Para 3 came with stone washed satin finish

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Genotoxic

Para 3 came with stone washed satin finish

Post by Genotoxic »

I recently picked up a second Para 3, just the basic black G-10 and satin blade but this second one is different. I noticed something was slightly different out of the packaging and when comparing to my nearly identical older Para 3 I noticed my original one has the classic Spyderco satin done on it but my new one has an identical finish to that on my Manix's... the light stone wash on top of the satin that I think comes standard on all un coated Manix models. This definitely was done at the factory though, the blade is wearing a blazing sharp factory edge that is untouched and the etching on the blade is perfect and would have had to been done after the blade was finished. This to me rules out the possibility of getting a returned knife that someone tinkered with before sending back, but I am curious if a slight mistake was made in the finishing process so it was turned into a stone washed version to salvage it.

At first I was worried about a knockoff but my knife has the smoothest action of any of my Spydercos ive ever owned and other than the finish on the blade its completely identical to my other Para 3... also testing the blade steel made me confident its actual S30V and not some random Chinese pot metal. There could still be a possibility of a counterfeit but I don't think so, I am curious if anyone else has seen this before though or if I have a one of a kind Para 3

Also this is my first post ever in case I posted this on the wrong sub forum... apologies in advance
Rutger

Re: Para 3 came with stone washed satin finish

Post by Rutger »

Got a photo?
Genotoxic

Re: Para 3 came with stone washed satin finish

Post by Genotoxic »

Once I figure out how to add pictures to my post I'll definitely have some and compare it to my manix and second Para 3