius. I prefer the frn to the g10 version I had because it weighs almost nothing.
elena86

Post by elena86 »

ZMW wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:45 am
Ever since I bought the KW frame lock Military, I keep finding my DF2 in my pocket more and more. The Carbon Fiber/Titanium Military is my favorite knife, it is amazing! But, the large size is too big for office EDC or sitting in the car driving around town. Too much pocket room... Now that I am noticing the room it takes up, I am not carrying my stretch as much either.

By buying a bigger knife, it has made me enjoy and like my smaller knives more. Has anyone else had this reverse buy and carry scenario?

Same here ! I love my CF/Ti Millie and I agree with Michael Christy that it's " a Military to end all Militaries " but I rather carry my beloved K390 Urban or even my ZDP189 Dfly2. In my urban environment I really don't need a larger blade...
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
PayneTrain

Post by PayneTrain »

I've been having the opposite problem. I usually rotate my knives at least a few times a week, picking up whatever suits my fancy that day, but a couple weeks ago I picked up my Military and it just won't leave me! I thought I was really turning into a 3" max kinda guy because in reality it's more than enough 95% of the time, but something about the Military overrides that sensibility.

I really like my Dragonfly and it usually sticks to my pocket for a few consecutive days, but not in this way. Step it up to a Delica though, and it's a different conversation. I think the Dragonfly is just below my threshold. It's not a do-all for me, it's more of a niche knife for when I specifically need something small.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
RobDigi

Post by RobDigi »

PayneTrain wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:49 pm
I've been having the opposite problem. I usually rotate my knives at least a few times a week, picking up whatever suits my fancy that day, but a couple weeks ago I picked up my Military and it just won't leave me! I thought I was really turning into a 3" max kinda guy because in reality it's more than enough 95% of the time, but something about the Military overrides that sensibility.

I really like my Dragonfly and it usually sticks to my pocket for a few consecutive days, but not in this way. Step it up to a Delica though, and it's a different conversation. I think the Dragonfly is just below my threshold. It's not a do-all for me, it's more of a niche knife for when I specifically need something small.
Thats what I always got out of my Manbug...I was hoping for a little more from the Dfly.
spyderwolf

Post by spyderwolf »

Spyderco is the undisputed king of the small knives,and the DF2 is it's crown jewel.I love it,but i would love to see a fixed blade version,maybe a hair larger,something like the Kizlyar Supreme Hammy.
Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt.