Any Spyderco Military sprint runs or exclusives coming out besides REX45?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Any Spyderco Military sprint runs or exclusives coming out besides REX45?

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

I have fallen in love with the Military can't believe it took so long to try one.

Current collection:

Military in CTS-204P Excellent favored Steel bought a back up after falling in love with this steel.

Military IN CTS-XHP

Military in M4

Partly Serrated Military DLC

Plain edge Military DLC

Vintage 1998-2001 Fully Serrated 440V Military the last two are in the mail.

Considering the REX45 what are the pros and cons people who have the PM2 and Para3 are experiencing? How is the patenaing and rust? Does REX 45 discolor and rust as swiftly as 52100?
steelcity16

Re: Any Spyderco Military sprint runs or exclusives coming out besides REX45?

Post by steelcity16 »

None that I have seen announced, which is quite a disappointment. I am definitely getting the Rex45.

My hope is to see these in 2019...though none have been confirmed or discussed in much depth

1. a new Cruwear Military with the CQI enhancement...same grey G10 with DLC would be perfect
2. a St Nick's Red G10 / DLC 4V exclusive
3. a Knifeworks Grey G10 / DLC 52100 exclusive
4. a BHQ Natural Jade G10 / DLC M4 exclusive
5. an Fluorescent Day Glow Yellow G10 / DLC LC200N Military Salt :D
6. MAXAMEME!...I mean Maxamet ;)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
A.S.O.K.A

Post by A.S.O.K.A »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:35 am

Considering the REX45 what are the pros and cons people who have the PM2 and Para3 are experiencing? How is the patenaing and rust? Does REX 45 discolor and rust as swiftly as 52100?
I have a REX45 Para3 and did a vid on my YT channel on my 1month carry experience with it. To give you a short answer: edge holding is excellent if proper sharpening and stropping is applied, corrosive wear is at acceptable levels having only 4.05% Chromium and is no wear near as bad as 52100, the only real con is some may not like the handle colour. Hope this helps.
Every Steel Has Its Appeal :cool:

A.S.O.K.A Edge on Youtube
KingRat

Post by KingRat »

Just gonna say, if anyone of importance happens to be listening, I would take two of the CPM 20CV coyote tan/brown versions if offered in the Military platform. I missed your PM2 version (which sold like lightning; anyone not online within the hour did not get one). Let me know. I'm good to go.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:35 am
I have fallen in love with the Military can't believe it took so long to try one.

Current collection:

Military in CTS-204P Excellent favored Steel bought a back up after falling in love with this steel.

Military IN CTS-XHP

Military in M4

Partly Serrated Military DLC

Plain edge Military DLC

Vintage 1998-2001 Fully Serrated 440V Military the last two are in the mail.

You should get the KnifeWorks exclusive Military S90V, titanium frame lock with carbon fiber for $199.95 before they run out.

https://www.knifeworks.com/kw-exclusive ... usive.html
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
glutofknives

Post by glutofknives »

I need that burnt orange military before spooky month is over.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Sprint run/exclusive Millies haven't been selling well..the S90V CF/Ti Exclusive still hasn't sold out almost 2 years after release. 52100 is still available. 204p Millie took 2 and a half years to sell out.

A Maxamet Millie looks less and less likely so a K390 Millie would work.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Military just doesn't sell in the same quantity as ParaMilitary2, Para3, Delica, Endura, Native5, etc.

Also, there were a lot of Military that came out in a banner one year period starting in May 2016:
  1. Military CTS-204P Green G-10 KnifeWorks
  2. Military 52100 CF Sprint
  3. Military CPM-S110V Blue G-10
  4. Military CPM-S90V CF TI R.I.L. Lock KnifeWorks
  5. Military CPM-M4 Natural G-10 BladeHQ
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
ZMW

Post by ZMW »

[/quote]

You should get the KnifeWorks exclusive Military S90V, titanium frame lock with carbon fiber for $199.95 before they run out.

[/quote]

This is my first Millie - and what a freakin knife! Amazing!
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Philo Beddoe wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:46 pm
Sprint run/exclusive Millies haven't been selling well..the S90V CF/Ti Exclusive still hasn't sold out almost 2 years after release. 52100 is still available. 204p Millie took 2 and a half years to sell out.

And the planned FRN Police 4 will also be fishing in this small pool of bigger knife lovers. The FRN K390 will be killer.
The military platform just won't be very interesting for exclusives from other parties. I guess Spyderco will keep doing their military sprint each year though. Lets hope for a Salt edition with LC200N next year.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Rutger wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:42 pm
Philo Beddoe wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:46 pm

And the planned FRN Police 4 will also be fishing in this small pool of bigger knife lovers. The FRN K390 will be killer.
The military platform just won't be very interesting for exclusives from other parties. I guess Spyderco will keep doing their military sprint each year though. Lets hope for a Salt edition with LC200N next year.
LC200N yep Im on board along with an H1 fully serrated.
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

RamZar wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:22 pm

This is excellent advice -- it is quite a fine knife.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

K390/10V, Elmax or Maxamet!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Doeswhateveraspidercan

I am impressed with the 204p I got from knife works. What are some of the reasons for going with the S90V titanium and CF scales neither of which are favorites with me.

Is the S90 V better than lets say S110V? Does the one side of titanium really add anything mire that weightt and an easily scratched up surface?

As a fellow knife nut you must know these provocotive suggestions are aluring. Help me pull the trigger.
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:23 pm
I am impressed with the 204p I got from knife works. What are some of the reasons for going with the S90V titanium and CF scales neither of which are favorites with me.

Is the S90 V better than lets say S110V? Does the one side of titanium really add anything mire that weightt and an easily scratched up surface?

As a fellow knife nut you must know these provocotive suggestions are aluring. Help me pull the trigger.
There are those who prefer S90 to S110. I think it's softer than 110, something like 59-60 RC, where the 110 is more like 62; the wear resistance is very high. The titanium/carbon combo is a couple tenths of an ounce heavier than a G-10 Military.

The deal right now is so good, it's hard for me not to pull the trigger, even though I can't think of any use to which I could put that knife.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:57 pm

I'd love to try an Elmax Military!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:46 pm
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:57 pm

I'd love to try an Elmax Military!
I would be happy to have a foliage green one to match my Para2.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Ill second the Elmax Military but I do wish Spyderco would polish more of the blades. The Elmax polished blade on my lionspy is awesome and more rust proof that the rough satin finish on most of their blades.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Looking hard at getting the military S90V with titanium and CF a question does the Reeve integral lock put bare titanium up against the S90V blade to lock or is there a piece of steel attached to the titanium frame lock like there is with my Lionspy? Orherwise I can see the Titanium wearing over time and use.
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:51 pm
Looking hard at getting the military S90V with titanium and CF a question does the Reeve integral lock put bare titanium up against the S90V blade to lock or is there a piece of steel attached to the titanium frame lock like there is with my Lionspy? Orherwise I can see the Titanium wearing over time and use.
How about you check the store page? Says so right there.
"Lock Type: frame lock with R.I.L. and steel insert."

Or check the images